Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

How do you psych your self for gym?

Like me this morning, I watched CSI: Cyber S2E2 and the amount of SJW pissed me off so much that I had a great workout releasing that energy. Now i'm calm as a Sunday morning. What about you guys?

I usually drink my pre workout and listening to some music that gets me pumped, works for me!

meditation, self discipline, self motivation, mental imagery, and making sure I 'feel' it

Discipline really. Sometimes i don't feel like going because of one reason or another but force myself to go anyway because, discipline.
    Not driving your car to keep the miles off is like not fucking your girlfriend to keep her fresh for the next guy

Waking up at 5:30am so I can go to the gym before work.

I really, really want to get back into bed right now, especially because it's so frigging cold.
    I guess I'll know at around 7:30am that it was the right decision. I have the evening to myself and I feel nice and energised ready for the day ahead.

Determination to meet your goals. That's what I put it down to

I go at night and already work a physical job 10 hrs a day, still end up going for an hour a half at night to do weights and my cardio. Some days I don't feel like going but I go anyway and even if its a bad workout at least i'm working out and I end up feeling better afterwards knowing that instead of sitting at home watching shows on my PC for that time I actually did something to better myself and get to my goals faster.

My husband motivates me. Even on days that I don't feel so great I go anyway because I always feel so much better, physically and mentally.

10+ Year Old Account
    I frequent reddit/r/brogress and reddit/r/gainit. I've been trying to gain weight (healthy like) the last few years.

As someone who gets a LOT of flack from his friends (I was the only underweight person in a group of friends that averaged overweight) about trying to put on the weight it helps me to hear/see the progress of people who are having the same issues.

You've gotta surround yourself with positive determination. If all you ever hear is negatives you'll stop. Find something you want to strive for and make that your motivation.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

Eventually you'll just be capable of getting right into it without that "pre-workout" mindset. That just comes with the frequency of going to the gym. When I first started though I use to watch fight videos; stuff like would get me all hyped up. Be warned, you'll probably start shadowboxing and mentally creating fight scenarios - but to my extent it does work. Now I just simply enjoy good music; basically my playlists start with tranquil music for my stretching and by the time I'm in my music I'll have something strong, upbeat, and "inspiring" to an extent.

Quote Originally Posted by Kings Road View Post
    Waking up at 5:30am so I can go to the gym before work.

I really, really want to get back into bed right now, especially because it's so frigging cold.
    I guess I'll know at around 7:30am that it was the right decision. I have the evening to myself and I feel nice and energised ready for the day ahead.

Determination to meet your goals. That's what I put it down to
    I used to get up at 3:30am so i could go to the gym, come back, have breakfast and shower up before work. When winter started to roll in, i gave up and had to do other things (but still did them at home as best I could).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Oh motivation to go the gym?

Go stand in front of a mirror for like 20 minutes and point out everything wrong about you. You'll be sprinting to the gym.

Motivational Quote:

"Wake up and tell yourself everyday that you're a fat fucking retard." - some dude who was ripped as fuck on bodybuilding.com

I take a look into the mirror

That's enough

I brought the gym to my house.

When I take a long look at myself in the mirror I say fuck it and order a pizza...

I just wake up at 4:30am and go to the gym before work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Start to have a wank and when your just about to come STOP! and then put your pants back on and say to yourself NO! NOT UNTIL WE GO TO THE GYM AND DO A GOOD WORKOUT!

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of cups of strong, black coffee and I'm good to go!

Also
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne25uk View Post
    Start to have a wank and when your just about to come STOP! and then put your pants back on and say to yourself NO! NOT UNTIL WE GO TO THE GYM AND DO A GOOD WORKOUT!
    I'm gonna have to try this.

10+ Year Old Account
    I hold my love handles and remind myself how many women have passed me up in the last 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    I do not have enough hands to apply enough palms to my face.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by meekus View Post
    I'm gonna have to try this.
    I know right? That seems like it'd be pretty effective lol.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    Donut...stick...string..you get the picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Look at pictures of when i was over 350lbs.