Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Russia Threatens To Ban Facebook, Google And Twitter Unless Companies Turn Over Data

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_7423550.html

A further step was taken in Russia’s slow authoritarian regression on Friday after it was revealed Google, Facebook and Twitter would be banned by the regime unless they disclose user data in line with the country’s blogging laws.

Media watchdog Roskomnadzor contacted the technology giants to demand they comply with legislation that requires bloggers with more than 3,000 daily readers to register with the state. As such, Roskomnadzor has asked the companies to hand over details of Russian bloggers, as well as censor any content "recognised as extremist information" by the Moscow government.
    peaking to CNBC on Friday, Vadim Ampelonskiy, spokesman for Roskomnadzor, said: "Such correspondence is regular in dealing with foreign Internet companies. Usually after sending official requests and letters, we can see some positive movements and progress in communication. Roskomnadzor hopes this time all the companies will respond again and will fulfill those requirements, which were asked many times before.”

According to Reuters, Ampelonskiy warned that sites would be banned that did not comply with the rules. Critics are framing the latest crackdown on the Internet in Russia as part of Putin’s ongoing restrictions on freedom of speech. Recent changes in the law allow prosecutors to block websites detailing unauthorised protests without a court order.

Transparency reports fort the three technology firms show they have previously rejected most but not all of Russian requests for user data. It is unclear how each will respond to this latest demand.
    Uh Putin, you gotta pay for that stuff

10+ Year Old Account
    couldnt care less for facebook and twitter, fuck off from google tho

10+ Year Old Account
    But some people of questionable intelligence told me that Russian Freedom is the way forward and if you cherish anything then you should aspire to be like them.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

Oh look, it's Further North Korea again, up to its old antics.

Deleted
    OP, you posted Huffington Post.

Huffington Post.

and don't forget other great media like Daily Mail etc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    Oh look, it's Further North Korea again, up to its old antics.
    Huffington post reader spotted

10+ Year Old Account
    country’s blogging laws
    I laughed way too hard at this. XD

It's sad that a country is afraid of what it's people type.

Deleted
    The sites will listen, and then they'll actually pay their taxes.

...Oh wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grauniad is better, Owen Jones is a fucking moron however, but he didn't write this article so that's fine.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Go Russia! Keep going backwards.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draykorinee View Post
    Go Russia! Keep going backwards.
    Go Cold War! Keep going backwards.

I bet the true story is a bit different, but one can't trust Russophobic press.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Summerdrake View Post
    Go Cold War! Keep going backwards.

I bet the true story is a bit different, but one can't trust Russophobic press.
    You really ought to change your avatar if you want to be taken seriously in any discussion about Russia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revi View Post
    You really ought to change your avatar if you want to be taken seriously in any discussion about Russia.
    There are no polar bears in Norway, your avatar makes no sense, so I can't take you seriously.

I bet the true story is about security and it's really US whining that they want everyone elses security in US hands. It wasn't so long ago there was whine about Russia controlling its internet, probably nothing to do with US now n then shut down other countries internet?

I thought internet was supposed to belong to the world, not controlled by the US, silly me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Classic Russia, always taking a step down instead of up, when will putin ever learn and stop living in 1970-1980's
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog

Deleted
    I thought internet was supposed to belong to the world, not controlled by the US, silly me.
    To be fair when the yanks try to censor the net you also get people complaining about that.

They're developing a new search engine, calling it "Мы ищем вас".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Russia Threatens To Ban Facebook, Google And Twitter Unless Companies Turn Over Data
    Why don't they just steal it like the US government?

15+ Year Old Account
    There are no polar bears in Norway, your avatar makes no sense, so I can't take you seriously.
    If there was some sort of discussion about the objective superiority of polar bears vs. grizzlies, you might have a point.

Having an avatar of a Russian propaganda tool and coming into discussions to accuse other souces of bias is pretty rich..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Endonyx View Post
    Classic USA, always taking a step down instead of up, when will Washington ever learn and stop living in 1970-1980's
    Yes, I agree.

I bet it's a security issue.

True story is prob that Russia made it harder for US to create a color revolution next election in Russia,
    western reaction "waaah! waaah! freedumb! waaah!"

Infracted
    Last edited by Darsithis; 2015-05-23 at 04:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    This is like 1 year old news.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.