Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Kael'thas appreciation thread

Jesus fuck, I haven't had this much fun in a long while.

Looking at my poor enemies as they futilely try to flee the OP boulder of doom and glory is hilarious.

Its funny when KT uses that on me as Chen, and all I do is drink through the damage.... WHAT PYROBLAST?

In all seriousness though, if the enemy hasn't got a defensive cooldown to negate it, they're pretty much losing a lot of health.

10+ Year Old Account
    I just sigh every time I see an enemy stealth hero because I know I'm not gonna have any fun.

My favorite part of Kael'thas is making Illidan my bitch because fuck Illidan.

is aoe is just insane, I do laugh at all the kaels winding up pyro on something 100% life then dying before it gets off.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    I just sigh every time I see an enemy stealth hero because I know I'm not gonna have any fun.
    Murky, Nova, Zeratul and Abathur have got to be the most fun crushing heroes to play against. Even when you're winning they still make the game boring for you. Especially Murky as a squishy assasin

Really dig his kit. I like how they have a Fire Mage and Frost Mage now with Jaina and him.

I wonder if they will do the Diablo Wizard/Sorceress for an Arcane/Lightning caster.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Really dig his kit. I like how they have a Fire Mage and Frost Mage now with Jaina and him.

I wonder if they will do the Diablo Wizard/Sorceress for an Arcane/Lightning caster.
    The Wizard will probably have a mix. Khadgar will probably be the arcane mage.

Hell yeah Khadgar. Or Azshara. Or Medivh.

All of 'em work.

Millhouse Manastorm for Arcane Mage 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Millhouse Manastorm for Arcane Mage 2015.
    His ultimate should be "Impending DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!"
    There is a thin line between not knowing and not caring, and I like to think that I walk that line every day.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    Murky, Nova, Zeratul and Abathur have got to be the most fun crushing heroes to play against. Even when you're winning they still make the game boring for you. Especially Murky as a squishy assasin
    Fucking Murky. Put bombs on him and he's all LOL NOPE and bubbles and suddenly I have no damage =(
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

He's an absolute blast to play as, and Verdant Spheres is a surprisingly versatile trait. I find myself using all of them (flamestrike sparingly) in a game on average, although Living Bomb is the true star. This ability is what makes Kael ridiculously fun.

I see people calling for nerfs a lot, but after about 80-100 (i forget the number, just finished a fair few this morning) games as him I have to say that I feel like he's really well-balanced. The fact that some heroes like the aforementioned Nova and Zeratul make it imperative to put basically everyone around you and you're extremely vulnerable to poke damage with your pathetically low health and have no escape until level 20. After a lot of testing I really just don't feel like his 16 defensive combined with level 1 mana talent is worth the tradeoff for a fairly average defensive. If we were talking about something like Ice Block for Jaina or even a Sprint I'd be tempted, but Flamestrike bomb feels like a core of his kit and allows him to start his teamkilling bomb chain even more effectively.

Also, I'm really glad they got Kael'thas' old voice back for HotS. It makes me hopeful Kel'thuzad will have his original voice as well (if he didn't, I'd have some questions because it's the same one as Uther...)

Also, this game is going to get confusing when we have Kael'thas and Kel'thuzad both.
    Last edited by Irian; 2015-05-17 at 01:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeches View Post
    I love Murky on Kael. Free GP stacks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I love Murky on Kael. Free GP stacks.
    Murky's who are actually good will negate all your damage and murder you esp after Octo Grab. Bubble is king vs Kael
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    Murky's who are actually good will negate all your damage and murder you esp after Octo Grab. Bubble is king vs Kael
    If you're laning against him, you can LB him twice between every bubble CD. Kael does so much damage that he pretty much has to bubble every single spell which means you can kill him with whatever spells you have left after that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kael'thas proves that Blood Elves are the master race.

-Credit to Mythriz for the signature and avatar!

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post

I expect guldan-fel, nerzul-shadow, Kahdgar-arcane, along random elemental shaman from earthen ring

Quote Originally Posted by Number Eighteen View Post
    Kael'thas proves that Blood Elves are the master race.
    Flamboyant and easy to penetrate?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm loving KT. I laugh so much when my bombs spread to the whole team and they run away only to die.