Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Saybel View Post
    Manual BT >= Macro'd BT > RC

There is DPS to be gained from Manual BT (a fairly decent amount if you're trying to deal with burst AoE), and if you are extremely familiar with the class I would use manual, but if you're switching from RC to BT, macroing it is simpler until you're used to it. I play Chains of Cancer Blood though so I feel like it's mandatory for me to manually use it, and the level of control it offers me is beyond the results I would see with macros so I would also recommend not using macro'd BT if you ever intend to play Blood and/or play with BoS.
    I disagree that macro'd BT > RC. I personally have used all 3 through highmaul and brf. I personally can't get in flow with Manual BT for a lot of fights, so I just stick with RC. I notice way more downtime with Macro'd BT versus RC. And I average parse in the 90th percentile and higher with RC. With that being said, I think Manual BT (IF done decently well) is the way to go, especially for huge aoe phases.

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    That's a total DPS loss, so no. Otherwise nobody would use necroblight, which does the exact opposite.
    I'm not talking about necroblight. I'm talking about single target, and on those fights we use BoS for maximum damage, where SS x2 is ALWAYS better than FeS.
    Like I said before, if it's an AoE/cleave fight where you use most of your death runes on FeS or BB anyway, the price of macroing BT is minimal (with variance depending on the fight).

Anyway, I think this is probably the best way to learn:
    1. Use macroed BT and NP on every fight
    2. Switch to using manual BT, continue using NP for everything
    3. Switch to using BoS for single target fights, continue using NP for AoE and manual BT for all

Because you should always use BT on necroblight AoE bosses, macroed or otherwise, and NP is capable of numbers close to BoS on single target as well.

I don't do it myself, but I do agree there's an argument for manual BT in sustained AE and on single-target with BoS only. Unclear if BoS will continue for Unholy with the chains of ice glyph gone in 6.2.

6*BB for AE is a strong argument, as is sustaining BoS with a clutch chains of ice. I find other arguments for manual BT unconvincing.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unholy doesn't use glyphed Chains of Ice.

Oh? I must be behind on my theorycraft then.

Just unmacro it, it's not hard and takes like a couple of hours of playing to get used to it.

Deleted
    Macro'ing BT was pre 6.1 #slack. Who still does this? If you want to slack, use the 100 dps superior talent and go with RC and not have orphan frost/blood runes.
    I use RC and necrotic plague on every single boss (mainly because our kills are so slow ex, ~ 5:30-5:50 Gruul kill), that NP+DC deals way more damage on 5:50 than 3 breaths+dots+DC do.
    I still manage to do pretty decent, with my best being a 92% parse. I do the same on Oregorger, where my best parse i 96%.

Macro'ing BT is a giant QoL loss for me, it also defeats the purpose of the talent.

Shizoide - Chains of Cancer as Unholy? Wat.