Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Rise of the Bootyarchy

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...ns-say-n312996

The perfect world is upon us friends. Soon all women everywhere will be getting the booties needed for a better world.

Kim Kardashian is boosting plastic surgeons' bottom lines.

Two doctors' organizations have tallied up the cosmetic procedures performed last year, and butt augmentation skyrocketed — as did a controversial surgery to reshape women's genitals. Meanwhile, old-fashioned breast enlargement, still the most common cosmetic surgery, took a dip.

Surgeons say stars who celebrate their cabooses are fueling the surge, but critics contend it's medical marketing that has convinced some Americans they need posterior padding at the cost of thousands of dollars and physical risks.

"Everywhere you look in the media, butts are in," said Dr. Scott Glasberg, president of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons.

His group's data, extrapolated from surveys of 953 doctors, found silicone implants for the rear-end nearly doubled to 1,863 nationwide between 2013 and 2014. A less invasive operation that transplants fat removed from elsewhere on the body, dubbed the Brazilian, rose 15% to more than 11,000 procedures.

The American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, another trade group that surveyed 901 doctors, found an even bigger increase. Both kinds of augmentations nearly doubled, from 11,527 of both types of procedures in 2013 to 21,446 last year.

Deleted
    It's a sad state when people have to get surgery to try and be "liked" in todays society.

10+ Year Old Account
    Do they got the booty?

They dooooo. Thanks science.
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    It's a sad state when people have to get surgery to try and be "liked" in todays society.
    Kidding aside, it seems a bit bad that this is becoming more of a thing.

I don't agree with the variables that the article claims is causing it. Jlo, Beyonce, and Kim K have profited from their asses since the 90s.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Kidding aside, it seems a bit bad that this is becoming more of a thing.

I don't agree with the variables that the article claims is causing it. Jlo, Beyonce, and Kim K have profited from their asses since the 90s.
    Just enough time for women who grew up around those years to be old enough for the cosmetic surgery.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    Just enough time for women who grew up around those years to be old enough for the cosmetic surgery.
    touché Felfury.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would make sense that seeing famous women with big butts would make it popular. Now if only it would make my gf think her ass wasnt too big...
    #JusticeForRucati
    PSN: Iskalla74, inv for Destiny if you need help

Just the natural consequences of a society which focuses so heavily on image/appearance and the consumption of others like they're food or some shit. Don't act like you're not a part of this bigzo.

Why can't they just do squats instead of surgery? I get that some women get breast implants, but if your butt is flat, the solution is hitting the gym, not implants...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiili Mooneye View Post
    And they even look like ugly plastic dolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Just the natural consequences of a society which focuses so heavily on image/appearance and the consumption of others like they're food or some shit. Don't act like you're not a part of this bigzo.
    Yeah.

Before this men were looking for inner beauty.

Quote Originally Posted by Maddoc View Post
    Why can't they just do squats instead of surgery? I get that some women get breast implants, but if your butt is flat, the solution is hitting the gym, not implants...
    Why is that even a problem to begin with? No, everyone needs to be 'fixed' according to your personal standards...

Deleted
    'I got those scars when I fell of my bike aged 11'.

Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Yeah.

Before this men were looking for inner beauty.
    So that gives you a free pass?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b2121945 View Post
    And they even look like ugly plastic dolls.
    Oh god. You reminded me of this:

Quote Originally Posted by Raybourne View Post
    Why is that even a problem to begin with? No, everyone needs to be 'fixed' according to your personal standards...
    What the fuck are you on about? My standards? Where did I say that I demanded this? All I said was instead of getting implants, they should hit the gym and build a booty. Not that EVERYONE should. Don't put false arguments in my mouth.

Deleted
    Bootys are evil

What the fuck are you on about? My standards? Where did I say that I demanded this? All I said was instead of getting implants, they should hit the gym and build a booty. Not that EVERYONE should. Don't put false arguments in my mouth.
    You did say fixed though. Where's the problem that needs to be fixed?

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Bootys are evil
    I gladly nominate myself to fight evil alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can't really just build yourself a butt like that can you? Part of it is genetics, where you store your fat and such.
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.