SLT spots in BRF?

So I'm looking for useful places to cast Spirit Link Totem in BRF outside of the obvious "entire raid stacks" spots. It's such a powerful CD and it seems like we're not using it as frequently as we should atm.

I'm not really sure what this thread is asking if you say: 'outside the obvious "entire raid stacks"'

It can be used when someone (mostly a tank) needs heavy healing with the tank being topped by the melee health pools for 6 seconds. Other than that it really is an 'understand the ability and use your brain' matter in the situations no one but yourself are exposed to.

SLT is a great tank CD in most situations, and should be used as one more often. If there's 1 or 2 melee in it, you're effectively tripling your tanks health and giving them a 10% wall. That saves lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    SLT is a great tank CD in most situations, and should be used as one more often. If there's 1 or 2 melee in it, you're effectively tripling your tanks health and giving them a 10% wall. That saves lives.
    As a note; You are not "effectively tripling" a tanks health as any hit over their healthpool will kill them regardless of SLT. Thats a very deceiving way to put it.

SLT does make a great tank cooldown though, as long as you pump heals into both people standing in it if used on both tanks without anyone inside of it.

Things like Kromog Slams and Maidens Blood Ritual are great candidates that are sort of out of the ordinary for SLT uses but super effective.
    Last edited by Canibehealz; 2015-05-03 at 04:39 AM.
    Resto/Ele Shaman Main - Raider for Temerity of Windrunner[A] 13/13M
    Twitter- Twitch - Disc/Holy Priest Alt - MM/BM Hunter Alt
    Always reachable via Twitter for questions, so feel free to bug me.

flamebenders dogs, blackhand aoe bullshit, last phase of furnace, there are a lot of places to use it, just get to know the fight and it will come naturally for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    Canibehealz makes a good point. I'd also add that I've killed a tank by placing my SLT between them and melee when melee are taking similar AoE damage. Since the melee have less damage reduction, they lose more health, which then draws from the tank, and the next melee one-shots.

Darmac - Joke fight, I guess you can drop one during a tantrum on melee.

Gruul - During progression I was assigned to particular slice number, so this will vary from group to group.

Oregorger - Used either when tanks (usually warrior tank) don't have a major CD for a torrent or when the ranged group is still hovering around half hp from having to move from Retched or melee fucking up interrupts. I always tried to eyeball it.

Flamebender - If you take echo, I think it's best to use for both dog phases. Since most raid strats for mythic strats use the stacking you can drop it on the people fixated by dogs and mitigate a shit ton of damage. I think Echo is mandatory for this fight.

Kromog - Usually assigned during prog to a specific breath number, will vary from group to group. Always try to have an SLT available for the frenzy.

Thogar - On double deforesters, use after you run through the first deforester while you are waiting for your fire stack to fall off.

Maidens - Useful for sub-20% Penetrating shots when you don't have another BoP available. Also useful if you're doing the Gar'an boat.

Blast Furnace - Super useful in P3 since most of the raid will be stacked on the ass of the boss and you will likely be running close to OOM.

Blackhand - P1 for massive demos, drop right before the last massive demo drops, then project to where your stack point is for your ranged group.