Alright everyone, let's keep discussion on Switch and Switch related topics, please. I know this thread drifts around quite frequently given that it covers a pretty broad topic, but topics are topics. Plenty of other threads to use/create to discuss other platforms if folks are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Alright everyone, let's keep discussion on Switch and Switch related topics, please. I know this thread drifts around quite frequently given that it covers a pretty broad topic, but topics are topics. Plenty of other threads to use/create to discuss other platforms if folks are interested.
    Will do going to edit out my last post.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    One question that just crossed my mind is...

Are we really going to a full year with The Switch being on the market and not hear anything about VC? Its safe to say we won't hear anything about it until the SNES Classic is out in the wild for a bit.

I think its a dam shame if a year rolls by and we get no VC info.
    Switch Online comes with the access to NES games.

They could be aiming to turn VC into a subscription service tied to Switch Online? Atleast that would be some value to the service. Potentionally great value depending on the games there.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-07-28 at 04:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post

They could be aiming to turn VC into a subscription service tied to Switch Online? Atleast that would be some value to the service. Potentionally great value dependign on the games there.
    Not worth shit until they get off their ass and offer a GC VC.

I really don't care to own NES/SNES/N64 games for a 2nd or even 3rd time but would actually care about GC games touched up like PS2 classics on PS4.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanmahaffe View Post
    Well honestly the only issue I see that I agree with is the lackluster online options or services.
    I don't see lack of power as a negative, it's a handheld, it doesn't matter what Nintendo marketed it as, in terms of size, it's a handheld.
    Lack of games I also don't get, maybe if all you want are big AAA 3rd party games releasing every month.
    Lack of themes is something rarely brought up but it is something I would like more of

I consider awful voice chat a part of the whole lackluster online thing.
    My two cents on the issues are

-lack of stock
    -the phone app being forced for chat

Those are really the biggest. It's just really tiring to hope that maybe John posted some big news I missed, and enter the thread to see another 20 pages of just those two topics repeated.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Not worth shit until they get off their ass and offer a GC VC.

I really don't care to own NES/SNES/N64 games for a 2nd or even 3rd time but would actually care about GC games touched up like PS2 classics on PS4.
    Or actually give the VC proper support, not a random snes golf game again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Or actually give the VC proper support, not a random snes golf game again.
    Who's excited for balloon fight again...
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mochi_wsj...19984301449216

Capcom: Ultimate Street Fighter II did 450k, beat expectations, "starting to prepare" multiple Switch version titles.

I don't see why Oceanhorn got slammed by a few people like it did. Just started playing it on my vita today and IMO its a decent Zelda lite game.

It was only $12 on PSN not sure how much it is on Switch. But if its cheap so far I recommend it.
    After Breath of the Wild, people are expecting another Breath of the Wild from Zelda type game?

Oceanhorn is 15 € on EU eShop, so about same price.
    Last edited by Lahis; 2017-07-28 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    Seems the Switch is going to become more interesting as it seemed at start.

10+ Year Old Account
    So

The Switch voice chat is bad?

more news at 11

After Breath of the Wild, people are expecting another Breath of the Wild from Zelda type game?

Oceanhorn is 15 € on EU eShop, so about same price.
    No clue, I just know I seen some people slam it. For the price its at so far I think its a decent game. I also grabbed the limited edition physical release this morning.

Going to play more in a bit.

Who's excited for balloon fight again...
    So hyped to pop those balloons.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    So

The Switch voice chat is bad?

more news at 11
    You're tearing me apart Lisa

Balloon Fight HD. The same great Ballon fight now with HD...Sprites!

Quote Originally Posted by johnhoftb View Post
    Balloon Fight HD. The same great Ballon fight now with HD...Sprites!
    The actual resolution of the sprites won't change. They will now be just presented in crisp, true, pixel perfect 1080p resolution.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Split joycons IMO is the most accurate way to play Splatoon 2 as I mentioned in a post before. It's really damn good, just wish the things where a tiny bit bigger as the hands do get cramped gripping them after awhile.
    i tried this last night and while i liked it and will be using it there are some quirks ive noticed.

for me, its harder for me to tell where i want to reset the camera, im sure ill get used to that eventually but i hold my hands differently with split joycons so im not used to that yet

and also, sometimes the gyro lets me aim side to side and up and down and sometimes it will stop and make me use the sticks and because of that i will occasionally totally fuck up in a fight because ill go from using one way of aiming to two and when you're in a fight thats not good. and when i do use the sticks im not quite used to aiming with my hand and trying to maneuver the stick yet so its going to take some adjustments

but besides that its better for every non roller/brush weapon ive tried so far.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

They could be aiming to turn VC into a subscription service tied to Switch Online? Atleast that would be some value to the service. Potentionally great value depending on the games there.
    No that would be terrible
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't mind VC being subscription based if everything stays around that $20/year for online play model.

Disclaimer: I'm a random schmuck that's never spent money on the VC to get a library of classic titles going.

Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    No that would be terrible
    how is 20$ a year for all vc titles terrible? unless you literally only want 1 game.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    how is 20$ a year for all vc titles terrible? unless you literally only want 1 game.
    I was under the impression that buying vc would be behind the service
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    I was under the impression that buying vc would be behind the service
    Oh my! That wouild be horrible.

I was under the assumption that you would subscribe to the service to get access to all available titles *instead* of buying individual ones.