45 7.50%
  • 6.5 - 7

29 4.83%
  • <6.5m

69 11.50%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    My feeling is it wont have moved, but Blizzard will not differentiate between wow token subs and paid subs.
    There's no reason not to save for the fact that the income is higher. They're otherwise no different from people buying time cards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    So much stupid, packed into so few words. I'm impressed.
    Indeed, you somehow failed to understand a satirical post.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    WoW token will have no effect on Q1 numbers, since it only came out after the quarter was over.
    Don't forget RAF.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Deleted
    they're definitely feeling the pinch, wow tokens, cashing in as much as they can, and censoring posts with competing MMO's names on the official forums.

They will count all those tokens they sold as suscription numbers and therefore you will get a total coverup of what's going on in the game. Only the activity levels posted the other days reflect the real situation in WoW.

10+ Year Old Account
    9.4 million is my guess but i'm bad at guessing.

Legitimizing gold selling probably propped up their revenue nicely, but I agree with those who've pointed out that the number of people they've retained by allowing the purchase of game time for gold, will be relatively small. It likely had little net effect on active accounts. Activity is still way down.

I'd guess 9.3 million. Probably no lower than 9.

Quote Originally Posted by Saucerian View Post
    Legitimizing gold selling probably propped up their revenue nicely,
    If only someone had observed in this thread already that token sales didn't start until after the end of Q1.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by ESPG-1 View Post
    they're definitely feeling the pinch, wow tokens, cashing in as much as they can, and censoring posts with competing MMO's names on the official forums.
    They have also been taking down vanilla wow Twitch streams... pathetic. They must be desperate going after streams with 50 viewers LOL.

I would not be surprised if subs dropped to 7 million. I think the following quarter will be the real drop though.

Deleted
    Just as important as subscriber count, is the time people spend actually in game.

It can forecast a trend for the months ahead and predict how likely people will renew their sub or add another game time card. I fear that's going to go steeply downhill over the summer, even with the wow token we may see it go below pandarian levels.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Down by 1.2 million, to 8.8 M.

My confidence in this guess is low.
    Why's that?

I'm thinking 8 million high, 6.5 low.

Quote Originally Posted by ablib View Post
    inb4 someone says the WoW token will skew things...the token was released AFTER the quarter ended on March 31st.

As to the topic of the thread, I have no earthly idea. It's definitely a loss, so it won't be above 10 million.
    The fact that it could potentially have an impact is a worthy discussion if people could be sensible about it, but this is the wow community.
    That won't happen.
    Time will tell for future results though, but I do wonder just how open blizzard are wiling to be regarding the numbers there.
    Numbers alone from the view of an outsider may not be that helpful as there will be some players who switched some cash sub payments if not all of them to gold.
    Though the timing of the next may at least be when they have had time to stabilise.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Totally guessed. We'll see.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by baddog66 View Post
    I thought the quarter ended before tokens went live.
    It did, but people don't like facts around here. Senseless conspiracy theories and made up nonsense is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Conscious View Post
    Why's that?

I'm thinking 8 million high, 6.5 low.
    Two things: the release in 2014 was a bit later than the Cataclysm release was in 2010, so there's a bit more of the "new car smell" remaining in Q1 this time. Also, I'm trying to scale the decline in subs by looking at WCR and comparing the activity decline now to what we saw in Cataclysm.

It could be higher though, since China wasn't on Cata yet in Q1 2011.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Well, I would have expected it to be back down to pre-release values but I didn't expect the huge nostalgia bump lasting for two quarters either so who knows.

Well this looks like a dick size poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    They will count all those tokens they sold as suscription numbers and therefore you will get a total coverup of what's going on in the game. Only the activity levels posted the other days reflect the real situation in WoW.
    Doubtful. They're likely just going to count active accounts (including those active with tokens). It would be nice (from an objectively curious perspective) if Blizz would break down subs further, but they'll doubtless only release the absolutely minimum information they're legally required to.
    "In today’s America, conservatives who actually want to conserve are as rare as liberals who actually want to liberate. The once-significant language of an earlier era has had the meaning sucked right out of it, the better to serve as camouflage for a kleptocratic feeding frenzy in which both establishment parties participate with equal abandon" (Taking a break from the criminal, incompetent liars at the NSA, to bring you the above political observation, from The Archdruid Report.)

what numbers do you mean ? the real ones or the calculated and scaled ones or the polished (i.e. wow token) ones ?

my assumption: ~7.5mio polished (thats what you see in the quarter report), 3.0.-3.8 the real ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Niwes View Post
    what numbers do you mean ? the real ones or the calculated and scaled ones or the polished (i.e. wow token) ones ?

my assumption: ~7.5mio polished (thats what you see in the quarter report), 3.0.-3.8 the real ones.
    Now where the fuck did you come from with whose 3kk subs?