The GBA did not get a Pokemon game until 2 years after it's release.
    The DS did not get a Pokemon game until 2 years after it's release.
    the 3DS did not get a Pokemon game until 2 years after it's release.

People really expected/still expect a Pokemon game in the Switch's first year? I remember the BW2 meltdown when it wasn't on the 3DS. Sometimes people never learn from history.

The Pokemon Company likes selling games to already established install bases, not trying to establish the install base with their games. It's not about "what Nintendo wants" as they only own 1/3rd of TPC and the Nintendo execs are not the ones calling the shots there either. Completely different execs to be exact.

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/MHXX_CAPCOM/stat...10588331999232

Monster Hunter XX coming to the Switch.
    Awesome, Can't wait to play it......Next year

Hope they value framerate over graphics on the Switch.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    -snip-
    Lets see how the rest of the year turns out.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Got sick of calling around to stores for availability and just ordered the Mario Kart bundle online at Gamestop. Excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Lets see how the rest of the year turns out.
    Not to discredit the Switch's great start but that graph is definitely not genuine in it's wording. Those where the 1.4 month sales on the Wii vs 2 month sales of the Switch. The Wii launched on November 19th, and the Switch on March 3rd.

Nintendo also couldn't meet the demand on either one so we really don't know the sales potential of ether in it's launch window tbh.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-26 at 03:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not to discredit the Switch's great start but that graph is definitely not genuine in it's wording. Those where the 1.4 month sales on the Wii vs 2 month sales of the Switch. The Wii launched on November 19th, and the Switch on March 3rd.

Nintendo also couldn't meet the demand on either one so we really don't know the sales potential of ether in it's launch window tbh.
    True...

Also It is starting to seem like the FIFA on The Switch is not the same as Fifa 18 (running Frostbite).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...intendo-switch
    Ever since EA announced FIFA for the Switch, there have been questions surrounding exactly what kind of game owners of Nintendo's new console can expect.

EA's Patrick Söderlund announced the title during Nintendo's 12th January Switch presentation, saying: "EA Sports' FIFA on Nintendo Switch will be the most immersive, social, and authentic sports game ever created for Nintendo players."

He added: "It will deliver the FIFA experience custom-built for Nintendo Switch so you can play anywhere, play with anyone, and play how you want to play."

Söderlund's comments suggested FIFA on Switch wouldn't be the same game as FIFA 18, which is due out on PC, PS4 and Xbox One later this year. But former EA executive Peter Moore (now of Liverpool FC), made a point of referencing the game as FIFA 18 in response to concerns it would not be the same FIFA game released on other consoles.
    The concern is whether this custom-built version for Switch is based on the Frostbite-built game, or the edition built on EA's older Ignite engine, the one behind the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions.
    Now, in a press release designed to hype up EA's EA Play 2017 event at E3 next month, the mega publisher noted two separate FIFA games: FIFA 18 and EA SPORTS FIFA on the Nintendo Switch, to give the latter its full title.

EA's press release suggests FIFA on Switch is indeed different enough for it not to carry the FIFA 18 title. But what, exactly, are the differences? EA has yet to say. With both games set to appear at E3 next month, we don't have long to find out.
    I personally would not be surprised if its a custom made version not running frostbite. Also if by chance its not running frostbite and its using there older engine. You can safe rule out any big EA titles coming to The Switch that do run it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daws001 View Post
    Got sick of calling around to stores for availability and just ordered the Mario Kart bundle online at Gamestop. Excited!
    Hope u enjoy it, I love my Switch even tho its lacking games.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Ignite isn't even in the 360/PS3 versions. Ignite was their "next gen" engine for all their sports games at the launch of the PS4/XB1 before they started moving all game development onto frostbite.

It's either the 360/PS3 version, or it will be FIFA 15 XB1/PS4 port(which ran on ignite) with updated rosters.

Expecting frostbite on the Switch is a pipe dream, hell even expecting the older next gen ignite engine might be a pipe dream. EA is contractually obligated to make at least 1 FIFA game per gaming platform, which is why you saw crap like Vita versions of it. This is pretty much a throw away because they have to they don't give a crap about this version of the game and are probably putting the minimal amount of resources into it.

I'm pretty sure they're not calling it FIFA 18 because they know it's going to get butt blasted in review scores and they don't want it effecting the meta/open critic score of 18.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-26 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I'm pretty sure they're not calling it FIFA 18 because they know it's going to get butt blasted in review scores and they don't want it effecting the meta/open critic score of 18.
    I was thinking that as well and that both games will look so much different.

They want to keep the Switch version as far away from there main version as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    https://twitter.com/MHXX_CAPCOM/stat...10588331999232

Monster Hunter XX coming to the Switch.
    Well thats about right for my expectation of nintendo wanting one more year out of the 3ds with its current gbmicro tier late lifespan hardware release. Moment monhun goes switch the 3ds in its home market is dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Well thats about right for my expectation of nintendo wanting one more year out of the 3ds with its current gbmicro tier late lifespan hardware release. Moment monhun goes switch the 3ds in its home market is dead.
    As much as I love Monster Hunter, you're over estimating its influence. The only game that truly signifies the death of the 3DS is Pokemon. Once that comes to Switch the 3DS is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    As much as I love Monster Hunter, you're over estimating its influence. The only game that truly signifies the death of the 3DS is Pokemon. Once that comes to Switch the 3DS is dead.
    And it'll be year or two before that happens. Gen 7 just came out last autumn.

Nintendo also started huge banwave on CFWs, so they're not giving up on the system yet.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-05-26 at 03:19 PM.

Hasn't all sports games from EA on nintendo platforms been custom made? I don't recall the wii or wii u getting the same version as playstation/xbox

In other words EA being EA and not bothering with titles people actually want
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Hasn't all sports games from EA on nintendo platforms been custom made? I don't recall the wii or wii u getting the same version as playstation/xbox

Except that, despite how lazy a lot of the annual sports installments are, people very clearly do want more of them because they continue to sell well every year.

So i guess the ARMS global test punch stuff starts up tonight?

What are the odds it becomes another Overwatch tier waifu wars where 80% of the players stick to Min Min, Ribbon Girl and Twintelle?

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Except that, despite how lazy a lot of the annual sports installments are, people very clearly do want more of them because they continue to sell well every year.
    what I'm saying is, they make a custom - not as good- sports game for nintendo consoles instead of what they yearly do. They don't take nintendo or the switch seriously and I don't think they ever will.

what I'm saying is, they make a custom - not as good- sports game for nintendo consoles instead of what they yearly do. They don't take nintendo or the switch seriously and I don't think they ever will.
    ...what? They have to custom make it usually because Nintendo hardware can't run the game that they release on other consoles. It has to be dramatically scaled down to run on the weaker hardware.

What on earth are you complaining about? Is it just another excuse to complain about EA because you don't like EA or something?

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Let's cool your hot hands, even the Wii U got a MH game in it's launch window. Especially when the 3DS is probably still going to get 1 more exclusive Pokemon release and Nintendo is releasing a new model. It definitely has a small amount of life left in it, much like the DS did when the 3DS launched.

- - - Updated - - -

Madden 13 and FIFA 13 both had parity with the 360/PS3 versions when they launched on Wii U.(which was a year before the XB1 and PS4 existed).
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-26 at 06:39 PM.

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/sw...source=twitter

Switch's Monster Hunter XX Reveal Boosts Nintendo's Rising Stock To 8-Year High
    Investors sure are excited about Monster Hunter on Switch.
    f you needed further proof of Monster Hunter's immense influence in Japan, the mere announcement that the series is coming to Nintendo Switch caused Nintendo to experience another jump in market value (via CNBC).

Following the news that Capcom would be bringing Monster Hunter XX to Switch, Nintendo's share price rose 5.48% to ¥33,510 ($301.27). Nintendo's stock had already been trending upward; earlier in the week, the company hit a seven-year high thanks in part to strong demand for Switch. This latest jump has now put the company's market value at its highest point since October 2008.

No Caption Provided
    Monster Hunter XX is an expanded version of Monster Hunter Generations, featuring a host of additional monsters, weapon sets, quests, and other content. Monster Hunter XX released for 3DS back in March, but it has so far remained exclusive to Japan. Capcom hasn't announced whether it will be localizing the title for either console, but the publisher has released other recent installments like Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate and the aforementioned Generations here in the West. Capcom is also bringing the 3DS role-playing off-shoot Monster Hunter Stories to the US later this year.

It's also unclear if 3DS players will be able to transfer their Monster Hunter XX save data over to the new Switch version, though it wouldn't be the first time Capcom offered that luxury to fans; players could freely transfer their saves between the 3DS and Wii U versions of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate using a special app available on the eShop.

Capcom will be revealing more details on the Switch version of Monster Hunter XX during the Monster Hunter Championship event on May 27.
    I'm not even a big MH fan (Just haven't gotten into it yet) and ill be buying it.

been playing arms for almost 30 minutes and I have to say, it's garbage. First half the people I play against got disconnected proving again that nintendo is going to get away with a shitty online service but this time we have to pay for it. Second the controls are really bad, If you are using the thumbs up position you want to know how to switch targets in a group battle? You have to use your middle finger to press on the d pad. This is AWFUL it feels horrible and my middle finger isn't close to the button, you only push 2 fucking buttons in this position so WHY is the change target button there it's not easy to get to in this position. Moving in general is also awful and the motion controls are very trigger happy. Like the slightest jerk will register as a punch so when I go to punch it sometimes grabs thinking I grabbed when I didn't. Lastly the gameplay is just shallow, it's not going to have that longevity stick to it.

Not worth $60 imo, this is like a 20$ game 30$ tops.

Dashing with motion controls doesn't really work out, to dash in a direction you want you have to tilt both controllers in the direction then dash, it's just awkward to try to dash then punch without hooking your punch in the wrong direction.
    Last edited by zito; 2017-05-27 at 12:30 AM.