Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    [QUOTE=Athridon;34003900]ROFL LOL 20% damage nerf OMG WHAT AM I READING?! What braindead dumby would just make up this number and post this gabbage! (gabbage as in mauk walbugg from the movie the DEPAUTED and this person I am quoting is RETUADED!)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gasper View Post
    I find it hard to play casters after playing hunter. Awesome Pets, Quick resummon if dead, cast while moving, great mobility.

Trying to play any caster feels like a really dumb decision... Anyone else having this issue or have a solution?[/QUOTE
    TalentsA Murder of Crows*now deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets.Barrage*now deals only 80% of normal damage against player-controlled targets. Additionally, the ability no longer hits invisible or*

From a PvE standpoint:

I would say this is a common response to hunters because indeed, hunters are too good for average/bad players when comparing to other classes. A poor player is going to be much more penalized as another caster than a hunter - its fairly easy to pull OK DPS as a hunter; much easier than other classes.

Hunters are in a decent spot, and likely what the devs aim for each class at the top levels. Like all classes, there are many small things that can be done to min/max DPS. The only part in which they may be considered OP is their utility such as fox chaining, soaking with det etc... and we know whats happening in 6.2 with that.

Look at 95th percentile for mythic:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7# Hunters are #8 for classes, #9 for specs
    Moving down to 40th:
    https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/7#dataset=40 Hunters have moved up to #4

You can see this trend on Single Target such as Gruul as well as AoE fights.

Swap it to heroic and hunters dominate (they also benefit from shorter fight length / around intervals of 5 min)
    Last edited by Teucer; 2015-05-24 at 12:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    Then you can give us defensive abilities and self healing to compensate, right? I think you might be a bit salty.
    Pretty sure that hunter self healing is among the most frustrating in the game whenever you're outside of 3v3 or RBGs. It's never fun to see a target get away at 1% health, pillar hump you with no real way of getting on them (if they're decent) while their pet just kills you and they heal to full.

Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Pretty sure that hunter self healing is among the most frustrating in the game whenever you're outside of 3v3 or RBGs. It's never fun to see a target get away at 1% health, pillar hump you with no real way of getting on them (if they're decent) while their pet just kills you and they heal to full.
    How is that exclusive to Hunters?

Quote Originally Posted by spiattalo View Post
    No we aren't? SV is getting nerfed to the ground overall, and a couple talents are getting nerfed in PvP only, but I don't see where that 20% is coming from.
    He's talking about the 20% damage reduction for Crows and Barrage in PvP

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zypherz View Post
    Oh, I'm sorry that you can't handle 2% of max hp every 2 seconds. I guess you don't have any DoTs, then?
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    This is just ridiculous, just list all the other casters benefits and that "hunter OPness" is nothing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noocta View Post
    He's talking about the 20% damage reduction for Crows and Barrage in PvP
    Which doesn't by any means translate in a 20% nerf to hunters.

Well I have too say I have many alts (Casters as melee annoys me being so close to targets) and Hunter is the only one that ignites that spark within me. I guess it is my CLASS, I do enjoy Fire Mage, Shadow Priest and Ele Shaman but I get excited when shooting arrows. Too bad SV is below useful.
    Howl to the stars wishing I could be one....

Quote Originally Posted by Trimshadow View Post
    Hunters are fine - Blizzard's decision to nerf every caster's mobility was a shitty one at best... if anything, ALL ranged should be able to do a complete rotation while moving (just like melee can), but ALL casters (including Hunters) should be penalised in some way for doing so - whether a damage reduction or cast time increase is the penalty for moving /shrug
    That's a terrible idea. The point of melee is to be able to dps on the move. Hunter is the one unique class out of 11 that bridges that gap.

Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    That's a terrible idea. The point of melee is to be able to dps on the move. Hunter is the one unique class out of 11 that bridges that gap.
    Yes and it's why so many Hunters are out there - currently the most played class - people play things not just because of their 'uniqueness' it also has to do with fun - and many people 'HATE' interupting a cast to have to move - and I wasn't saying penalise melee at all - but saying casters should be able to cast and move, just not do full damage while they do it... it's about feel, and fun, this is a game afterall.

Blademaster
    7+ Year Old Account
    The way I have seen it is as follows:

Each class has their uniqueness. Some get mobility and some get survivability and so on.
    And that makes each class fun. Learning how they work and honing your skills is what makes you a good player.
    Not because one class has something the other doesnt.

This whole thread is one big shit post.

Quote Originally Posted by Eroginous View Post
    Hunters should have zero cast while moving. They should also have their mobility nerfed into the ground.
    Gotta love it when the off-topic sub-humans leave their cave.
    Last edited by Finbezz; 2015-05-27 at 11:14 AM.
    Finbez
    Quote Originally Posted by eschatological
    if only WoW had come out when I was a teenager. Back then online gaming consisted of text-based MUDs....I could type "kill orc" faster than any of my competition, brosephs, and played a mean giantman cleric.

Yes and it's why so many Hunters are out there - currently the most played class - people play things not just because of their 'uniqueness' it also has to do with fun - and many people 'HATE' interupting a cast to have to move - and I wasn't saying penalise melee at all - but saying casters should be able to cast and move, just not do full damage while they do it... it's about feel, and fun, this is a game afterall.
    No, again that's a terrible idea. There is melee, there is casters. Casters have limited mobility, melee has awesome mobility, at the trade off that casters usually have an easier time at avoiding stuff where melee has to wade through shit sometimes to stay on the boss. Giving casters full mobility is a direct nerf to melee because melee becomes less valuable automatically. No. Just no.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Invrlose View Post
    No, again that's a terrible idea. There is melee, there is casters. Casters have limited mobility, melee has awesome mobility, at the trade off that casters usually have an easier time at avoiding stuff where melee has to wade through shit sometimes to stay on the boss. Giving casters full mobility is a direct nerf to melee because melee becomes less valuable automatically. No. Just no.
    Or, just make casters do vastly reduced damage while moving, but still be able to do something? Difficult concept, I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

from a pve perspective, I feel like hunters are very easy to pull decent numbers with less equip, but a good player in another other dps spec will still be able to pull higher numbers than a good hunter who understands their rotation.

i feel like right now hunters are in a really good spot as a dps smoothing mechanism. they compensate well for bad players in other dps roles but the really good players in other classes can outperform them.

Deleted
    I preff to play fire mage
    Why?
    Because i get beter than hunter mobility and insane damage
    I even start to think to roll mage
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2015-05-29 at 05:26 AM.

Deleted
    I think hunter is in a fine state atm, yes our damage is high but a good hunter will stand out by managing fervor properly i agree hunter movement is fairly strong but even with that they can still be beaten on meters by other players achieving high performance out of their specific class

10+ Year Old Account
    Hunters are fine - Blizzard's decision to nerf every caster's mobility was a shitty one at best... if anything, ALL ranged should be able to do a complete rotation while moving (just like melee can), but ALL casters (including Hunters) should be penalised in some way for doing so - whether a damage reduction or cast time increase is the penalty for moving /shrug
    Agreed. I would have either increased cast time while moving or reduced movement while casting. I don't mind a couple spells (especially really powerful spells) being forced to stand still for but I'll never understand why they gutted mobility this much.

when all casters had mobility in MoP no raid group took melee dps in pve...no RBG leader took melee dps in pvp. MoP was World of Casters and blizz nerfed mobility to change that.

hunters are still over the top of everyone else in that they have all of caster benefits but none of their weaknesses...thats a problem imho. bring back the hunter deadzone or make more signature shots a cast time.