Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Archimonde Heroic PTR first looks - Video

What are people's thoughts so far of this fight after tonight's testing?

Below is the link to my guild's longest try while testing.
    Last edited by Blackfan; 2015-05-16 at 12:07 AM.

Well isn't he all in all a crap boss for and endboss? Does he even stand near LK, Ragnaros or Lei shen?
    He was almost taken down at ptr, and mechanics seem rather simplistic.
    And I guess, that blizz are goin to spoil everything on mythic because of their idiotic habit not to implement ANY new mechanics, abilities for a boss. Nope, they'll just make: "yep, he'll keep casting doomfire and spires and bursts in other phases and that's it. Yeah, no more abilities, that's it!
    And did anyone notice that they are too similar. Just "deals damage to all players". Used at least 3 times.
    And where the damn hell are his signature moves - finger of death, soul charge?
    Last edited by Explorer; 2015-05-16 at 09:04 AM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know. I think it will be a lot more epic when all of the voice files, etc are put in. It's also likely that some small things are missing from the heroic encounter in order to keep the ending secret just a bit longer. From the looks of that video Gul'dan is in the Black Portal channeling it while Yrel, Grom and Khadgar are assisting the raid. Aside from attacking, as it stands only Yrel has anything to do with the encounter, at least from the dungeon journal.

The encounter looks visually fantastic in my opinion, and seems to flow very well. Just because something was nearly taken down really doesn't mean a whole lot, it's just a matter of numbers and the fact that most of the things in the encounter seemed to work speaks volumes of the encounter itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer View Post
    Well isn't he all in all a crap boss for and endboss? Does he even stand near LK, Ragnaros or Lei shen?
    Bosses are always undertuned on PTR so they can be properly tested.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfKnees View Post
    Bosses are always undertuned on PTR so they can be properly tested.
    Heroic Blackhand PTR would like to have a word with you.

No one was able to make it to phase 3 without exploits. Not even method/paragon/blood legion. Only kill was by some Asian guild who exploited somehow with insane ilvl scaling so somehow people were able to do around ~200k- 300k dps.

Method killed Archimonde with less than an hour worth of testing. Disappointing.
    Last edited by mmoc501b0a44de; 2015-05-16 at 10:31 AM.

The fight was very good.

Well tuned imo. Most guilds were doing it with 4 set on all raiders and the Archimonde trinkets which won't be available the first time you do him

I honestly thought the fight was great though. Wish the NPCs played more of a role though

10+ Year Old Account
    He was almost taken down at ptr
    Sco from method posted a screenshot of him dead. so they did kill him

EDIT: https://twitter.com/Methodsco/status/599335278038351873

Deleted
    Nice fight environment...
    Firelands with green fire zzzzzz

Deleted
    I liked it, granted the group was mostly pugs and we only got to like 75%. We were also like 25 people and we kept falling behind on the adds.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2015-05-16 at 12:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like it. Its reminiscent of what Archimonde could do in Wc3... though, I wish Rain of Chaos was actually a meteor storm of infernals *cough maybe mythic cough* But he summons a bunch of adds (demonic gateway), and he does a shit ton of other stuff.

I actually like it more than the blackhand fight, though blackhand had quite a few bugs when it came out on live that made me hate it... me being a warlock, falling to my death was not fun. it has 4 distinct phases (the twisting nether included).

Our 11% attempt, shows the burn phase where the internals come down.

Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post

Weird - he pulled rain of chaos at about 15%, though should have at 25% according to dungeon journal. Did you find him really challenging?
    As it seemed heroic Blackhand seemed way harder.
    For now it seems a total failure to me. Such a figure, endboss of tier\expansion - that simple? Mythic could make it better, but we can say a thing or two about mythic looking from heroic.
    If they still have any wish to make him epic, they must add at list +1 ability per phase, make heroic abilities stromner, more abilities for adds etc, and add one more phase, that's the least what coul save the boss from such a shame.

Weird - he pulled rain of chaos at about 15%, though should have at 25% according to dungeon journal. Did you find him really challenging?
    For now it seems a total failure to me. Such a figure, endboss of tier\expansion - that simple? Mythic could make it better, but we can say a thing or two about mythic looking from heroic.
    If they still have any wish to make him epic, they must add at list +1 ability per phase, make heroic abilities stromner, more abilities for adds etc, and add one more phase, that's the least what coul save the boss from such a shame.
    They won't have to add too many abilities, just make the ones there have a bigger impact on the fight and some mythic twists to some of them so we have some unforgivable mechanics.

Deleted
    Fight was pretty meh

Right now damage from abilities is very undertuned outside of fel burst, which was really the only thing in that fight that could kill you. Add hp in the last phase on portals/infernals was very low. With the right tuning this fight will be great. The abilities just need to be far more punishing post phase 1.

- - - Updated - - -

And I guess, that blizz are goin to spoil everything on mythic because of their idiotic habit not to implement ANY new mechanics, abilities for a boss. Nope, they'll just make: "yep, he'll keep casting doomfire and spires and bursts in other phases and that's it. Yeah, no more abilities, that's it!
    And did anyone notice that they are too similar. Just "deals damage to all players". Used at least 3 times.
    Finger of death was only casted as a raid wiper and Soul Charge would definitely not work in this day and age. I mean I guess Finger was his WC signature move but I don't think there's a fair implementation they could think of with that.
    Last edited by Jetjaguar; 2015-05-17 at 05:39 AM.

It was not very challenging once we got an idea of what to do, but expect that all the damage and amount of mechanics to be undertuned for testing reasons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are Air Burst + Tears included in his skills set?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naux View Post

looks like a fun encounter. i'm sure blizz will do some parses on it to make it more challenging.
    Hi

Deleted
    Mechanics were undertuned on purpose, they won't be easy on mythic. Also additional phase on mythic.