WW Monk or Enhance Shammy 6.1 and on.

So as some of you in the Shammy forums may know I have recently come back from a 2 year break from the game.
    When I came back I decided I would reroll to a shaman and ignore the hate.
    Well a month has passed and after extensive research and time spent raiding on different fights and dummy's I can defiantly see why many tried to steer me away from shammys.

As many players are I am extremely competitive I strive to make sure that I am not only at the top of the charts but also doing everything humanly possible to ensure a down on each pull. Healers struggling? drop aoe's and offspec instant heals to help, assigned interrupters missing interrupts? Go do it for them. It is my very nature to not just ensure that I am doing the best but that the group around me is doing the best to.

It has become vary clear that while Enhance is fun, it Is seriously lack luster on single and 1-3 target cleave. On the flip side when I see add fights I just smile because I know that the numbers will climb.

My question is this. as I am leveling a WW monk as well which would be better off in the current patch as well as heading into 6.2?
    Our group currently has neither other than me. I really dont even need an offspec because as a newer member coming back we have several tanks and healers. (many ppl already have offspecs for this).

so which class has the all around better versatility and numbers?

Deleted
    Unfortunately,

both Enhance shammy and WW monk are extremely lackluster and not really wanted in raiding environment (together with Ret pally).

It is the result of Blizzard's blatant favourism towards certain classes and ignorance of others, as well as shammy/monk/pally communities being passive, beatdown, accepting the poor state of their classes/speccs, instead of voting with their wallets.

If I were you, I would defo stay with the enhance shammy:

- you already found a raiding guild who gives you a spot in their raiding team, which is no small feat as a melee dps in WoD
    - you are probably decently progressed in the legendary ring grind-chain on your shaman, which is a huge obstacle for rerolling/returning players. Expect legendary ring will become a must-have for being accepted even into mediocre guilds in 6.2

BUT, if you were to level a boomkin, or mage... oh boy, you could probably run around in green gear and still every mythic guild on server would welcome you with open arms

(yes I am bitter about class balance in wod)
    Last edited by mmoc498e172801; 2015-05-15 at 02:39 PM.

Lol thanks for the reply.
    as for the Guild were running flex raid its a more laid back guild that I chose simply because I knew some ppl from work and they were okay with taking my gf in (new to the game/ never raidied before)

I have always rolled melee or tank tbh and the one time I did max out my mage the raid group of friends fell through and college started back up so I dropped it.

I have always wanted to do a boomy tho. well see maybe next epac

10+ Year Old Account
    Good points already stated above me, but I will also toss in that both only have the 1 melee spec, so if your main concern is meters and being melee then you will almost always be better off with a rogue or at least something with alternatives (Warrior or DK), as the odds are that at least 1 spec will be decent.

I think it's still more important to enjoy the mechanics of your class as numbers fluctuate a lot, but having a backup spec or class never hurts.
    Last edited by dryankem; 2015-05-15 at 05:35 PM.

I enjoy pretty much every class I have played so far (ex warlocks Gah)
    I do like to be at the top as much as possible (Im naturally competitive) But I also like to do whats best for the raid.
    Here recently this means having a offspec as a healer. (raid was actually canceled last night due to 2 healers missing and only having one person with it as offspec)
    So I have been thinking of these 3.

-Stay enhance and go resto off spec
    -WW monk with Brewmaster offspec (this helps as well as our off tank has a healer that is geared also (warrior and shammy)
    - Balance Druid with resto spec (this i think is the best choice as we have no leather dps in our whole comp, so I would get all the gear I need for either balance or feral, as well as the healer that misses sometimes is a resto druid so it would be a direct replacement)

If we're talking super serious, Enhancement and WW will both cover roughly the same number of Niche situations in the same facets in 6.2.

If you want to select a melee that will unquestionably fit into every single fight & will remain strong, then there is only one choice for agility, and that is Rogue. If you like Enhancement, and put the effort in, you will be viable in all but the worst situations, same goes for WW, they all sit in the same mixing pool at the bottom. For reference:

Rogue > DK >= Feral > [Paladin = Warrior = Shaman = Monk]

Obviously, don't take this as gospel but this is how it currently feels come 6.2; though numbers are still in flux now we have the trinkets & set bonuses in testing which is actually proving very interesting.

Thanks Wordup,
    I think the RL and I have made a joint decision.
    Since I have the time and we have no other mail users in the guild this is what we are going to do.
    Keep the Shaman as a alt, Making is primary spec Resto. (this will allow for healers missing)
    Go druid and spec feral/boomkin depending on the fight. (also works since we have no leather wears other than resto druid)

This will allow me to keep getting gear on both toons easily as well as provide the most versatility for the raid group we believe.
    (this has the added benefit of always having a toon I can heal and run LFR on with my girlfriend until she is ready to join raids)