Deleted

Your opinion on home-made wine?

I am having some right now and its okay I guess. Every home-made wine I've ever had has always tasted the same or worse. I am no wine connessieur by any means.

I prefer mixing household cleaners in a bathtub.

guy at work makes some decent stuff, though his beers a better.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

I have a co worker that makes different flavors, they are delicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    Home made wine is gross in my opinion i had some last night, i will never make it myself again. :/
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    You're now trying to argue that fingers are people. And you expect me to take your argument seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutVodka View Post
    I did walk up to a truck once and whispered, "I know your secret... Optimus Prime..

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like baking pastries... It takes a special touch to make really good home-made wine.

I can cook. Food, that is... But as me to make a cinnamon roll or something and I can
    guarantee somehow it will come out awful even though I followed the recipe to a tee.

Plus, a bit of aging never really hurt any wine. (except fruit wine maybe xD)

Deleted
    A friend gave me 3 bottles of his latest stuff and I'm nearly done the first bottle. It tastes no different than the 10 dollar bottles I buy on occasion.

Deleted
    Can't say I've had any. We did make home made pear cider. Awful.

My next door neighbor makes wine, he's an old Italian guy. The wine he makes is very strong according to the people I gave it to. They said it was good but strong.

I would not drink grape juice some one made in thier basement or where ever.
    READ and be less Ignorant.

Deleted
    Best wine is homemade wine! :>

Deleted
    We have a name for it here: Chateau Migraine

Unless I know that they really know what they're doing, I won't touch it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JfmC View Post
    We have a name for it here: Chateau Migraine
    Yeah if you dont buy proper yeast you dont know what percentage of ethyl alcohol you get.

This stuff can make you blind in small quantitys it causes headaches.

Quote Originally Posted by Davillage View Post
    Yeah if you dont buy proper yeast you dont know what percentage of ethyl alcohol you get.

This stuff can make you blind in small quantitys it causes headaches.
    That's not how it works, ethanol isn't going to blind you, it's a myth. However, people adding methanol to bootleg hard liquor can cause blindness. Nobody is adding methanol to wine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sketchy View Post
    Plus, a bit of aging never really hurt any wine. (except fruit wine maybe xD)
    All wine is fruit wine. That's what wine is, alcohol made from grapes.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Deleted
    My cousins father made some pretty lethal elder flower wine that didn't taste all too awful. However, I'm not so sure it could be called wine, that shit was way beyond the 13% limit. A liter of that and you could barely walk while on the contrast I get a bit more than tipsy from 3 liter store bought.

Its the best wine, the homemade one.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    That's not how it works, ethanol isn't going to blind you, it's a myth. However, people adding methanol to bootleg hard liquor can cause blindness. Nobody is adding methanol to wine.

All wine is fruit wine. That's what wine is, alcohol made from grapes.
    Methanol is produced when stuff other than sugar is fermented. For example, the pectin in the grape skins will produce methanol when the yeast gets to work on it. You won't generally see dangerous or noticeable levels in wine unless somebody fortifies the wine or distills it (and doesn't discard the first 100-200ml or so of the distillate).

This also means that white wines made with red grapes like Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Syrah are going to contain almost zero methanol as the skins are removed before fermentation (the skin gives the wine its colour).
    Last edited by Butler to Baby Sloths; 2015-04-25 at 01:22 PM.

I'm fine with it, but I've never had any homemade wine that's on par with even a halfway decent bottle. I'll still drink it, but good wine's not straightforward to make.