SSD "hotswap" speed question

I have owned the Antec DF-85 "Black Steel" computer case for about 4 years now and I am finally getting an SSD. From what I've researched in general when using a SATA cable to hook up a SSD there are 1.5gb/s, 3gb/s and 6gb/s speed cables, obviously 6gb/s is the optimal choice but my case has a few mounts you literally just plug the SSD into and it's ready to go. I just need to know if those connectors on the mounts built into the case are the best speed or if I should still use a 6gb/s SATA cable. My case specs says nothing about the speed of the connectors(nor does Google) and I'm only an average computer user so I am unsure of which one to use. Thanks for the help!

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say that it depends entirely on how your case's ports are connected to the mobo. A sata cable is nowhere near expensive, you could just test yourself.

All SATA cables are 6 gb/s. There is no difference between them; its all marketing.

the transfer rates are the same between a “SATA III” cable and a “SATA II” cable. The difference, as defined by the official SATA specification, is a lock-in clip to ensure unshaken contact.

http://www.gamersnexus.net/guides/18...t-all-the-same
    | Intel i5-4670k | Asus Z87-Pro | Xigmatek Dark Knight | Kingston HyperX Fury White 16GB | Sapphire R9 270x | Crucial MX300 750GB | WD 500GB Black | WD 1TB Blue | Cooler Master Haf-X | Corsair AX1200 | Dell 2412m | Ducky Shine 3 | Logitech G13 | Sennheiser HD598 | Mionix Naos 8200 |

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    I'd say that it depends entirely on how your case's ports are connected to the mobo. A sata cable is nowhere near expensive, you could just test yourself.
    Is there a way to "test" the speed once it is set up? Like a program or something?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorkas View Post
    Is there a way to "test" the speed once it is set up? Like a program or something?
    Sure, HD tune would work just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DrArtorius View Post
    Sure, HD tune would work just fine.

Thank you!