Leg ring proc going to force hunters to use a 20 yard range?

Since the leg ring explodes, dealing damage to all enemies within 20 yards, will hunters be forced to always stay within 20 yards from the boss? (or at least track the proc so that they are 20 yards away during the explosion?)

This seems like it could be a bit much considering all the other things going on during an encounter in terms of maintaining the right positioning.
    Last edited by Halbrium; 2015-04-17 at 02:17 PM.

It's a lost cause to even talk about the ring anymore, there's so much wrong with its design.

Deleted
    No, with the current design, only the raidleader activating the ring has to be within the range of the targets to damage.

The explosion comes from the person who use the ring not from every, in hunter case, agi user but you still get credited for the damage you contributed to the explosion. The tooltip states otherwise but that's how it actually works as has been explained by the developers already.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Res03 View Post
    It's a lost cause to even talk about the ring anymore, there's so much wrong with its design.
    Why? What's wrong with the design? It's like a mini heroism, your raid leader (or anyone that is better at it) tells when the ring will be cast, preferably at a % or specific ability and, as a good raider, you align your cooldowns with it.

Yes, it'll probably be wasted in LFR and possible normal, but it's not like you need to min-max there to down a boss. I'd even go as far as to say that for heroic, it doesn't matter that much either. It's mythic where min-max is required and where you need to align it properly with your cooldowns for maximized damage.

I know, it's scary, it's called social interaction and communication. If the raid leader fails or a raider uses it "by accident", he/she is simply not good enough for that position or he/she simply doesn't know what to do or how to gain the most benefit out of it for all.
    Much love to Indicate for creating. Eis' work

Quote Originally Posted by Isheria View Post
    The explosion comes from the person who use the ring not from every, in hunter case, agi user but you still get credited for the damage you contributed to the explosion. The tooltip states otherwise but that's how it actually works as has been explained by the developers already.
    Ah ok, thanks for that explanation. The tooltip I guess is just misleading right now.

Even if it was that way, it shouldn't be something so major as to cause you to lose DPS since hunter is the most mobile class in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    Even if it was that way, it shouldn't be something so major as to cause you to lose DPS since hunter is the most mobile class in the game.
    In a tank and spank you would be totally right, say you were on one of our "hunter jobs"...could've gotten tricky.

Quote Originally Posted by Schadow View Post
    Why? What's wrong with the design? It's like a mini heroism, your raid leader (or anyone that is better at it) tells when the ring will be cast, preferably at a % or specific ability and, as a good raider, you align your cooldowns with it.

Yes, it'll probably be wasted in LFR and possible normal, but it's not like you need to min-max there to down a boss. I'd even go as far as to say that for heroic, it doesn't matter that much either. It's mythic where min-max is required and where you need to align it properly with your cooldowns for maximized damage.

I know, it's scary, it's called social interaction and communication. If the raid leader fails or a raider uses it "by accident", he/she is simply not good enough for that position or he/she simply doesn't know what to do or how to gain the most benefit out of it for all.
    The first use of it will be plenty easy to align with cooldowns, but subsequent uses of it are going to be much harder. Are we going to have to not cast BW for 30 seconds because we want it to be times properly with the ring? Same with Focus Fire. MM and SV will have an easier time at it, I just see BM having issues.

The one who uses the ring will explode, so it's best to let a Melee use the ring. There is no extra benefit for the one who activates the ring proc, so it's just best to have a designated person always use it and make sure he knows where to be(eg. if raid leader decides to use the explosion to kill off an add instantly).

Quote Originally Posted by Holywraths View Post
    It would be, if we were to play MM with the Archimonde trinket.

The legendary cloak had a hunter-specific proc, that made the damage proc work around the hunter's target, while the melee version was aoe centered around the user. I have a hunch blizz will change it to this. Otherwise good luck doing it with the current marksman trinket design :P