Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    Are... are you really complaining about Maleficient having a bad story while using a Geass sig and avatar?
    Yes its sad but code geass is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It'll be bloody hard to teach an orangutan to sing like Louis Armstrong, they haven't even mastered talking yet.
    Christopher Walden is playing King Louie...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarac View Post
    That movie was terrible, it looked pretty...but that's about it. People are so easily pleased with pretty pixels these days that decent acting and stories don't matter.

Maleficient felt like I was watching a weekly show where half the story was cut out by out of the blue jumps in time that made no sense to jump to non relevant scenes.
    Their target audience for Maleficent was pre-teen girls and, as you've been posting on ere since 2009, I doubt you fit into that category.

Pretty pixels are of more interest to their target audience than decent acting and stories are, and it has always been that way.

There's already news of Disney remaking Dumbo. Apparently directed by Tim Burton.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdalas View Post
    There's already news of Disney remaking Dumbo. Apparently directed by Tim Burton.
    Is it bad if I say that it would explain will smith going bald?

10+ Year Old Account
    If the movie is good, I don't care what its source is. Every movie is its own, individual story and shouldn't be held to the standards of previous versions. I go into every movie with no expectations, so when it doesn't do anything worthwhile, I'm not disappointed and when it does, I'm surprised.

It ultimately boils down to two questions: "Does this movie do an acceptable job of telling the story as though it were the first time telling it?" and "Was it entertaining to watch?" If the answer is yes to both, then it's a good movie, regardless of it being a remake or not.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    It can work with the right kind of director and actors. 101 dalmatians is a classic, but I really enjoyed the live action remake with glenn close.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    Yeah, they're doing Beauty and the Beast, too. Emma Watson is playing Belle.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2771200/
    ooh Dan Stevens as beast. He's hot, and really got the eyes for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Christopher Walden is playing King Louie...
    If the first time he sees Mowgli, he says "Hello little man", that would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    It'll be bloody hard to teach an orangutan to sing like Louis Armstrong, they haven't even mastered talking yet.
    sorry by "live action" they mean "CGI"