Poll: Enable transmogrification so that daggers can look like swords?

Make it possible to transmogrificate daggers to look like one-handed swords

Why not when you can make clubs look like axes and vice versa?

Please make it happen Blizzard.

Axes and Swords use the same animations, Daggers and Swords do not.

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Here is what I would do if I were a programmer at Blizzard: use the animation of what the weapon is transmogrificated into.

Simple, no?

Yes then I can use Dagger of Blazing Radiance and Xmog it to Blade of Wizardry.

I think all things logical for the class/weapon should be transmoggable. Warriors can transmog Mage-y looking staves yet I can't transmog a dagger on my caster to something a little more prominent like a big 1H sword.
    And I would love to be able to transmog fist weapons into swords/daggers and vice versa.
    Mount Count: 378. Newest addition: Arcadian War Derple
    Pet Count: 859 (678 at Max Level)
    (Last updated 21st July 2017)
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iniegun/simple

The problem is stabbing with axes and maces.
    Even though the animations can change to whatever you transmog it to, yes they already do that, an ability that does a stab animation will still do a stab animation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amalaric View Post
    Here is what I would do if I were a programmer at Blizzard: use the animation of what the weapon is transmogrificated into.

Simple, no?
    I think part of the problem comes from abilities that have unusual animations, like Mutilate being designed to only work with double daggers.

I don't know if they could ignore or counter these issues, but I'll be honest, as someone who only plays a rogue as Assassination, I'd like to be able to mog to different weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    I think part of the problem comes from abilities that have unusual animations, like Mutilate being designed to only work with double daggers.

I don't know if they could ignore or counter these issues, but I'll be honest, as someone who only plays a rogue as Assassination, I'd like to be able to mog to different weapons.
    Honestly, if you go to wowhead and give a rogue some swords, and choose the mutilate animation, it really doesn't look bad at all.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

7+ Year Old Account
    I'd like to see Fists and Daggers share the same weapon class. Giving assassination rogues more options than just daggers.

I think it is pretty reasonable to throw your firsts around at the same range and speed as a dagger. Rather than a sword.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    Honestly, if you go to wowhead and give a rogue some swords, and choose the mutilate animation, it really doesn't look bad at all.
    Was just a random example, there probably are more, I don't know. I do know I'd like more than just daggers. Fist weapons and axes are my personal desires.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Staff, Polearm and 2H Sword/Mace isn't the same either, yet you can Mog them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeGee View Post
    Staff, Polearm and 2H Sword/Mace isn't the same either, yet you can Mog them.
    It's more ability animations. Because warriors have been able to use all 2 handers, all their abilities had to be animated for each weapon. Same for Paladins and Death Knights (aside from staves). Though I imagine the stave animations are a direct copy of polearm animations.

Assassin and Sub rogues would ONLY use daggers, so their abilities only had to be animated with daggers in mind, which could get a bit iffy if you introduce other weapons into it.

You've seen people complain when a helm slightly clips a characters hair or face or something, imagine the shitstorm that would spawn if weapon animations (things you can actually see) went dodgy.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dixincide View Post
    I'd like to see Fists and Daggers share the same weapon class. Giving assassination rogues more options than just daggers.

I think it is pretty reasonable to throw your firsts around at the same range and speed as a dagger. Rather than a sword.
    If that were to happen, shamans would have to be able to use swords to balance the amount of weapons for enhance, which I wouldn't be complaining about.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it