Poll: So do you think they will make a 3DS SMM.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you guys think Nintendo will make a Super Mario Marker style game for 3DS.

Like the title says do you guys think Nintendo will make a Super Mario Marker style game for 3DS.

I was thinking this would be a awesome platform to do that. They ported over Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors so I kinda woundered if they would do a 3DS style SMM. I would love for them to do that now that I just got me a 3DS again.

Yes?
    No?
    Why?
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, but I would say no.
    Here is why

The online sucks on 3ds.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Maybe, but I would say no.
    Here is why

The online sucks on 3ds.
    IMO it isn't much different then the Wii-U and all you really got to do with MM is play a level. It isn't like you would play together.

Damit Genn don't kill my dream lol. But really I think they will and if they do it will be a "New" 3DS title. I don't think the old systems could handle it.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-02-03 at 08:02 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    IMO it isn't much different then the Wii-U and all you really got to do with MM is play a level. It isn't like you would play together.

Damit Genn don't kill my dream lol. But really I think they will and if they do it will be a "New" 3DS title. I don't think the old systems could handle it.
    MM is 90% always online though.

MM is 90% always online though.
    True. A streamer just made a good point when I said the samething in his chat.

Seems it may be rumored for a Mario Player coming to the 3DS where you can play levels but not make them. Who knows I just hope they do and Spatoon would be a bonus lol.

3DS? No, you can already see the 3DS is being replaced soon as it looks like almost no Nintendo owned studios but game freak are actively developing for the console.

NX handheld? Probable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    3DS? No, you can already see the 3DS is being replaced soon as it looks like almost no Nintendo owned studios but game freak are actively developing for the console.

NX handheld? Probable.
    See I don't think they will replace the 3DS (Well New 3DS) with the NX. It is Nintendo and who knows really. But the 3DS still has a ton of titles coming up.

http://www.ign.com/games/upcoming/3ds?filter=latest

I mean hell the next Dragon Quest is coming out around the time NX is suppost to come out. I do feel Nintendo is about to start pushing for more "New" 3DS games since it is nearly double the hardware of the 3DS.

Edit: But right now who the hell knows what Nintendo is going to do. They could release a console tomorrow and not surprise anyone.

To add Nintendo has even stated the 3DS is here to stay http://www.gamespot.com/articles/3ds.../1100-6433040/

But Moffitt stresses that fans can expect ongoing support for 3DS.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-02-03 at 08:38 PM.

Notice your best example is Dragon Quest, a game not made by Nintendo.

Of course Japanese 3rd parties are going to support the 3DS for awhile yet, because it has a massive install base in Japan(roughly 40% of 3DS units sold are in Japan). It took Japanese 3rd parties quite a long time to move on from the DS and PSP last gen despite 3DS and Vita being on the market.

Can you name me Nintendo games in development for it? Ones not already out in Japan? Because I can't think of any. That is clear as day and says all you need to know when we know of more internal Wii U games in development then 3DS games.

Nintendo development for the 3DS is probably only a handful of games left at this point.

Pretty sure I told you this a year ago when the New 3DS launched but was met with skepticism, New 3DS was nothing more then the stop gap to get a few more sales out of the platform in it's twilight years the same as DSI.

Notice your best example is Dragon Quest, a game not made by Nintendo.

Of course Japanese 3rd parties are going to support the 3DS for awhile yet, because it has a massive install base in Japan(roughly 40% of 3DS units sold are in Japan). It took Japanese 3rd parties quite a long time to move on from the DS and PSP last gen despite 3DS and Vita being on the market.

Can you name me Nintendo games in development for it? Ones not already out in Japan? Because I can't think of any. That is clear as day and says all you need to know when we know of more internal Wii U games in development then 3DS games.

Nintendo development for the 3DS is probably only a handful of games left at this point.

Pretty sure I told you this a year ago when the New 3DS launched but was met with skepticism, New 3DS was nothing more then the stop gap to get a few more sales out of the platform in it's twilight years the same as DSI.
    You could be right, I'm not going to say your wrong. But no annouced Nintendo games isn't really evidence of them not making games for it. Hell alot of the games for the 3DS we don't know about until a few months before there release.

If you look at that list you would have seen there is Nintendo games on it like Metroid Prime: Federation Force 3DS & Fire Emblem Fates: Revelation.

Is the 3DS going to go on the backbuner soon?????? Ya good chance it will but I highly dought they just drop support for it all together cold turcky. The 3DS is still making them a insane amount of money. Them dropping the 3DS cold turcky because of the NX would be like Blizzard dropping WoW because of Overwatch.

Is the 3DS going to go on the backbuner soon?????? Ya good chance it will but I highly dought they just drop support for it all together cold turcky. The 3DS is still making them a insane amount of money. Them dropping the 3DS cold turcky because of the NX would be like Blizzard dropping WoW because of Overwatch.
    Nintendo almost never directly supports a system after it's successor is on the market. This is a borderline fact with a few exceptions, the only one of note being Pokemon because gamefreak and the pokemon company. You're not going to see a significant IP from Nintendo release on the 3DS after their next hand held is on the market not named Pokemon.

BTW Fire Emblem Fates, including Revelation story line has been out in Japan for months now, and Metroid Prime Federation Force looks like a cheap cash in on a IP met with massive negative feedback wouldn't be surprised if that shit was cancelled since we haven't heard anything of it since e3.

If they can make a shekkle off of it without putting to much effort i dont see why. Though with NX looming maby not? Dont put it past nintendo though to squeeze every last dollar out of somthing they can though.

Nintendo almost never directly supports a system after it's successor is on the market. This is a borderline fact with a few exceptions, the only one of note being Pokemon because gamefreak and the pokemon company. You're not going to see a significant IP from Nintendo release on the 3DS after their next hand held is on the market not named Pokemon.

BTW Fire Emblem Fates, including Revelation story line has been out in Japan for months now, and Metroid Prime Federation Force looks like a cheap cash in on a IP met with massive negative feedback wouldn't be surprised if that shit was cancelled since we haven't heard anything of it since e3.
    The thing is you are assuming that the NX (Based off of rumors only) is a successor to the 3DS when there is no proof to that.

As I said all we can do is assume atm. You could be right but there is a equal amount of chance you are wrong as well. What we do know like with any company if a product is still selling like crazy they will keep selling said product. Nintendo would be morons to drop the 3DS (That is 100% income) for a chance at some income.

As a matter of fact since there is a new head at Nintendo I wouldn't put it past them to run Mobile/3DS/NX all at once to max profit. I am sure at this point it cost's them dam near nothing to make 3DS's even the "New" 3DS and the games as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    If they can make a shekkle off of it without putting to much effort i dont see why. Though with NX looming maby not? Dont put it past nintendo though to squeeze every last dollar out of somthing they can though.
    Personally I think they will run all 3 markets. Console (NX) Mobile and Handheld (3DS).

As I posted above they have stated that 3DS support isn't stopping anytime soon. But then again it is Nintendo and they have been know to lie. But they would be foolish to drop 3DS for a chance at better profit.

Even tho its old (Unless you count the "New" 3DS) the 3DS still prints them money. Dropping that for the NX is like blizzard dropping WoW for Overwatch.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-02-04 at 12:18 AM.

The thing is you are assuming that the NX (Based off of rumors only) is a successor to the 3DS when there is no proof to that.
    There is more smoke to an NX handheld being close to ready then there is an NX console.

As I said all we can do is assume atm. You could be right but there is a equal amount of chance you are wrong as well. What we do know like with any company if a product is still selling like crazy they will keep selling said product. Nintendo would be morons to drop the 3DS (That is 100% income) for a chance at some income.
    There is no assuming, at this time last year we knew of 5 Nintendo games in development for 3DS, this time 2 years ago that number was like 10. 3DS development is ramping down. It's over rock. As far as still "selling like crazy" It was down YOY in Japan and it's holiday sales in the west where flat out terrible compared to past years. The 3DS is already carried by Japan, and is the lowest selling Nintendo handheld ever at the same point in life as any other. The 3DS is on it's way out at Nintendo. Japanese 3rd parties will support it for a few more years yet and it may still get another Pokemon game but that is pretty much it.

As a matter of fact since there is a new head at Nintendo I wouldn't put it past them to run Mobile/3DS/NX all at once to max profit. I am sure at this point it cost's them dam near nothing to make 3DS's even the "New" 3DS and the games as well.
    NX will replace the 3DS before it does the Wii U. All signs point to this, sorry you can't see it. There is only so much development support that can go around and it's clear the 3DS is getting the least from Nintendo.

Personally I think they will run all 3 markets. Console (NX) Mobile and Handheld (3DS).
    Based off all these 3DS games Nintendo is making? Pikachu detective game FTW.

As I posted above they have stated that 3DS support isn't stopping anytime soon. But then again it is Nintendo and they have been know to lie. They would be foolish to drop 3DS for a chance at better profit.
    Are they supposed to say they are ramping down support for a system they still need to clear out stock of? "Support" and "SUPPORT" are very different things. One could argue the PS3 and Vita are still getting "support" from Sony when we clearly know that is not the case even though both still get patches, indy games, JP 3rd party games and the like.

Even tho its old (Unless you count the "New" 3DS) the 3DS still prints them money. Dropping that for the NX is like blizzard dropping WoW for Overwatch.
    It prints money by barely out selling the Wii U this past holiday? The 3DS is as dead as the Wii U is in the west at this point on month to month sales. The 3DS is popular in Japan, but again they where down YOY in Japan so that is ramping down as well. Nintendo also has a lock on the handheld game and knows Japan will jump on their next one and likely have no competition at all from Sony anymore to worry about.

I'm sorry but all your retorts go against every single thing we know. Yes it's speculation, the difference is mine is speculation based off things we know not just random hope.

Your blizzard comparison is irrelevant as Blizzard is not trying to sell a new piece of hardware to go along with Overwatch.

--snip--
    Like I said before you know just as much as I do. No one knows what Nintendo will do hell somethings I don't even think they know. But you would be foolish to think they would give up a 100% sure thing on a chance. People are seeing the NX (Based on rumors only) as a new handheld system. When it could just be part 1 of the console setup.

Another thing to factor in is price point. For the NX (Handheld Version) to even beat the 3DS it has to be at the same price point. There is no way in hell people will go out and spend $300 on a handheld when they can get a 3ds XL for $120 and a New 3DS XL for $150.

Nintendo isn't going to shoot themselves in the foot again (At lease you would think). The 3DS will still get games and support for a few years untill they see the NX can take its place.

I gave you a list of upcoming 3DS games and 9 of them are Nintendo. You can move the goal post if you wish but to say the 3DS doesn't have games coming out this year is foolish. On top of that E3 is just around the conor so we could get more 3DS game annoucements. Also you can't compare the Ps3/Vita to the 3DS since one they are different companys and two the vita and ps3 is much older then the 3DS.

I'm sorry but all your retorts go against every single thing we know. Yes it's speculation, the difference is mine is speculation based off things we know not just random hope.
    No your speculation is based off of a opinion like mine. What we do know is the 3DS prints them money even if it sold less then last year it still made a killing.

No company gives up a sure thing for a chance. They make both work until one can be replaced by another or they just run both.

If they drop support for the 3DS so be it. But I still feel there is way less chance of them dropping it because of the NX. Maybe a few years from now if they see the NX can hold its own if not the 3DS will stay around.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-02-04 at 12:41 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    the mobile market is a changing. Smart phones are gonna take over. Nintendo needs to be very revolutionary and not gimmicky

the mobile market is a changing. Smart phones are gonna take over. Nintendo needs to be very revolutionary and not gimmicky
    Smart phones will never take over what the 3DS (And even the Vita) does until the controls are much better. Have you tried to play GTA on a phone its shit.

The mobile market and the handheld market is two different markets. One likes candy crush for 5mins and the other likes pokemon for 20hrs. Name me 5 mobile games you would spend 20hrs on and one of them can't be Hearthstone.

Your "9 nintendo games"

1) FEF Conquest- been finished and out in Japan for over 6 months
    1) FEF Birthright- read above
    1) FEF Revelation- read above
    4) Pokemon Yellow
    4) Pokemon Blue
    4) Pokemon Red- so now Virtual Console games count as developing new games for a system?
    6) Mario & Sonic 2016- Made by Sega, published by Nintendo
    7) Box Boy- Indy tier game by Hal.
    8) Mario & Friends Amiibo challenge LOL WTH IS THIS?
    9) Metroid Prime: Federation Force- cheap cash in that got shit on at e3 and hasn't been seen since.

This is some amazing support you listed with those 9 games(actually 10 but most are a joke and 6 are just Pokemon VC versions and FE games already done for a long ass time....)
    Last edited by Tech614; 2016-02-04 at 12:53 AM.

Your "9 nintendo games"

1) FEF Conquest- been finished and out in Japan for over 6 months It being in Japan doesn't mean shit when the rest of the market doesn't have it
    2) FEF Birthright- read above Read above
    3) FEF Revelation- read above Read Above
    3) Pokemon Yellow
    4) Pokemon Blue
    5) Pokemon Red- so now Virtual Console games count as developing new games for a system? Didn't see this was VC myfault but doesn't matter
    6) Mario & Sonic 2016- Made by Sega, published by Nintendo Ok
    7) Box Boy- Indy tier game by Hal.
    8) Mario & Friends Amiibo challenge LOL WTH IS THIS? No clue
    9) Metroid Prime: Federation Force- cheap cash in that got shit on at e3 and hasn't been seen since. So you know a game you never played is a cheap cash in. Do you also know the winning powerball numbers next week

This is some amazing support you listed with those 9 games I must say.
    Ok now take those 9 games and add in al the 3rd party support.

1. Project X Zone 2
    2. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
    3. Dragon Quest XI
    4. Dragon Quest VIII
    5. Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
    6. Bravely Second: End Layer

And so on, Also another game you didn't add on your list is Hyrule Warriors Legends. Also I was wrong there isn't 9 Nintendo games there is 12 myfault. Incase you didn't know Hyrule Warriors Legends is a Wii-U port of Hyrule Warriors.

If they was really dropping support for the 3DS this year most if not all of these titles would just be launch titles for the NX. There would be no point in releasing anything this year thats decent for the 3DS when the NX is coming in the winter. The current list of game releases for the 3DS is a good lineup weather you like the games or not. Hell in truth its a better lineup then the Ps4/XB1 so far this year.

If they was dropping support alot of these games wouldn't be coming out. So once again you are assuming and nothing more. You have no facts to base your opinion off of so stop trying to pass it off as a fact. I am just stating a opinion and the only thing I have passed off as a fact is the 3DS makes Nintendo a shiton of money. The other fact I stated is no company gives up a sure thing for a chance at something.

If Nintendo gave up the 3DS and the NX fell flat on its face that would cause major problems for Nintendo.

Edit: We need a 3DS megathread....
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-02-04 at 12:58 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ok now take those 9 games and add in al the 3rd party support.

1. Project X Zone 2
    2. Dragon Quest VII: Fragments of the Forgotten Past
    3. Dragon Quest XI
    4. Dragon Quest VIII
    5. Sonic Boom: Fire & Ice
    6. Bravely Second: End Layer
    aaahhhh hahahahaahhahahahahah AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ahahahahaha. Sorry I normally dont like to post laughter, but no one should be happy about another sonic boom

as for the new hyrule warriors.... the better version is on another system.

aaahhhh hahahahaahhahahahahah AAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH Ahahahahaha. Sorry I normally dont like to post laughter, but no one should be happy about another sonic boom

as for the new hyrule warriors.... the better version is on another system.
    I am not a fan of any recent sonic. But the handheld ones are half decent from what I hear. Still doesn't change my point and that wasn't even all the 3rd party games listed.

As for Hyrule Warriors....Ok your point is? 12 million people own a Wii-U and over 50 million+ own a 3DS (Or Newer model) Its still a Wii-U title that got ported over to the 3DS.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2016-02-04 at 01:07 AM.