Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    What is GGT?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    As a private company, Subway has every right to fire her for this.

Should they? I would, same as I would fire someone celebrating any murder. I wouldn't want an employee that has proven themselves to be of dubious ethical quality, and dubious intelligence.

I work in a business casual environment. Four days of the week I wear a dress shirt and jeans, on Fridays I hop into my team shirt for my department because I like the design (we're a university with a very talented creative staff) and it's obscenely comfortable. Monday through Thursday if I'm hamming it up for friends I'll take pictures of myself doing whatever in that dress shirt and jeans, I don't create pictures of myself in that work shirt doing ANYTHING but "Hey check out this work shirt. Isn't this design nice."

I always thought "Don't be a fucking idiot while wearing 'work colors'" was part of Adulthood 101.

The former employee got what she deserved (no mercy).

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzog View Post
    I always thought "Don't be a fucking idiot while wearing 'work colors'" was part of Adulthood 101.
    Otherwise known as "common sense." Unfortunately, common sense is something that's in obscenely-short supply these days.

also why you dont post something like this in your work uniform and/or list on facebook where you actually work

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Celebrating the death of cops while representing her workplace? Deserved to be fired.

Here's a thought. If a police officer was touting the fact that another police officer had killed a person, do you think he or she should be fired?

Police Officer - "Killed us another criminal! Got Em!."

The answer is yes. Because while you may have the freedom to speak however you want, having a job is not a right. If you do something that embarrasses your employer, or does irreversible harm to the community that that company represents, the company can get rid of you. You are not entitled to a job if you act like a moron. The uniform aside, the decisions you make on social media, can follow you wherever you go.

I Believe police officers give themselves a bad rap, but I cannot advocate the killing of a brother. Also the white officer had family and children making this even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by TheUnum View Post
    I Believe police officers give themselves a bad rap, but I cannot advocate the killing of a brother. Also the white officer had family and children making this even worse.
    No, ignorant people who think a handful of bad ones represent the majority is what gives them a bad rap.

Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    No, ignorant people who think a handful of bad ones represent the majority is what gives them a bad rap.
    That is why police need to stop protecting bad cops, and then people wouldn't give them all a bad rap. Police care more for a fellow corrupt officer than an innocent civilian

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Celebrating the death of cops while representing her workplace? Deserved to be fired.
    Show where she made this statement while representing her workplace. Look carefully.

10+ Year Old Account
    What? I can't just say anything I want on the internet and get away with it with no repurcussions???
    You're a towel.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Show where she made this statement while representing her workplace. Look carefully.
    it is you that needs to look carefully
    she posted her statement with a picture of herself wearing her subway uniform

https://twitter.com/RoadWins/status/...245760/photo/1

There isn't any company in the world that could not fire the person giving that kind of statement WHEN you're wearing their uniform or represent the company when doing so.
    Clearly this was the issue.

It's like you'd be working for real estate company with some kind of uniform on, take a photo to FB and and state "yeahh got 'em, those fucking niggas rape women and childs all the time and get away with it, fuck 'em no mercy!!"...

Only time will tell if we get to see karma hit this lovely lady who is certain every cop is a racist and shoot people for fun. Just like people assume every other black fellows are rapists and just a unnecessary burden to genetic pool.

Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    Makes me glad I work for someone that finds my lack of filter online amusing.
    try posting it online spread something like hey i work for this company here i am saying the deaths of innocent police officers is a good, thing lets see how your boss/company feels as it gets boycotted over facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Before I click on that link, let me take a guess...............

Yep, lol.

People don't seem to understand that freedom of speech doesn't preclude you from repercussions from said speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

You guys are acting like being fired from Subway was actually a real punishment.

"Yeah, stick it to her!" Pitchforks and all.

The punishment would've been making her continue working there.

Quote Originally Posted by Daerio View Post
    You guys are acting like being fired from Subway was actually a real punishment.

"Yeah, stick it to her!" Pitchforks and all.

The punishment would've been making her continue working there.
    After seeing her picture, I would just turn around and go some place else to eat.