Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why when rl called wipe and tell ppls...

...to die fast, ppls refuse to die and still fight?Is that something what is in human nature to refuse die, or something else?...xD

cheers

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe because they can.. Or because they THINK they can kill it?

I really have no idea, because most of the time when my RL calls it out, people die in the next 10 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by Darchi View Post
    ...to die fast, ppls refuse to die and still fight?Is that something what is in human nature to refuse die, or something else?...xD

cheers
    Because some people like to see how long they can survive.
    Others like to kill people who are trying to avoid the repair bill.
    And some are just stupid.
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

I don't because I'm a scumbag piece of shit SPriest and if I can properly drop combat with Guise/Fade I get to keep my Orbs for the next pull.

60% of the time this works every time.

Because stupid people, while being able to die just fine to standing in obvious shit during an attempt, somehow have no idea how to find the giant pile of fire that would kill you instantly

10+ Year Old Account
    Because my guild is full of trolls.

7+ Year Old Account
    After a wipe people play the blame game,
    Uneducated people blame the lowest DPS
    If you're alive you can get a little higher on the DPS charts and get out of getting blamed.

At least that's the traditional thought process behind it. Especially in PuGs or from non social guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    I will only die to a boss swing because more then often you'll have some dimwit trying to read logs and say you died by a mechanic after the wipe was called. I only die to boss swings for that reason. For me it's uneducated people trying to read logs and blame people. "I have had that happen in the past"
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

Call wipe I "poof" and try to survive so I can mass rez.

Good news everyone !! The Rogue lived!!

For me it depends,

In lfr and normals, I've seen groups with 3/4 of the group alive, and the rl says wipe it, Bitch please its doable just takes 60 seconds longer.

In lfr, I've seen 1 tank 1 healer and a few dps alive, and the rl tries to call it, but they still down it

Some times, I see a time when its like no, its quicker to wipe and go again, but not often.

I try and live so I can FD and rez everyone. Someone always fucks it up though.

10+ Year Old Account
    In PuGs, its because, 9/10 times, the raid lead has no !@#$ing clue what they are talking bout. I ain't listening to no LFR mouth breather when I know for a fact that I can solo the last 20% of the boss.

In coordinated raids, its cuz certain members like to troll. Back when I was raiding heroic(mythic) SoO, I liked to use mah druid port and then hearth back all fast like.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

As a tank, I have this natural illness called "Raid dead? Who cares, trying solo!". But more seriously, if there's really zero chance of a kill, I'll wipe instantly if it's called out. But if there's yet a slim chance, I'll keep fighting till I'm dead. It's also good training for a tank when you're under extreme pressure suddenly and still have to survive.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    I will only die to a boss swing because more then often you'll have some dimwit trying to read logs and say you died by a mechanic after the wipe was called. I only die to boss swings for that reason. For me it's uneducated people trying to read logs and blame people. "I have had that happen in the past"
    You're the dimwit the OP is moaning about.

Quote Originally Posted by Abominable View Post
    That's why warcraftlogs has a "ignore events after X players are dead" option. Set it to 4-6 or whatever makes sense for the given fight and you don't have to figure out who died deliberately and who fucked up.

Deleted
    The only problem I had with wipe-calling was that I didn't want the 'Deaths to fire' count on the logs to ever be above 0. I'd always try to die to the boss' melee attacks, and sometimes that takes a while.

I get you can 'Ignore after x players are dead' or whatever, but that generally isn't set to 1 and in Mythic fights, it's not uncommon to have to call a wipe after one death.

I miss the Thunder Island dagger. So what if a couple of people came up with nonstandard uses for it, it was great to be able to die instantly when a wipe was called. Why does Blizzard hate fun? Now I have to deliberately turn my back on the boss and go stand in poop and it's wrong and I hate it.

Nobody wants to die on purpose, even in a game!

Because believe it or not sometimes in certain moments of fights there is no instant death, but waiting for the boss to make his rounds on the aggro chart. Just because I'm standing in fire, or waiting for the boss doesn't mean I'm going to stop performing my rotation. Its ingrained in me so I keep doing it even while in a puddle of fire or waiting for RP walking boss to come over and hit me. What is even more fun is when you are standing in it and don't die for 10 or 15 seconds and everyone bitches about people not dying fast enough. As someone usually 99% of the time alive when we call for wipes and people already dead complain about how long its taking for us to die I like to respond with you would not have to wait 15 to 20 seconds for me to die if...I don't know...your stupid ass did the mechanics right. So stop taking your failure frustration out on me.

Also; Make the fucking Isle of Thunder Dagger work on any level PC or introduce something similar and we wouldn't have to wait that OOOOOhhhh so long 15 to 30 seconds for the raid to die because others failed the mechanics.

Arbitrary meaningless numbers is the correct reason.

JoeBlow: 400,000 damage done
    Skul: 390,000 damage done

JoeBlow: 3 deaths to fire
    Skul: 4 deaths to fire

Out of context it is clear JoeBlow is the better player. With context JoeBlow could be living 30seconds after wipe is called while Skul dies instantly, and JoeBlow could have 3 deaths to fire on a non-wipe while 4 Skul deaths to fire are because that's what he chose to die to on wipe call.