Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    ITs definately doable, but it can be difficult.

Quote Originally Posted by Antefex View Post
    MusclePharm combat - Chocolate or Gold Standard Cappuccino are by far the best ive tasted, and ive been around the block a few times.
    A million times this.

Also. Protein Shakes are very key to strong muscle development if you workout often. Sure, you can get your required protein through meals, but protein shakes after a workout can be a delicious and very quick method of protein delivery which is crucial for muscle recovery and growth.

ALSO.

if you really are looking for effectiveness in products, get used to things tasting a little bland. Sometimes the best products, or the most protein dense i should say, aren't going to taste great for the first while.

Deleted
    Try smoothies and mix in some protein

Deleted
    NET Integratori. It's an italian brand, but they have the best taste of protein!

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    So far the only one I've tried that tastes decent and works well is Muscle Milk in Chocolate.

Quote Originally Posted by Kezotar View Post
    Stay away from protein powder. If you absolutely want to take a shake, use gainers. Protein Powder /Shakes are terrible.
    The high protein powder only makes you go way past the protein limit your body even handles. And guess what happens. Nothing. You shit it out. Or it turns to fat.
    And there's absolutely no power behind that. However the "Gainer" has shitloads of carbs.

Unless you're on a strict "Diet" where you have limited sources of food, never go for a protein shakes over gainers.
    Hitting proteins is not hard, it's making sure you use your nutritions right, and don't overload with proteins however sort them out.

And proteins rarely have any carbs or fat, if any at all. While Gainers? Shitloads of them, and guess what. A lot of proteins (30%).
    What in the fuck are you talking about? That is probably the worst advice I've seen on MMO-C to date.

Double Rich Chocolate Whey Gold with some 1% milk is genuinely delicious. I enjoy it.

I use dymatize mega gainer--2 scoops in 15 oz of 1% milk with a little bit of chocolate syrup.

Just drink normal Milk (from cows). Chocolate milk is amazing after working out too. You don't need any protein powder, trust me, you can easily get the protein you need from a normal diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrien View Post
    Just drink normal Milk (from cows). Chocolate milk is amazing after working out too. You don't need any protein powder, trust me, you can easily get the protein you need from a normal diet.
    OR I can take a protein powder and get three times the protein for the same amount of calories :P

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Hi, I'm looking for a protein powder that doesn't taste like poop when mixed with water or almond milk. I keep forgetting to use the protein powder I have, and I think it's in part due to taste.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    I have spent my life in pursuit of the very question you ask. After strife, hardships, depression, and doubt...I come to you with the answer.

(1) Buy Gold Standard Whey Protein - Strawberry
    (2) Watch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
    (3) Drink

Quote Originally Posted by Karaoke View Post
    I have spent my life in pursuit of the very question you ask. After strife, hardships, depression, and doubt...I come to you with the answer.

(1) Buy Gold Standard Whey Protein - Strawberry
    (2) Watch - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXsQAXx_ao0
    (3) Drink
    *thumbs up* thank you sir.

Optimum Nutrition Platinum is better protein:calorie ratio. Costco sells it marked differently, but it's the same stuff.
    Promethèus - Blackrock - US

Hi, I'm looking for a protein powder that doesn't taste like poop when mixed with water or almond milk. I keep forgetting to use the protein powder I have, and I think it's in part due to taste.

Anyone have any suggestions?
    Why are you using almond milk and water?
    Why don't you use fat free regular milk?

Anyway, the absolute tastiest protein powder I've ever had is Cookies and Cream Dymatize (but I always use milk, not water).
    It's ridiculously good, tastes better than the shitty shakes at Mcdonalds.

- - - Updated - - -

OR I can take a protein powder and get three times the protein for the same amount of calories :P
    You can't use protein powder for your entire daily protein needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Yokohama View Post
    Why are you using almond milk and water?
    Why don't you use fat free regular milk?

Anyway, the absolute tastiest protein powder I've ever had is Cookies and Cream Dymatize (but I always use milk, not water).
    It's ridiculously good, tastes better than the shitty shakes at Mcdonalds.

- - - Updated - - -

You can't use protein powder for your entire daily protein needs.
    I am lactose intolerant and I SUPPLEMENT my protein intake with protein powders...I don't know anyone who relies on protein powders for the bulk of their diet...:/

I am lactose intolerant and I SUPPLEMENT my protein intake with protein powders...I don't know anyone who relies on protein powders for the bulk of their diet...:/
    Trust me, these people exist.

It's fine if you need to supplement it, however, I need to ask - if you're lactose intolerant, doesn't whey bother your stomach?
    Do you have to use ISO only or can you use concentrates?

Quote Originally Posted by Yokohama View Post
    Trust me, these people exist.

It's fine if you need to supplement it, however, I need to ask - if you're lactose intolerant, doesn't whey bother your stomach?
    Do you have to use ISO only or can you use concentrates?
    For some reason, no...but I can eat some low-lactose dairy products without issue or very minor issues. Certain cheeses, like cheddar, are fine....whole cream is OK on my system in very small amounts (I can put it in my coffee). Brie, some yogurts, milk, ice cream = bad news.

I feel kindof wimpy talking about my diet restrictions, lol. But I do feel better when I avoid high lactose stuff, far fewer issues in the digestive area.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeebs View Post
    I like optimum nutrition double chocolate and banana cream.
    This. I have used the Double Chocolate for a while and it tastes great. The less water you use (usually minimum of 8oz for me) the more chocolatey it tastes; doesn't taste bad at all. Currently I use the Muscle Milk chocolate (cheaper per scoop at Costco) and I honestly don't like it quite as much, but it still doesn't taste too bad.

I had another brand that was cookies & cream flavored (Can't recall brand, but the can was black and neon green) but it was disgustingly sweet - I couldn't keep drinking it. It was really a struggle to finish that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Celesse View Post
    This. I have used the Double Chocolate for a while and it tastes great. The less water you use (usually minimum of 8oz for me) the more chocolatey it tastes; doesn't taste bad at all. Currently I use the Muscle Milk chocolate (cheaper per scoop at Costco) and I honestly don't like it quite as much, but it still doesn't taste too bad.

I had another brand that was cookies & cream flavored (Can't recall brand, but the can was black and neon green) but it was disgustingly sweet - I couldn't keep drinking it. It was really a struggle to finish that one.
    Sounds like musclepharm combat powder you're referring to at the end there.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Star Nutrition's Whey-80 with chocolate flavour tastes pretty good, as long as you mix it with milk (no idea about almond milk, though ;<) instead of water. I also like to add a bit of cocoa.
    Last edited by meekus; 2015-11-19 at 09:34 AM.