Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    I'm not sure i understand your point. You feel that people who publicly celebrate the death of innocents should face no censure?
    No. He's saying that Subway would have never known if it weren't for people seeing it and bringing attention to it.

I think it's a bit ridiculous. It's one thing to go on social media and badmouth the company you work for. But something like this does not affect Subway at all. Yea, it's a stupid thing to say, but people say stupid shit all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    No. He's saying that Subway would have never known if it weren't for people seeing it and bringing attention to it.

I think it's a bit ridiculous. It's one thing to go on social media and badmouth the company you work for. But something like this does not affect Subway at all. Yea, it's a stupid thing to say, but people say stupid shit all the time.
    Whats ridiculous is this woman celebrating two officers getting murdered. Shows a level of character and a private company has the right to fire over that. This wasn't due to pressure, this was due to a horrible person showing their true colors on FB. Doubt she'll find a new job anything soon. Good riddance.

You can say people say stupid shit all the time, but 1. not this stupid, and 2. they deserve the consequences if they are going to say stupid shit in a public forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Explosive Anarchist View Post
    I remember a while ago people getting upset because someone said something along the lines of: "Terrorists should get hung" and got fired over it. Seems like a double standard to me from the general public. Or some people that got fired for tweeting: "Ferguson rioters need to get shot."
    If you don't see the difference between murderers and looters being stopped and civil servants being murdered, you might need to sort some things in your life. (No, I don't support killing anyone who is not in the process of threatening the life of someone else, but suggesting this is a double standard is disingenuous.)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.