It's both

Are we really going to start this again

- - - Updated - - -

It's both

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    It's both

Well, ran out of actual things to discuss, so gotta fall back to beating the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    There major market is EU and US and both region's its marketed as a home console you can take on the go.
    Their major markets are the US and Japan. EU is Nintendo's smallest market...

In fact, if we're talking handhelds Japan is Nintendo's LARGEST market. They made up well over 1/3rd of total 3DS sales.

Hell combined with how many Switches are being shipped to the US, Japan may surpass the US in Switch sales by the end of the year.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I'm just gonna wait for a boatload more games to come out before considering a Switch for now. I mean as I said all I got was BotW so I just ended up getting the Wii U version instead.
    Probably a good choice, my friend asked me if he should get one now (because he really enjoyed ARMS on someone elses Switch) and I said unless you are really interested in the three games out right now (not counting indies) then wait until Holiday season. Althought it will be even harder to find one during that time.

- - - Updated - - -

Those was HD remasters over to PS3 that was ported down to Vita. It quite supports my argument, once again you just don't like it.

By ur logic nothing ported to the Switch counts ether.

- - - Updated - - -

Never said it didn't have enough first Party games. When it comes to 3rd party releases yes hardware is a major deal.

Its not passing the Wii-U in its first year even if they kept it in stock, it would need to sell over 15 million unit's and that isn't happening. Its already getting outsold by the PS4 and likely XB1.

It lacking in stock is a core major issue, It being in stock doesn't mean it would outsell the PS4 and that's what it would need to do to pass the 15mil mark in its first year.

And this matters none. There major market is EU and US and both region's its marketed as a home console you can take on the go.
    It would still be outselling the ps4 in NA if it was in stock...no question... it is still selling far more than the PS4 in Japan on a weekly basis, and stock is still terrible over there... but here, it's worse, a lot of people I know wanted one, one finally got one after driving to 6 major retailers and they just had one in back that they thought they already sold. I know that is anecdotal, but that is what most people are going through and many can't find one at all,

There is no way the Switch would have lost May NPD if it was in stock. It would likely win most months in 2018 if stock kept up.

- - - Updated - - -

http://gematsu.com/2017/06/media-cre...es-61217-61817

ARMS sells 100k in first week in Japan (Friday-Sunday)
    Switch bump for ARMS launch was the usually 25k a week to 37k

https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/21/n...more/view-all/
    Nintendo of America says Metroid Prime 4 is 2018, same with Pokemon.
    No, I don't believe them.
    Last edited by ryanmahaffe; 2017-06-21 at 08:51 PM.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    https://venturebeat.com/2017/06/21/n...more/view-all/
    Nintendo of America says Metroid Prime 4 is 2018, same with Pokemon.
    No, I don't believe them.
    Metroid Prime I might hesitate to believe.

I see no reason Pokemon won't make 2018 though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Metroid Prime I might hesitate to believe.

I see no reason Pokemon won't make 2018 though.
    Yeah I was mainly referring to Metroid
    Diablo Bore.

It would still be outselling the ps4 in NA if it was in stock...no question... it is still selling far more than the PS4 in Japan on a weekly basis, and stock is still terrible over there...
    Because handhelds do better in Japan, Even the Vita sold at a decent rate for awhile.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Because handhelds do better in Japan, Even the Vita sold at a decent rate for awhile.
    So, if the Switch was a home console and was being restocked consistently, you think it would be being outsold by the PS4 just 3 months later?

I highly doubt that. America may not be nearly as big on handhelds as Japan, but the Switch is still out of stock almost everywhere. If it was in stock it would still be dominating the sales because it's still new.
    Diablo Bore.

So, if the Switch was a home console and was being restocked consistently, you think it would be being outsold by the PS4 just 3 months later?
    Yes because the PS4 is cheaper and has a huge backlog of games over what The Switch has now. The Ps4 is still on a roll and it isn't stopping anytime soon.

Now if u asked me would The Switch outsell the XB1, I would say most likely.

(The Switch is both a handheld and a home console).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

We don't know what the actual demand and sales potential of the Switch is because Nintendo is not supplying enough of them.

Also, even if the Switch did not have stock issues it likely gets out sold by the PS4 in June with a $250 price tag on a 1TB model and pretty much all the heavy hitters that came out this year on sale for $39.99.

As it is with the stock issues June is going to be a blood bath for Nintendo. PS4 may very well sell twice as many units as the Switch.

Also the PS4 sold 19 mil last year, Sony projects it to sell more this year. I'm sorry, but even with no stock issues the Switch was never going to sniff selling 20 mil in a year. So no, it wouldn't be surprising to see the PS4 out sell it even with no stock issues.

But this is all pointless, as much as this sounds like console war bologna it's just stating the obvious and that's NOT a knock on the Switch. The PS4 is just a monster.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2017-06-21 at 11:10 PM.

Yes because the PS4 is cheaper and has a huge backlog of games over what The Switch has now. The Ps4 is still on a roll and it isn't stopping anytime soon.

Now if u asked me would The Switch outsell the XB1, I would say most likely.

(The Switch is both a handheld and a home console).
    You knew what I meant, strictly a home console.

I don't deny the Ps4 will start outselling the Switch again, but so soon into it's lifetime? Nah, not if it was stocked properly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    We don't know what the actual demand and sales potential of the Switch is because Nintendo is not supplying enough of them.

Also, even if the Switch did not have stock issues it likely gets out sold by the PS4 in June with a $250 price tag on a 1TB model and pretty much all the heavy hitters that came out this year on sale for $39.99.

As it is with the stock issues June is going to be a blood bath for Nintendo. PS4 may very well sell twice as many units as the Switch.

Also the PS4 sold 19 mil last year, Sony projects it to sell more this year. I'm sorry, but even with no stock issues the Switch was never going to sniff selling 20 mil in a year. So no, it wouldn't be surprising to see the PS4 out sell it even with no stock issues.

But this is all pointless, as much as this sounds like console war bologna it's just stating the obvious and that's NOT a knock on the Switch.
    Were NPD reports for May even given, I know the top selling hardware was, but I couldn't find specific numbers.
    Again, the PS4 would have likely retaken the lead anyway but if there weren't stock issues I doubt it would have been this early. Maybe like September because Pokken is no system seller.
    Diablo Bore.

Were NPD reports for May even given, I know the top selling hardware was, but I couldn't find specific numbers.
    Are you new to NPD? All they give is rankings. If you want the numbers directly from them you need to pay them(and it's quite a hefty price, it's mainly for companies)

Still, if you read the neogaf thread they're usually pretty good at figuring out estimates based on the PR released.

You knew what I meant, strictly a home console.

I don't deny the Ps4 will start outselling the Switch again, but so soon into it's lifetime? Nah, not if it was stocked properly.
    You are wrong but welcome to think that. Once again the PS4 is still selling like hotcakes and even if it was stocked better the PS4 is still cheaper with a massive backlog of games and recent released games that have a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Are you new to NPD? All they give is rankings. If you want the numbers directly from them you need to pay them(and it's quite a hefty price, it's mainly for companies)

Still, if you read the neogaf thread they're usually pretty good at figuring out estimates based on the PR released.
    Yeah, I thought I read that it was NPD who gave out the 280,000 number for April, I just checked after making the post.

- - - Updated - - -

You are wrong but welcome to think that. Once again the PS4 is still selling like hotcakes and even if it was stocked better the PS4 is still cheaper with a massive backlog of games and recent released games that have a discount.
    I don't think I am "wrong" neither of us are right as we have no idea how much the Switch would be selling if it was stocked.
    Diablo Bore.

I don't think I am "wrong" neither of us are right as we have no idea how much the Switch would be selling if it was stocked.
    A $250 system (That comes with a game or two) that has a massive backlog of games and recent huge releases Vs a $300 system with Wii-U ports.

Nintendo shit sells well, They haven't outsold Playstation on anything in ages. Horizon Zero Dawn even outsold BOTW and BOTW was released on two platforms.

Horizon Zero Dawn even outsold BOTW and BOTW was released on two platforms.
    It's also got an install base of 60M+ PS4's vs. what like...20M combined Wii U + Switch? That's not the best comparison.

A $250 system (That comes with a game or two) that has a massive backlog of games and recent huge releases Vs a $300 system with Wii-U ports.

Nintendo shit sells well, They haven't outsold Playstation on anything in ages. Horizon Zero Dawn even outsold BOTW and BOTW was released on two platforms.
    Um, do we know the Breath of the Wild sales figures now?
    We knew that for the month of March, Breath of the Wild was at 2.6 million units on the Switch, and up to 3.84 million combined Wii U and Switch.
    The last report from Horizon was 3.4 million as of the end of April.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    It's also got an install base of 60M+ PS4's vs. what like...20M combined Wii U + Switch? That's not the best comparison.
    More like 15-16 milion as of April, maybe 17-18 million now.
    Diablo Bore.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    At the time it was only around 50 million systems sold and it was made by a company whos last game didn't do well (Killzone Shadow Fall)

It was also a brand new IP.

- - - Updated - - -

More like 15-16 milion as of April, maybe 17-18 million now.
    The Wii-U itself had over 16 million system's sold, So counting the Switch between the two system's that was nearly 20 million. Also once again HZD was a brand new IP.

Um, do we know the Breath of the Wild sales figures now?
    We knew that for the month of March, Breath of the Wild was at 2.6 million units on the Switch, and up to 3.84 million combined Wii U and Switch.
    The last report from Horizon was 3.4 million as of the end of April.
    Wasn't talking about in total, I was talking at the release and they released close to each other.

So once again Nintendo hasn't outsold Sony on anything in ages, So its highly unlikely that even if the switch was in stock it would outsell the Ps4.

At the time it was only around 50 million systems sold and it was made by a company whos last game didn't do well (Killzone Shadow Fall)

It was also a brand new IP.

- - - Updated - - -

The Wii-U itself had over 16 million system's sold, So counting the Switch between the two system's that was nearly 20 million. Also once again HZD was a brand new IP.

Wasn't talking about in total right, I was talking at the release and they released close to each other.

So once again Nintendo hasn't outsold Sony on anything in ages, So its highly unlikely that even if the switch was in stock it would outsell the Ps4.
    Wasn't the latest Wii U sales figure reported 13.5 million?

https://www.vg247.com/2017/02/01/the...lling-console/
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wii_U#Sales
    http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

HZD is a new IP, and it sold incredibly well, but it didn't sell more than Zelda as far as we know, which is what you said.

If and when I get a PS4 (maybe end of summer, who knows) HZD will likely be one of the first games I get because I am more open minded now and it does look like a pretty decent game.
    Diablo Bore.

HZD is a new IP, and it sold incredibly well, but it didn't sell more than Zelda as far as we know, which is what you said.
    https://nowloading.co/p/horizon-zero...g-week/4220612
    In the first week in March, PlayStation 4 exclusive open world title Horizon Zero Dawn outsold the heavily anticipated Switch launch title The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild—at least in the United Kingdom.
    Edit: Based on VGcharts(So not 100%).

(Zelda 2.76mil)http://www.vgchartz.com/game/118753/...h-of-the-wild/
    (Horzion Zero Dawn 2.84mil) http://www.vgchartz.com/game/85674/horizon-zero-dawn/
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-06-22 at 12:41 AM.