Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Considering that Alliance queues are still instant, and Horde queues are still 5+ minutes, I'd say that there are plenty of Horde PvP'ers left.
    Plenty of randoms maybe. At 2k+ rated horde are struggling except on the big pvp servers. Faction switchs to allies and server transfers to stormscale are making the problem worse on the servers left behind. Yes I know I can group with people on Sscale, but I can't read their trade chat or join pvp guilds there without moving.

Quote Originally Posted by nightfalls View Post
    Welcome to the Alliance side for the entirety of MOP. Funny when the tables turn.

Edit: The only difference is that Horde's still the main place for raiders, where during MOP it was for both, and Alliance basically had nothing.
    1) Go to the web archive
    2) Enter www.arenamate.net
    3) Check the last snapshot from the final season of MoP (it is oct 6 if you are too lazy to check yourself).
    4) See the actual world representation on MoP was:
    Alliance 58.2 % (5636)
    Horde 41.8 % (4047)
    5) ????
    6) Profit.

Yep had to move to alliance, beacuse yeah everyone was... Everyone i knew and the "better part of pvp'ers"...
    Quit WoD 3 months ago, FUK DAT SHET

Deleted
    Factions in this game are purely theoretical at this point...
    They lost their uniqueness in TBC when they gave Alliance shamans and Horde paladins. Then it went downhill from that point.
    Lorewise the stories often team us up against some kind of evil scary dude that went bonkers and threatens the entire world
    They even merged auction houses lately and there are large threads on official forums trying to convince Blizzard to enable cross faction communication.

At this point they might as well remove factions altogether, just make one large faction with 13 playable races. Arenas aren't faction vs faction anymore, the same thing can be done for battlegrounds and other forms of pvp barring only world pvp (which is nothing but gank fest anyway)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaileen View Post
    You HAD to switch for 2050 rating? Well, I guess the rbg situation is kinda dire, but I'm pretty sure you could've found arena partners to get up that high.
    It's not dire, it's catastrophic and it's pretty much beyond salvaging now without sweeping changes to racials enough to get people to switch back to Horde.
    Of course it is harder to quantify Wotf or Warstomp. But getting out of a fear early or getting off one hardcasted heal against 2 melees - that could as well have a major impact on the game.
    Compared to a free restealth/dodging a CC as a nelf and such? The Alliance racial ARE better and they don't DR with other stuff where things like the stomp do.

Whenever I lose I try to think about why I lost, and to be honest "because he did a bit more damage then he would've done if he was another race" never appeared to me.
    It's not a bit more damage, it's a load more damage when CD stacking comes into effect. Cdew a pretty well known Rshaman got basically two shot by a human warrior who had all his CDs running. He died so fast nature's guardian didn't even procc as he wasn't technically ever below 30% before he died. Then again they also have the bestracials for others such as stoneskin that's basically a shamanistic rage for dwarf resto shamans, nelf stealth to dodge/restealth for druids and so on and on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    Considering that Alliance queues are still instant, and Horde queues are still 5+ minutes, I'd say that there are plenty of Horde PvP'ers left.
    Instant queues for instant losses. The entire decent PvP population has basically migrated towards Alliance. I'm trying for two days to finish off the last few missing wins on Deepwind Gorge. I used to have somewhere around a 70-75% win rate, in the last few days winning has become almost impossible from what I've seen. The few wins we did manage were often times close and mostly because the Alliance didn't pay attention anymore as they thought they had won already.

HECK I HAD THREE PEOPLE WHO MANAGED TO PICK A LORE BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHERE TO HAND IT IN. I'm not even kidding, they didn't know where to hand the lore in and just ran around aimlessly with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnkie View Post
    Yep had to move to alliance, beacuse yeah everyone was... Everyone i knew and the "better part of pvp'ers"...
    Quit WoD 3 months ago, FUK DAT SHET
    Yeah, basically all the players I knew have switched Alliance. There's a few hold outs left but most of them don't play active rated PvP anymore at this point and it's only getting worse as the last few also give in and switch.

I've played horde for 2 expansions now and just xfered back to alliance because horde have become horrible. I attribute this to a few reasons

1) Horde queue time is considerably less than alliance for BGs almost 50% faster. Because of the faster times there are more bots on Horde, more bots = lost games. I can honestly say with no exaggeration I've lost about 12-13 games in a row on horde, which drove me to switch factions. From a bot POV, Its better Honour per hour to lose a game and not get booted than get booted from a winning game and get the debuff.
    2) Human PVP racial. cmon seriously who are you all kidding. Its OP.
    3) Horde getting demolished in Ashran ( in my battlegroup anyway )
    4) Because the majority of the pvp based players are migrating to alliance there are less quality alts in BGs for horde. This leads to point 5)
    5) Less healers for horde, one healer can make or break a game. Horde has way less healers now than what it used to.

I don't find anything different when I play either faction. I play Horde Alliance wins and vice versa. It mostly just depends on communication and acting like a team. But sadly Honorbuddy has ruined BGs to an extent where its unbearable to do them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyGerkin View Post
    I don't find anything different when I play either faction.
    Alliance queues seem to be considerably shorter though, I tested on both sides of the coin and on Horde I got in <1m and on Alliance it was 10m>.

Naturally this is RandomBG so it doesn't reflect anything other than there are more A players doing RandomBG than H.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Alliance queues seem to be considerably shorter though, I tested on both sides of the coin and on Horde I got in <1m and on Alliance it was 10m>.
    I think its the battlegrounds that determine the queue times. I play horde on one Battleground and its around 1-3mins and when I got Alliance its atleast 5+mins

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vathius View Post
    I've played horde for 2 expansions now and just xfered back to alliance because horde have become horrible. I attribute this to a few reasons

1) Horde queue time is considerably less than alliance for BGs almost 50% faster. Because of the faster times there are more bots on Horde, more bots = lost games. I can honestly say with no exaggeration I've lost about 12-13 games in a row on horde, which drove me to switch factions. From a bot POV, Its better Honour per hour to lose a game and not get booted than get booted from a winning game and get the debuff.
    2) Human PVP racial. cmon seriously who are you all kidding. Its OP.
    3) Horde getting demolished in Ashran ( in my battlegroup anyway )
    4) Because the majority of the pvp based players are migrating to alliance there are less quality alts in BGs for horde. This leads to point 5)
    5) Less healers for horde, one healer can make or break a game. Horde has way less healers now than what it used to.
    Mileage may vary and all, but on Horde I see very few issues with getting outmatched in healer numbers. I'm not sure when the last time, I played a game and was lacking any healers and Ally had 3. Good healers, and some marginally functioning human playing a healer, are not the same thing though lol.
    Ashran whoever joined via group finder will win. At the start of WoD the realm my Horde characters were on was connected to a batch of Ally dominant realms, adn we still won well over 50% of the time, but eventually we fell to the number of AFK'ers sitting with the gear vendors. Then people gave up on PvP'ing completely. I actually just grinded out my rep in one day while killing Tremblade nearly 10 times yesterday on my Paladin. Might have to search ofr a decent group via groupfinder but if you find one, be active, be vocal if somebody else isn't leading the thing actually (herding cats man... herding cats).
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Horde didnt give up i fight some solid hordes in RBGS BUT majority of player base will swing with streamers so if sodapoppin cdew venruki mes snutz for exmaple switch to alliance.... majority of their viewers will also switch alliance due to trend effect

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nofo View Post
    Horde didnt give up i fight some solid hordes in RBGS BUT majority of player base will swing with streamers so if sodapoppin cdew venruki mes snutz for exmaple switch to alliance.... majority of their viewers will also switch alliance due to trend effect
    Seeing how Hero of the Horde cut off is somewhere around 2150~, Horde is effectively done for PvP wise. It's a lot of reasons and not just the streamers, the racials do give an edge and they basically have the best racials for every class, everyone and their mother switching leaves Horde desolate and without people to play with thus more reason to switch to profit from it in several ways and less reason to stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Seeing how Hero of the Horde cut off is somewhere around 2150~, Horde is effectively done for PvP wise. It's a lot of reasons and not just the streamers, the racials do give an edge and they basically have the best racials for every class, everyone and their mother switching leaves Horde desolate and without people to play with thus more reason to switch to profit from it in several ways and less reason to stay.
    I didn't get your point. Hero of the horde cut is the same as hero of the alliance.
    But yes, it is broken beyond fix right now, pretty much as the economy... Damn it WoD!

The trinket change does effect cc break trinket, so ya wrong and that change things in fav of more balance