Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    In my guild we strongly encourage offspec since we dont do alt raids, it helps keeping roster smaller if you have flexible people and therefor get more gear due to having less people and less issues constantly swapping people in and out. However if people are never going to use their offspecs in raid, we do not prio them for offspec gear, goes to potential offspecs that we would use.

An example: Im retribution but I step in as last tank if 1 of our 2 maintanks cant make it or if we need to 3 tank, so for tanking gear I get it unless the tanks need it. After the 3 of us are done with gear it goes to fun offspecs and so on.

I don't think being able to fulfill 2 different roles should be a requirement but it definitely should be taken into consideration when deciding on loot and who should be sat. I also think the guild should provide opportunities for the raider to use their offspec. Back in MoP, I was having a hard time learning how to play resto shaman just because I never really used it in raid and lfr was a joke to heal. On odd fights I would heal but do poorly because I had no clue what I was doing only what I had read in guides. This expansion I have healed quite a few more bosses (we were down to only 3 mainspec healers at one point) and am way more comfortable with it, even in mythic progression.

Deleted
    Playing as Shammy, I've played all 3 speccs through BRF normal/HC. When we had enough healers, I switched back to Enh (MS), but I found myself having good gear for Ele, so I tried it for the single target fights such as Gruul. Now I use Enh for AOE fights and Ele for singletarget fights. Like someone said, I had Ele as OS but I slipped into it slowly and now I like it more than Enh.