View Poll Results: Would you get an I.D chip installed in YOU?

Voters
239. This poll is closed
  • Yes.

86 35.98%
  • No.

153 64.02%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    He is.

I started off thinking he was some kind of crazy bigot SJW. I got pretty angry at him at one point.

Then I realised he was showing me, by his own example, how crazy and evil SJWs are.

It's pretty elaborate and I salute his commitment to satire, I think his way works better than mine tbh.
    He wants the age of consent to be 25 though, doesn't strike me as very liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by renet View Post
    your movements , purchases and any health related activities will be tracked and logged like it or not
    Not really.

Deleted
    Sure, but only if they put it in the left arm.
    The right arm might move to much to damage it ...

seems pretty unnecessary to me. I would definetely wait a few years to see what the long term risks are or if there are any.
    "And all those exclamation marks, you notice? Five?
    A sure sign of someone who wears his underpants on his head."

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn this guy. I recently watched a conspiracy video and now this guy brings this crap up.

Besides, the guy on top confirmed it. Our medical history is already digital, so a doctor can access it anywhere provided you bring some credible ID.

The "tin foil hat" is strong in this thread. The government abuses, or any of the mentioned abuses for that matter, can already occur w/o a chip. The practical side of me recognizes that this would be just streamlining of several things we already have (UPay and the such). I would still wait and see what kind of functionality it really had on market.

TLDR version: Yes, but I wouldn't jump in line first day. I'd want to see what all it could do first.

Deleted
    Presumably the RF stands for radio frequency. In which case no, I'd never want so much important information on something so vulnerable to a 14-year-old with revised version of Kali.

The last thing I want it someone lopping off a body part are digging through my skin to extract a piece of tech to commit fraud.

No. I'll leave it to the idiots out there to have themselves voluntarily "connected".

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    I'd get it.

Something like this could have been used to find the aid worker hostage that was killed accidentally by our drowns.
    Yeah, not like it wouldn't have been cut out immediately, or worse used to divert resources to the wrong target.....Next

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    It's also what we do to pets for their safety, which we love.
    So now humans are pets?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by haxartus View Post
    Not really.
    The definition of naive at its finest here.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    No. I'll leave it to the idiots out there to have themselves voluntarily "connected".
    Seems to me they are just too lazy to keep up with their wallet and would rather risk bodily harm for someone trying to get at this information, not even getting into the tracking shenanigans.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm genuinely shocked that 40% would.
    "I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." ~Kurt Vonnegut.

Quote Originally Posted by Titan2k10 View Post
    The definition of naive at its finest here.
    Or maybe I'm not retarded.
    Of course, maybe I'm naive for thinking that anyone from a gaming forum would know how radio-frequency identification works. Gamers were supposed to know stuff about technology, but it turns out that all they know is how to mash buttons on a keyboard and act angry.
    Last edited by haxartus; 2015-04-27 at 12:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Is it a suppository?
    Lmfao that comment along with Shinpachi's creepy smirk as your profile picture, you want it to be a suppository don't you you filthy samurai

10+ Year Old Account
    no

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Remember you said that when you need a hip replacement.
    Or a sandwich.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's like a Tom Cruise movie in here.
    These people think so highly of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    That completely defeats the purpose, since the ring can be lost or stolen.
    If its like the chips they put in dogs and cats then you could be knocked out and have it cut out of you and stolen. Also there could be people that are allergic to it and couldn't have it implanted.

Not happening here period.

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    Yes, yes, and yes. No more identity theft to worry about.
    If you believe this you are naive.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torgent View Post
    GPS tracking would also be a great thing. Kid missing? Not anymore. Missing in the woods for 2 weeks? Nope. Trying to find out who was at a crime scene? Easily seen. The govt is not going to track you for shits and giggles. You are not important. I will say that again. You are not important. The govt doesn't give a shit what you're up to.
    This state isn't around anymore so it should be considered nation-bashing (wasn't ever a nation to begin with), but here you go: Being 'not important' wont protect you.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    If it could be proven relatively secured, and could allow you to do bank transactions, allow doctors to review your medical history,
    My cards and health records do that sans surgery.

and or start or operate any major device you OWN, would you get a chip installed in you?
    My fingers already do that. Relatively secure is meaningless, my computer is relatively secure. Secure government files get hacked all the same. This gives criminals a reason to amputate you.

- - - Updated - - -

Interesting, why not even if it could save your life or make life easier?
    What Shark Tank thinks of a similar device: Ionic Ear