10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/05/...irmed-key-art/

[COLOR="#417394"][SIZE=1]- - - Updated - - -[/SIZOR]

Put in the right image.
    Man, the new Metroid game looks weird...

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/05/28...nintendo-fans/

Natsume will have info at E3 which will please Nintendo fans.
    Nobody cares about Natsume and their shovel ware.

For anyone not aware avoid anything with their name on it, they had a falling out with the original Harvest Moon devs and since they own the name now try to get people with shovel ware using that name.

Story of Seasons is the real Harvest Moon that you know of.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post

For anyone not aware avoid anything with their name on it, they had a falling out with the original Harvest Moon devs and since they own the name now try to get people with shovel ware using that name.

Yeah, I read about that. I'm vaguely interested, but will wait for reviews. Ill also have stardew valley too so might not need a Harvest moon.

Can confirm. The newest Story of Seasons is way better than the last several Harvest Moons.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    Can confirm. The newest Story of Seasons is way better than the last several Harvest Moons.
    no, story of seasons is LITERALLY harvest moon, they just cant legally call it harvest moon in america
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    no, story of seasons is LITERALLY harvest moon, they just cant legally call it harvest moon in america
    I wonder if one is coming to Switch at some point.

Are modern Harvest Moons bad or just not great?

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

the new harvest moons in the west arent harvest moon theyre just generic farming games with the name harvest moon used because they own the name in the west
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post

Harvest Moon is a dead franchise, just shovelware produced by Natsume who owns that name.

Story of Seasons is great as is Rune Factory(spinoff of the franchise that is part rpg with combat). Pretty sure a Story of Seasons game was already announced for the Switch. Edit: yes it was https://mynintendonews.com/2017/01/1...ntendo-switch/

At london comicon over the weekend and the harvest moon there, along with a 'my first cow' ipad spin off was completely empty and you could hear the odd "oh no, i know it says it but thats not harvest moon anymore" comments as i was browsing the packed vita stall next door.

I realize that. Which is why it's better than the newer Harvet Moons. Because the newer Harvest Moons are made by a different team now and are shit compared to what they use to be. Story of Seasons is the game to play for all your farming needs on the 3DS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Im hoping Stardew valley comes out soon. Maybe July.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll confess to never playing harvest moon style games, I should probably give them a go

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.famitsu.com/news/201705/30134077.html

Info on Fire Emblem Warriors, including OCs, Marth, hints at Chrom.

- - - Updated - - -

https://www.wsj.com/articles/nintend...ses-1496136603

Nintendo battles Apple for parts as Switch demand rises.

Nintendo has told suppliers and assemblers it hopes to make nearly 20 million units of the Switch device in the year ending March 2018, people involved in the discussions said. Though the company’s official sales target for the year is 10 million, strong demand suggests it can sell many more—if it can make them.

The problem is an industrywide capacity shortage for components used in smartphones, computer servers and other digital devices. These include the NAND flash-memory chips that store data, liquid-crystal displays and the tiny motors that enable the Switch’s hand-held controllers to imitate the feel of an ice cube shaking in a glass.

“Demand for our NAND flash memory has been overwhelmingly greater than supply, and the situation is likely to stay for the rest of this year,” said a spokeswoman at Toshiba Corp., the troubled industrial giant that is leaning on flash memory to survive. She cited demand from smartphone makers—Apple and Chinese companies are among Toshiba’s customers—and data centers.

People in the industry say the rapid expansion of web-based services for corporations has driven demand for computer servers that use flash memory. Continued demand for Apple’s iPhone 7 and a 10th anniversary model of the iPhone expected later this year are also keeping parts makers at full capacity, helping power Japan’s economy to its longest growth streak since 2006.

Nintendo and Apple representatives declined to comment on supply-chain issues.

Analysts say rivals for the sought-after parts can often offer better terms than Nintendo. Makers of data-center servers tend to use newer and higher-margin components, while smartphone makers issue larger orders than Nintendo.

If Nintendo increased spending significantly to secure more parts, that could risk driving the Switch’s production cost above the $299 retail price. President Tatsumi Kimishima, has said he doesn’t want to sell the Switch at a loss.

--snip--
    If Nintendo increased spending significantly to secure more parts, that could risk driving the Switch’s production cost above the $299 retail price. President Tatsumi Kimishima, has said he doesn’t want to sell the Switch at a loss.
    Well I guess Nintendo may have to learn that its better to sell a system at a loss (and make it up via game sells) then to not sell a system at all.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I'll confess to never playing harvest moon style games, I should probably give them a go
    I would very much recommend Stardew when it hits the Switch. Its as close to harvest moon as you can get without paying "3ds tax"

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well I guess Nintendo may have to learn that its better to sell a system at a loss (and make it up via game sells) then to not sell a system at all.
    It's not like they're hurting for attach ratios, Zelda is over 100% attach rate in the US and MK8 is probably getting near 70%.

The time to capitalize on momentum is now, but Nintendo won't. That's why I think the Switch fizzles out a bit in the end and only reaches 50-60 mil lifetime sales instead of the 70-80 they could easily reach if they take advantage of the momentum they currently have. Year 1 is kind of the load being blown with Zelda and Mario. The only major trump card they will have left is Pokemon, but even with Pokemon it took the 3DS 6 freaking years to pass 60 mil.

Sure they could release another Zelda and Mario on the Switch but as evidence with the Wii SMG2 and SS didn't sell anywhere near the amount of SMG and TP. Wii hype had already fizzled out, but Nintendo did capitalize on it enough in the early years to reach 100 mil.

The Switch is never going to be more buzz worthy then it currently is, Nintendo should be manufacturing them by the bucket loads and taking a minor loss if they need to. Their game sales are going to EASILY make up for it.(not to mention their highway robbery accessory prices)

3-4 years from now I'm not sure people are going to be talking about the Switch at all, especially with the PS5 being imminent at that point(if it isn't already out by that point which is easily possible as well) Kind of like how the 3DS does well in the last few years but it's not main stream. The Switch will continue to do okay but it's not ever going to be as main stream as it currently is.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-05-30 at 04:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I would very much recommend Stardew when it hits the Switch. Its as close to harvest moon as you can get without paying "3ds tax"
    I don't have a switch...yet. Maybe I'll get it on ps4 but I like the idea of portable.

Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    I don't have a switch...yet. Maybe I'll get it on ps4 but I like the idea of portable.
    Stardew Valley really sucks with a controller.

Switch version better make use of touch controls because it's a damn chore to try to play the PS4 version when the game was designed to be used by a mouse and they did NOTHING to change that, just straight ported it and made the right analogue control the mouse pointer.

10+ Year Old Account

Switch version better make use of touch controls because it's a damn chore to try to play the PS4 version when the game was designed to be used by a mouse and they did NOTHING to change that, just straight ported it and made the right analogue control the mouse pointer.
    Thanks, I had that issue with darkest dungeon, even though they tried to make it workable with a controller it was god awful. I shall withhold for now.

They could also go World of Goo and allow you to use a Joycon as a pointer. That game shows that the Switch can handle Wiimote-style pointing, so no reason for more games to not take advantage of it.
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.