Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Teacher Who Had Students Write Get-Well Letters to Cop Killer Fired

http://www.newsmax.com/US/new-jersey.../13/id/644471/
    A suspended New Jersey teacher has been fired for assigning her third-grade students to write get-well letters to convicted police killer Mumia Abu-Jamal.

First-year Forest Street Elementary School teacher Marylin Zuniga, in Orange, N.J., was booted by the school board early Wednesday, Superintendent Ronald Lee told NJ.com Wednesday, without elaboration.

Her lawyer, Alan Levine, lashed out at the firing, saying school officials had "abdicated their responsibility to the community and to the children of the school district," and lamenting the loss of "a teacher that everybody agreed was a remarkable teacher."
    I think she could have found a less controversial person to write letters too...

Sounds like the school did the right thing.

Sounds like the teacher would have to have some incredible explanation as to why this was a good thing for her students to justify keeping her job. Something more convincing than having students write to somebody they wouldn't normally, cuz any inmate would have done it (even another violent one i guess but ya know, 3rd graders) but it didn't need to be a cop killer.

It's too bad nobody put a bullet in her.

Stupid people don't deserve jobs.
    "You six-piece Chicken McNobody."
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH816 View Post
    You are a legend thats why.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Beat me to it Tradewind.

10+ Year Old Account
    So much hate in this thread.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

7+ Year Old Account
    Stupidity is growing too fast......anyone wanna come with me to Mars?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandrace View Post
    Stupidity is growing too fast......anyone wanna come with me to Mars?
    I call top bunk.

Next up, school kids sending "sorry for your loss" letters to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev for his brother and flowers to Hitler's grave. Ms. Chilton's 4th grade class chipped in and mailed a "hang in there!" kitty poster to Kim Jong Un.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tradewind View Post
    Next up, school kids sending "sorry for your loss" letters to Dzhokhar Tsarnaev for his brother and flowers to Hitler's grave. Ms. Chilton's 4th grade class chipped in and mailed a "hang in there!" kitty poster to Kim Jong Un.
    knock on wood.....knock on wood...OH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY KNOCK ON WOOD!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    We heard that your defense minister tripped on some bullets. Sorry for your loss!

knock on wood.....knock on wood...OH FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THAT IS HOLY KNOCK ON WOOD!!!
    Could be worse, the 3rd grade class is sending Macaroni figurines to Boko Haram.

10+ Year Old Account
    You just compared someone who shot a cop to two people who orchestrated mass murders (either of their own people or of others) and one who incited a terrorist act. Congrats, Tradewind. You just achieved a new rank, as if it couldn't get any lower already.
    "Why of course the people don't want war…. But, after all… it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country."

what a scumbag teacher. she deserves to be fired and much more

Quote Originally Posted by Mrbleedinggums View Post
    You just compared someone who shot a cop to two people who orchestrated mass murders (either of their own people or of others) and one who incited a terrorist act. Congrats, Tradewind. You just achieved a new rank, as if it couldn't get any lower already.
    You've been here long enough to know that I am intentionally absurd because it's fun. I take none of this shit seriously, it's all just beyond stupid.

Besides idk what I did for you to take shit so personally.
    Last edited by Tradewind; 2015-05-14 at 07:12 PM.

Fired?
    Next time FIRE at her.

7+ Year Old Account
    You've been here long enough to know that I am intentionally absurd because it's fun. I take none of this shit seriously, it's all just beyond stupid.
    And that is why I am planning a trip to Mars, stupidity is spreading like a disease!

I dont know what is scarrier , this teacher asked the kids to send letters to a killer or that she is a teacher. >.>

And that is why I am planning a trip to Mars, stupidity is spreading like a disease!
    Quickly, before the kids start a collection fund to send Whitey Bulger a fuckin Ice Cream Cake.