Page 1 of 16
... LastLast
    Deleted

Nigerian restaurant allegedly served human meant.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...e-9123693.html

Well if it's true, I guess you are what you eat huh? I guess some of those people might lose their heads over this.

Human meant?! What's this world coming to?!

But seriously, that is very morbid and I'm glad the place got shut down but if this is true, they may not be the first or last restaurant to do this.

Is this where all those misisng girls went?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    We only burn oil in this house! Oil that comes from decent, god-fearing sources like dinosaurs! Which didn't exist!

10+ Year Old Account
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVI6pGfHB2c (yes, I know it's before they started chopping people up, but oh well)

But ya, that's pretty disturbing. Both that there are people who were doing this, and that there appears to be a market out there for this kind of thing.

Had guns too, owned by mobsters?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stop Pretending View Post
    Is this where all those misisng girls went?
    Well that certainly gives "I want a piece of that ass" and "she's looking tasty" a completely new meaning...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eVI6pGfHB2c (yes, I know it's before they started chopping people up, but oh well)

But ya, that's pretty disturbing. Both that there are people who were doing this, and that there appears to be a market out there for this kind of thing.
    Apparently not all the customers actually knew about it from other articles, so others were served it unwittingly. Might've just been a convenient way to get rid of the bodies while also profiting from it as these people seemed to be criminals in general.

Giving new meaning to the phrase eat my dick.

Deleted
    I wonder if partys where charge per meal or per head ?

Chelly
    Did it taste like chicken?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Chicken tastes like everything, im wondering if it tasted like a cheeky nando's

Bloodsail Admiral
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chelly View Post
    Humans (long pork) are supposed to taste more like pork according to cannibals that tried.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It actually doesn't. Mythbusters did an episode on this.
    I'd imagine the saying that chicken tastes like everything comes from it being such a neutral meat that you can dress it up anywhere you want. I'll have to look up that mythbusters though, sounds pretty interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saw this in another piece about it. Local priest seems more upset about the cost!

A priest who ate at the restaurant was alarmed when presented with a bill of 700 Naira, or roughly $3.50 (Tens of millions of people in Nigeria subsist on less than $1 a day). "The attendant noticed my reaction and told me it was the small piece of meat I had eaten that made the bill scale that high," he said. "I did not know I had been served with human meat, and that it was that expensive.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Algathor View Post
    Giving new meaning to the phrase eat my dick.

Song is based on this insanity..
    http://www.theguardian.com/world/200...ny.lukeharding
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Was it albino? I hear albino brings good luck.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Korgoth View Post
    Saw this in another piece about it. Local priest seems more upset about the cost!
    That is one concern to have yes, not the one i would focus on but, it is a valid concern.
    Incidentally, I am just not reaffirming my policy of never setting foot in Africa, again.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    It's Africa, can't say I'm too shocked.

[Infracted]
    Is something removed from this post, or is this infraction worthy now? :s Africa is pretty known to have instances of cannibalism in modern times.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Is something removed from this post, or is this infraction worthy now? :s Africa is pretty known to have instances of cannibalism in modern times.
    Look who done it, should give you the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    Hush Revi!

Quote Originally Posted by Explosive Anarchist View Post
    Africa's culture is far richer and deserves more respect than that.
    But is it not still true?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Explosive Anarchist View Post
    Africa's culture is far richer and deserves more respect than that.
    Nah its the truth its only respectfull to keep it at that without whitewashing.

The circumstances are dire enough and people still look away.