Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Should mythic raids get 3 battle rez's?

I believe they get one now, is it more realistic that they get 3?
    ** When you realize the person you're talking to is so clueless that they think you're the idiot **

# of battle rezzes depends on how long the battle is.

10+ Year Old Account
    But part of being the new "Mythic" is to be the best of the best.

You shouldn't even need rezz.

Quote Originally Posted by Grym View Post
    But part of being the new "Mythic" is to be the best of the best.

You shouldn't even need rezz.
    ^ This is dumb.

I think the current battle rez system is fine.

Deleted
    The current system, while not strictly bad, definitely makes for more frustrating progression than previously. In essence, while you're still learning the harder fights, deaths relatively early will inevitably (and anyone who says otherwise is a complete idiot) happen. With the current system, you can lose perhaps 2-3 players relatively early before the fight becomes completely unsalvageable due to missed DPS/HPS checks, whereas with the old system you could afford to lose at least twice that and still get a working attempt that taught you something out of it.

It doesn't necessarily make killing bosses any harder in the sense that at the point where your strat and understanding of the fight is refined enough for a kill, you shouldn't need 3 CRs in the first place, but it makes the learning process longer because there are simply more pulls than in the past that have to be called early.

The current system is slightly more lenient than the old 10 man system. Anyone who complains about the Mythic battle res system obviously used to raid 25H ez mode where you can be like blood legion and use all three reses going into p3 Lei Shen and still get a kill.

Every difficulty gets one rez every 3 minutes. Simple and easy. Why is this even a topic?

edit: I remember it scaling slightly differently in normal/heroic, but the concept still stands for mythic.
    Last edited by Zinge; 2015-06-09 at 12:08 AM.
    Zinge
    Officer of <Smitus and Friends> 7/7M 10/10M
    US 10th

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    # of battle rezzes depends on how long the battle is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinge View Post
    Every difficulty gets one rez every 3 minutes. Simple and easy. Why is this even a topic?

edit: I remember it scaling slightly differently in normal/heroic, but the concept still stands for mythic.
    Both of you are incorrect, how frequent a BRez is available is dependent on raid size, not difficulty or encounter length. Its 90/#ofpeople in the raid. 90/10 = 1 Brez every 9 minutes, 90/20 (Mythic) = 1 Brez every 4.5 minutes. Encounter length has nothing to do with how quickly the CD resets.

http://www.engadget.com/2014/04/19/w...stem-overhaul/
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/134...014#combat_rez

As to the question at hand, the entire Brez system was changed to intentionally reduce how often they could be used. Forcing raid groups to be smart about using them instead of just casting them on anyone who dies. Giving us more access to them is not necessary as the group should face a penalty for too many people dieing.

This change had to happen since its not just Warlocks and Druids with a Brez any more. Warlocks, Druids, DKs, BM Hunters, with those 4 classes you can easily 6 or more players a Brez. With just a 20 man raid size over a 1/4 of the raid can die with zero penalty.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-06-09 at 12:16 AM.

Deleted
    It's mythic, Battle Rezz shouldn't even work there.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It's mythic, Battle Rezz shouldn't even work there.
    And this is based on what exactly? The highest raid difficulty has always had the ability to use Brez's. They should all of a sudden lose access to that tool simply because you want to punish people who play the game at a higher level than you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Grogo View Post
    I believe they get one now, is it more realistic that they get 3?
    Should probably do some research before making a thread.

I think normal mode could stand to get more bresses, but mythics fine as is, makes it more challenging than MoP to some degree [when it was 3 available at the start of the fight that is]

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    I think normal mode could stand to get more bresses, but mythics fine as is, makes it more challenging than MoP to some degree [when it was 3 available at the start of the fight that is]
    Did you not read the posts in this thread? I provided two links, one directly from Blizzard, that explains how the current Brez system works in WoD. Encounter difficulty and encounter length have absolutely nothing to do with how often a Brez is available. It is tied strictly to the number of people in the raid when the boss is pulled. Its a simple formula of 90/#ofpeople in the raid, and that applies across all difficulties.

90/10 = 1 Brez every 9 minutes

90/15 = 1 Brez every 6 minutes

90/20 = 1 Brez every 4.5 Minutes

90/30 = 1 Brez every 3 Minutes

I think what's causing the biggest confusion is the fact that people don't realize that these charges start building as soon as the boss in engaged. When the boss is pulled the personal CD of every Brez in the raid is reset and there is 1 raid wide charge available for use. At that same time the counter starts ticking on the next charge. So in a 15 man pug raid if you Brez someone 3 minutes into the fight, you will see the counter on the next one available is only 3 minutes. That's because the 6 minute counter started when the fight started, not when the first Brez was used.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-06-09 at 01:31 AM.

My apologies, I wasn't really that clear in my post. What I meant to say is I propose they use a different calculation for normal to make it more F&F-friendly, or just tack on another additional one at the start of the fight. Back to the topic at hand, which is mythic...I think the systems working out great with the current levels.
    Last edited by MrExcelion; 2015-06-09 at 01:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrExcelion View Post
    My apologies, I wasn't really that clear in my post. What I meant to say is I propose they use a different calculation for normal to make it more F&F-friendly, or just tack on another additional one at the start of the fight. Back to the topic at hand, which is mythic...I think the systems working out great with the current levels.
    Your post was perfectly clear, he just didn't bother to read it

Quote Originally Posted by dean771 View Post
    Your post was perfectly clear, he just didn't bother to read it
    No, I read it and shut down his talk of things needing to vary based on difficulty. Any and all talk of the availability Brez's based on difficulty is only made by people who have absolutely no understanding of why the system was changed to what we have currently. Reading that information, which he clearly failed to do evidenced by his talk of Normal needing access to more battle rezes, will tell anyone all they need to know as to why the change was made and why it should not be altered.

When you make too many Brez's available it goes from being a tool to a crutch. Having 2, 3, 4 etc available at one time as soon as the boss is pulled allows groups to recover from major mistakes that should otherwise cause a wipe. It trivializes the encounters. Yes Normal isn't exactly a serious difficulty, but nothing outside of LFR should be trivialized. If you're not in LFR you should be punished with a wipe if you can't execute mechanics, and the current Brez system is the only system that make sure that happens but happens fairly.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    And this is based on what exactly? The highest raid difficulty has always had the ability to use Brez's. They should all of a sudden lose access to that tool simply because you want to punish people who play the game at a higher level than you do?
    So mythic should be hard but not too hard?

Old 10m only had 1 brez. Would make sense that 20m gets 2 not 3.

Mythic should get zero rezzes. They want a challenge because they're the best don't they? Hell, they should start with two people randomly dead.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzzave View Post
    So mythic should be hard but not too hard?

Old 10m only had 1 brez. Would make sense that 20m gets 2 not 3.
    Seriously??? Can you still not read? Mythic doesn't get any set amount of Brez's, no difficulty does. OK, I'll clarify that with no set amount beyond the 1 you get to start with. Mythic doesn't get "3" Brez's. That would imply you pull the boss and have 3 available for use. With the 20 man raid size you start with 1, like all raids do, and you will get another one 4.5 minutes into the encounter. A third one won't be available until 9 minutes into the encounter, and there is exactly 1 fight in the entire instance that actually takes that long. (Yes, by time you actually progress to Maidens your guild is going to be geared enough to do it in just 2 boats. Some groups/guild extended it to 3 on purpose to make phase 2 easier to deal with, but they are the exception. The norm is to down it in just 2 boats.)

On top of all that, your argument fails to take into consideration that Blizzard made the change in the first place because the old system wasn't a good one. So saying "Old 10 man, for which Mythic did not even exist, only got 1 so 20 man of a complete new difficulty should only get 2" is complete nonsense. Your argument also ignores the fact that under the old system, 25 Heroic got all 3 of those Brez's to use on pull, while the new system only grants you charges as the encounter progresses.
    Last edited by Slicer299; 2015-06-09 at 05:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by xiic View Post
    The current system is slightly more lenient than the old 10 man system. Anyone who complains about the Mythic battle res system obviously used to raid 25H ez mode where you can be like blood legion and use all three reses going into p3 Lei Shen and still get a kill.
    I'll be your one and only response to your post