10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    Easy to miss but you see them using a pro during the splat own part. So I across use single pad for local multi-player it's just an out of the box option

- - - Updated - - -

It does? Are you sure it works on the psp
    Yeah I rewatched it to make sure and I did miss that part. My concern is still there if I want to take it somewhere and my friends don't have a pro controller. I'll probably only have two anyway so my wife and I can play together.

What a shitty boring name. Apart from that, I'm interested. I wonder if it'll get any Animal Crossing games on it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I want to know what people who hate the name would have named it without it being super confusing like the Wii U.

The name makes sense to me when I think about what it is and what it does.

I'm not sure this is something I want? Why would I want to play skyrim on a handheld for instance.

Did anybody ask for this ?
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    What a shitty boring name. Apart from that, I'm interested. I wonder if it'll get any Animal Crossing games on it.
    Anything is more fitting than slapping a random number behind it and calling it "Nintendo Entertainment System 52" for example

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    I'm not sure this is something I want? Why would I want to play skyrim on a handheld for instance.

I think the Skyrim thing is just their way of saying "HEY LOOK GUYS, MAJOR THIRD PARTY SUPPORT!" Thing is though, Skyrim is already 5 years old and people will have been playing the remaster on console with mods for 5 months by the time it comes out on the Switch. I'm sure it'll still shift some units for Nintendo though. I'm actually more interested if they're going to continue with some DS games on the Switch, things like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy to miss but you see them using a pro during the splat own part. So I across use single pad for local multi-player it's just an out of the box option

- - - Updated - - -

It does? Are you sure it works on the psp
    I dunno, possibly only ps3 I don't own a ps4 to try it.

Just because no one has specifically asked for it, doesn't mean it's a bad idea.

Deleted
    This will tank so hard, why nintendo, why

Its too big to be a handheld console, its too cheesy to be a home console.

I really fear for Nintendo this time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Apparently somewhere whipping Portuguese prisoners
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post

How in the blazes is it "too cheesy" to be a home console? It connects to your TV and has a controller.

Well i thought the Wii with it's Wiimote was cheesy and gimmicky and that thing outsold both, the PS3 and Xbox360 combined. So who knows, maybe they hit it out of the park again.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkAmbient View Post
    I think the Skyrim thing is just their way of saying "HEY LOOK GUYS, MAJOR THIRD PARTY SUPPORT!" Thing is though, Skyrim is already 5 years old and people will have been playing the remaster on console with mods for 5 months by the time it comes out on the Switch. I'm sure it'll still shift some units for Nintendo though. I'm actually more interested if they're going to continue with some DS games on the Switch, things like Animal Crossing, Harvest Moon etc.
    But most people aren't playing it at 1080p on a mobile device. I think that is the biggest advantage assuming it has true mobile capability.

The only thing I worry about is the fact that it is running on a Tegra processor. It either needs to be faster than the K1 which is unlikely, or similar in speed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    looks amazing, nintendo has made another gimicky console that looks amazing, and i hope it sells well

wii with movement
    wii u with touch screen and second screen on a console
    ds with 2 screen+ touch screen
    3ds with 3d

all of these are very gimmicky, and its fine ,but i hope it sells well
    IMO to be a true innovation over a gimmick is to not hinder, but instead improve game play.

Motion controls were a hindrance to design. The touch screen was a hindrance to gameplay. the DS gave a second screen to make things a bit easier and allowed for new game play options that did not impact play after initial bad launch titles (Prime hunters as an example), the 3D is mostly optional, no real impact.

Here we have a legitimate high powered portable console. Time will tell if that becomes a hindrance.

- - - Updated - - -

"I didnt ask for this"

But I kinda want portable Skyrim.

I don't see how it's too big, it's about the size of tablets. I honestly think that the era of fit in your pocket handhelds is over, however I think the market for portable gaming a lot more powerful than your smartphone is a market untouched with the big guys and with the advent of driverless cars may become even more desired.
    X

10+ Year Old Account
    How many people own a vita tho?
    Here, and it's glorious. Oddly bought more Vita games AND played them than PS4 and PC games lately.

The remote play is extremely useful when I was in Taiwan for 3 weeks. I was playing PSO2 via remote play, yes there's a delay just cause of distance but it was pretty damn nice to have. Yes there's a PSO2 client on the Vita too but the controls and stuff were limiting.
    Last edited by Remilia; 2016-10-20 at 07:17 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoncrash View Post
    So are the games gonna be on SD cards or will they be using the rumored cartridge system.

Also props to them on finally getting the name right. Switch is way better than WiiU and Wii.
    I shall be calling it the Nintoaster cause thats kinda what the base unit looks like.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Looks like they're trying to merge the Gameboy with the Wii U.

Interesting, but I'll pass.

One thing I've noticed is the L and R buttons are rounded. Could they scroll?

Quote Originally Posted by Vomlix View Post
    Nah, they said that a WiiU Zelda game was coming, and they pushed it back to the NX. Not cool.
    Its coming to the Wii-U as well.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Looks like Wii U all over again. Features look good on paper, but will ultimately not be used because 3rd parties dont want to go the extra mile. Target audience are people that like to play on smartphone? I am not interested in the slightest.