Page 1 of 9
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

[Movie] Suicide Squad - First Look at The Joker

https://twitter.com/DavidAyerMovies/...123713/photo/1

What do you think? Jared Leto is my absolute favorite person on this planet so I'm a bit biased but I think it looks amazing. I know nothing about the Suicide Squad though or what kid of Joker they're aiming for so I can't really judge :P

With the all-star cast in general this could very well have great potential.

Thoughts?

I really like Jared Leto also. He's going to have to step it up to beat the last Joker though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know much about Suicide Squad either, but is there a reason why they don't want to use the fucking purple suit? Maybe it was my initial knee-jerk reaction but I instantly went, ''they better not leave him topless to show off the fucking tattoos''. The teeth caps make sense, batman must have beat the shit out of him. The hair is alright, maybe too light.

His factial expression however, is really damn good. Otherwise, put the damn suit on, and there better be some damn white clown makeup, unless I'm just ignorant and he isn't suppose to have it here? Wouldn't mind some insight from an expert. ;p

All I can say perfomance wise is ( we haven't seen shit obviously), good luck, you're gonna need it.
    Last edited by Shampro; 2015-04-25 at 01:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Little too try hard IMO. He looks more like a 15yo scremo who wants everyone to THINK he's the Joker, as opposed to the ACTUAL Joker... I mean a grill, laughter tattoos and "Damaged" on his forehead?

No thanks.

It's funny, when I heard Heath Ledger would be the Joker (sorry, you knew it was going to come up, might as well get it out of the way ) I, like most, thought "Urg... Really? That's NEVER going to work" but then I saw the first photo's and thought "Hell... He actually looks pretty great" then the movie came out and the rest is history. When I heard Jared Leto would be playing Joker in this film I thought "Awesome, if anyone can do it, it's Jared" but then I see the first pics and... Nah. Of course I'll cast my final vote when I see the film.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not bad.

8/10
    You cared enough to post.

I have a hard time picturing Joker sitting still long enough for tatts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Would look awesome without the tats. With them, he looks like Marilyn Manson had a baby with Justin Bieber.
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Deleted
    I love it! Now I can maybe get excited over the movie!

10+ Year Old Account
    That "damaged" forehead tattoo made me cringe.

Get rid of half those dumb fuck tattoos especially the forehead one and it wouldn't be bad

Lets be honest, the Joker wouldn't even get through one of those tats without going into a laughing fit or stabbing the tattoo artist.

Hes insane, not a rebel.

People put far too much stock in Heath Ledger. His portrayal was great and all, but the role is hardly sacred. Let it go.

That being said, the Joker ends up dead and skinned, but people often like to change the story around a bit, but if not, then expect to see some freaky stuff. I do hope they put an outfit on him instead of constantly going around like Michael Jackson with the whole one glove thing. I'll also reserve judgement on Jared's portrayal of the Joker until I actually see it. Each portrayal of the Joker has been from different versions of the Joker, with Heath's being from one of the more serious versions (Killing Joke). So comparing one portrayal of the Joker to another is a tad silly, imo.

Deleted
    Not Heath Ledger quality that is for sure.

Drop all the tattoos and put on the suit and its a winner other wise meh.
    WORLD POPULATION
    U.S pop 318.2 million,Mexico pop 122.3 million ,Russia 143.5 million S.K 50.22 million China 1.357 billion ,United Kingdom 64.1 million, Europe "as a whole" 742.5 million, Canada 35.16 million, South America 387.5 million,Africa 1.111 billion , Middle east 205 Million , Asia "not counting china" 3.009 B ,Greenland 56k,, Iceland 323k, S/N pole 1k-5k/2k

10+ Year Old Account
    What the fuck?

Completely ruined the character for me. He looks like one of Joker's goons or a wannabe instead of the real Joker. I'd be a bit more accepting if it wasn't for that "damaged" tattoo on his forehead. That's some 14 year old on tumblr shit.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

10+ Year Old Account
    No seriously, I am not going to judge his acting at all yet, I'm not an idiot. But why is his first portrayal not of one with his iconic suit and white paint. Please tell me I'm just freaking out and its not definitive.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    What the fuck?

Completely ruined the character for me. He looks like one of Joker's goons or a wannabe instead of the real Joker. I'd be a bit more accepting if it wasn't for that "damaged" tattoo on his forehead. That's some 14 year old on tumblr shit.
    Wait til you see Deadshot's outfit.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point I'm only concerned about Jai Courtney being in the movie. Or any movie really. He only has one facial expression. And not like Kristen Stewart but for real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icausewipes View Post
    Wait til you see Deadshot's outfit.
    I'm afraid to ask...but what did they change?
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

They tattooed little guns and crosshairs all over him BECAUSE THAT LOOKS SUPER COOL