Page 3 of 66 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Does this take into account WoW Token?

10+ Year Old Account
    Lower than the end of MoP even. Impressed.

I mean...i hate to be the person claiming "my opinion is why!" but it really tells the story of the expansion and backs up the complaints made en masse, even by non forum regulars, on the official boards of "there's nothing to do but raid." The game has effectively devolved from a world to a little plot of land where you do chores and wait for raid time/queues to pop.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not surprised by the drop in subs, from 10 million to 7 million. And sub numbers haven't been that low since 2006? Blizzard needs to wake up and pay attention this.

They tried the player housing, but there are several other games that do it so much better. Garrisons lack the customization that other player housing has currently. And I think they underestimated how much no flying was going to affect the game as a whole. And as much people complain about daily quests, wow had the highest sub numbers when there were a lot of daily quests to do.

I'm really not surprised.

I don't think the garrisons were that bad, blaming the expansions problems purely on that is unfair. The problem with the garrison is that it became too central, when really it should have been a side feature.

For me, there are a number of things missing. I miss daily hubs, the apexis daily doesn't have the same "flow". I miss flying: I can accept the arguments against it, but the supposed improvements being grounded could bring failed to materialise.

I don't think the expansion is a total loss. Raiding quality is as good as it's been for a while, I don't think there was anything truly awful in raids. The strange gating was a bit odd, though. And the world itself is very well realised, but there seems little point in visiting it.

Quote Originally Posted by gkai View Post
    Is anyone really surprised by the numbers? This is the most bland expansion to date. Why make the Garrsion a primary place to go? It's a RPG so losing the aspect of traveling and exploring puts a strong dampen on the game. WoD had high expectations and the hype to go with it only to drop the ball again. Son, I am disappoint.
    Honestly I am a bit shocked, I thought it would be like, 8 million, I didn't expect such a drop.

Quote Originally Posted by Drekha View Post
    Lower than the end of MoP even. Impressed.
    But Pandas so kiddy!!!111!!

Deleted
    WOW... What the hell is going on? did not expect that much.

Considering there seems to be less and less to do online now as more and more expansions come.. Are we honestly surprised? Sure there always a spike when a expansion hits.. People buy it and see that shit hasn't changed or gotten worse they leave...

I mean whats to do online now? Raids which doesn't take much to clear, the garrison(i say worse addition to the game there is and fucked the tradeskills of this game), and the laughing stock that what we call PvP anymore =\

Theres no dailies anymore and all "daily" gold really comes from follower quests that only require 2 mins to send them out.

When there wasn't anything to do in the game for me, there was always PvP or dungeon runs for heirlooms or valor but theres no more Valor and just 1 daily quest easily completed in 10 mins and I swear PvP in this game is getting worse the more and more they try to fix it... Burst is so high and the healing power of healers in PvP is stupid...

Nothing surprising, considering this is an experimental expansion at best (this is not a compliment)

Lower than I expected, but still above what I considered cataclysmic. I have to wonder when people mostly quit, and if 6.1 was the real problem.

still, that probably means we are just below 7m, or just around the same with the token. It just feels like 6.2 is being pushed out the door very fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Backjauer View Post
    I'm really not surprised.

I don't think the garrisons were that bad, blaming the expansions problems purely on that is unfair. The problem with the garrison is that it became too central, when really it should have been a side feature.

For me, there are a number of things missing. I miss daily hubs, the apexis daily doesn't have the same "flow". I miss flying: I can accept the arguments against it, but the supposed improvements being grounded could bring failed to materialise.

I don't think the expansion is a total loss. Raiding quality is as good as it's been for a while, I don't think there was anything truly awful in raids. The strange gating was a bit odd, though. And the world itself is very well realised, but there seems little point in visiting it.
    Yeah dailies got blamed hardcore but the issue was never dailies themselves, merely the mandatory rewards and currency vendors gated behind them. WoD's faction reward system was great but the faction felt lifeless and were just straight mob grinds. Dailies + cosmetic focused rewards would have been perfect.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    Expected to be honest
    I'm playing this game for really long time and this is the first time i see so many people stop playing i went from a pool of 50+ active friends to a sub 10 in a matter of months.
    That's what i wrote 6 days ago.
    I assume garrison prison + 20man fixed raid size was two of the main reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not surprising at all. What did they expect with all the cut/delayed content and no flying.

Deleted
    I'd like to clarify, WoW is FAR from dead. It is extremely stale right now though. That may be because I've been playing it for the last 7 years but still. I really feel like WoD could have been so much more than it is, especially garrisons (where's the customisation???).

Hopefully they will put some effort into 6.2 and make Hellfire Citadel awesome.

10+ Year Old Account
    A well deserved loss. The game may have more end game content than ever, but it isn't quality content and most of it isn't even worth bothering with as it's cosmetic. Gear takes seconds to get, progression is quick to finish. Really not sure if there's anything Blizzard can do at this point to revive the game.

Blizzard has to understand by now that the only solution is better and much more frequent expansions, including gameplay that dramatically differs from what everyone is already so bored with.

But clearly they've found that they're not capable of doing any of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    And this is what happens when Blizzard listens too much to whiners that want everything outside of raids/arenas to be "optional" (read: unrewarding after doing it once).

Well we got "as we wanted", where pretty much everything that isn't on a weekly lockout only rewards cosmetic garbage no one gives a damn about.

Blizzard, you need to remember that it's carrots-on-sticks and time/effort reward schemes that keeps players interested in MMO's, not throwing everything at them at once and then appear confused as they aren't keen on staying subscribed. You've added way too many "improvements" that together make WoW unable to keep players interested and motivated.

Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Nize View Post
    Lol, get real, man. They're still making a massive profit from this game and will for a long time. The end will come, but it'll be many many years. These numbers will have a diminishing return the lower it gets.
    Businesses don't really operate on a 'Good enough' or 'we're still better than everyone else!' goal set.

Their goal is maximum profits always.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard should do a 180º to something radically different.

Look at that pike in just 3 months.

GD that is bad. I don't revel in it, but it's more like when an obstinate family member has a dangerously high fever - "get yer ass to the doctor!!"

So hopefully they wake the fuck up. This is biggest wake-up call I can think of since I've been playing (3.0).