Page 1 of 3
LastLast

why aren't undead DKs using human models?

curious.. shouldn't they be using the human DK model - afterall you can't raise an undead as undead.. and undead are just undead humans which is what the DK is anyway.

at the very least shouldn't humans be able to choose from the human or undead dk model for DK? and at least the same for undead huhh?

so what was the reason they gave? or we left to imagine it?

Deleted
    Game mechs are the only reason.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why is this hard to figure out? Either they were human before being turned into a DK or they were forsaken. Forsaken don't look like humans much because of how they were created. That's all there is to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrathonia View Post
    Why is this hard to figure out? Either they were human before being turned into a DK or they were forsaken. Forsaken don't look like humans much because of how they were created. That's all there is to it.
    because it is potentially confusing, ...how can a forsaken turn into a DK? you get raised from the dead into a DK, a forsaken is already undead, how can it be raised?

Any race can be raised from the dead. I don't see a problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Any race can be raised from the dead. I don't see a problem.
    Not pandaren.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not pandaren.
    They should. A panda can level through there. So, a panda should be able to die and get rezzed. This game is too fucking stupid to prevent such things. like the paladin argument, forsaken are easily the 2nd best option for a paladin, but it isn't allowed.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    because it is potentially confusing, ...how can a forsaken turn into a DK? you get raised from the dead into a DK, a forsaken is already undead, how can it be raised?
    Daark magic.

It is because of game mechanics because a forsaken wouldn't be turned into a death knight

Deleted
    curious.. shouldn't they be using the human DK model - afterall you can't raise an undead as undead.. and undead are just undead humans which is what the DK is anyway.

at the very least shouldn't humans be able to choose from the human or undead dk model for DK? and at least the same for undead huhh?

If you do the starting quests you realise how silly forsaken DKs are. They aren't the same as a human DK.

A Forsaken DK has died in their life, been resurrected as a forsaken > Lived as a Forsaken > died again and been resurrected a second time as a Death Knight.

A Human DK has only died once.
    Last edited by mmoc79cd15b503; 2015-04-17 at 02:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account

Undeads can be ressurected once again, forsaken DKs are just, dead people that were ressurected and then died once again as a Forsaken only to get ressurected again by the scourge as a DK

- - - Updated - - -

After you raise him once, KILL HIM!, then raise him again... TADA!

15+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, for forsaken DKs it's incredibly simple. They are already undead. All the Lich King had to do was capture one and force his will upon it. Yes, as long as you aren't under the scourge and you still have the protection of Sylvannas you are fine. But if he stands over you with Frostmourne in hand? Sorry, you are his now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    Not pandaren.
    Actually, there ARE Pandaren DK followers, see http://www.wowhead.com/follower=239.2/gravewalker-gie
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

10+ Year Old Account
    I always assumed that they were forsaken that got upgraded to deathknight status
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

Deleted
    You are all dumb, for real. You can do 2 minutes of research and spare everyone from this even-dumber speculations:
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=12750/a...prise#comments
    Undead DKs was undeads from Lordaeron, then they received free will and was slew again by the Scouge and raised again as a DK.
    And DK ressurection is different than mere zombie revival.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Maybe it is a story reason that they (Pandaria) was discovered after Arthas died and only he can raise new DKs? Would that still make it "fucking stupid" or do you just like to rage about things that you dislike.

They allowed UD to be hunters, so maybe one day it is all out "any race can be any class" which will call the opposite side to this change to the plan and call it "fucking stupid"
    What is wrong with Undead hunters??

Its not really hard to get. If you died as a forsaken and get ressurected again you don't just turn back into a human, you'd still be a forsaken. Your bones are all crackled up, your skin is decayed, your eyes are glowing, being ressurected again won't just fix these things.

I've always found forsaken DK's rather silly lorewise, but gameplay is more important. The life of an undead DK:

1. Hooray I'm a human of Lordaeron!
    2. Oops I died, now I'm a forsaken serving the Scourge.
    3. The Lich king lost control over me! All hail the Dark Lady!
    4. Uh-oh I died..... again......... and I serve the Lich King again? What?
    5. Yay I'm free again!!!! And... serving the Dark lady again!

Deleted
    Aren't undead (forsaken) technically a mix of humans and high elves?

Deleted
    Sylvanas gets raised time and time again. Why wouldn't that apply to regular forsaken?

DK actually technically aren't fully undead, they are in a life and death limbo.