Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Is wowtcgloot.com legit?

I purchased a flag of ownership from them today, but I can't login to my email account because I forgot the password.

So I contacted support to tell them that I need the code that I bought to be emailed to my school email (one which i have access to).

Then, I try and login to wowtcgloot.com after contacting support, only to find the message "error: Username disabled". Now I can't login to the website at all.

So did I get scammed and banned from the website? Or are they a legit site and would get back to me about it?

Anyone have experience buying tcg loot?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not legit, you got scammed.

i have bought a couple of 'fun' items and didnt have any issues with them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    why do you say that? he will probably get an answer tomorrow. I didnt have any problems, though that was like 1 year ago.

Deleted
    Wowtcgloot is legit. I along with others I know buy from them quite often

But what's the most you've bought from them?

10+ Year Old Account
    I've bought 2 mounts, several pets, several vanity items. Not once had a problem. They are legit.

Deleted
    Probably 50 euros or so I think, not entirely sure. Theyre very well known though, I doubt they're trying to scam you

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used it before. It works. Try contacting again.

I get an error message which says "error: Username disabled" when I try and login. This must mean that I've been banned from the website.

Why would they do this?

- - - Updated - - -

gyazo. com /a5ca9763e695cde6a42536297ba60000

Heres what i mean

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Reposting the link for easy clicking. www.gyazo.com/a5ca9763e695cde6a42536297ba60000

Also, wowtcgloot.com is definitely a legitimate website. I believe it's the biggest, followed by wowlootcards.com. Have you received the support e-mail yet?
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you able to reset the password of your email address that you aren't able to log into? If not email them at contactus@wowtcgloot.com. There is a phone number listed as well but it states not to use that for support. I'm assuming what they can do is refund the money as them sending the code to an email address other than the one used for the account could be seemed as sketchy on their end.

10+ Year Old Account
    When you contacted support, what was their response?

I never buy anything unless it's on PlayerAuctions. It's practically scammer-proof.

I've sent one email from my school email, and one directly to them from my paypal account. No response from either yet.

What concerns me is that my account has been disabled for no reason at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's why I never use a school email. Admin can review it and control its inbound/outbound traffic.

If you just sent an email, wait for a response tomorrow. If not contact them again. Clear cache and cookies and try relogging.
    Last edited by Polybius; 2015-06-06 at 04:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    He in no way got scammed.....even if you are not familiar with the website you should at least read the facts in his post.

He created an account on the site and bought an item. But the email he used to create that account is one he doesn't know the password to. 100% his own fault. He contact the support for the website, asking them to email it to another address, which more than likely got his account flagged as a possible scammer. Not uncommon when you buy something digital and ask it be redelivered to a completely different email.

that hotfix was my bad Somarlane's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would give them time to process your actions. The account disable seems like it is a layer of protection against fraudulent requests for password reminders/resets.
    2021-09-21
    23:02 chelly: bobs and virginia

Quote Originally Posted by sediti0n View Post
    I've sent one email from my school email, and one directly to them from my paypal account. No response from either yet.

What concerns me is that my account has been disabled for no reason at all.
    Disclaimer: I don't work for them, nor know anyone there in person. That said, my guess would be your account is disabled until they can figure out what's going on at your end (in case you were hacked and the hacker was trying to scam -them-, for example).

Regarding the topic question, are they legit: I've spent at least $1200 with them over the years (honestly it's probably well north of that), and the only time I've ever had an issue was just after my realm got connected. Couldn't redeem one of my mount purchases, but that's an error on Blizzard's end regarding the way realms connect, not something wowtcgloot has any control over. The mount was eventually sent via in-game mail.

Quote Originally Posted by Slicer299 View Post
    He in no way got scammed.....even if you are not familiar with the website you should at least read the facts in his post.

He created an account on the site and bought an item. But the email he used to create that account is one he doesn't know the password to. 100% his own fault. He contact the support for the website, asking them to email it to another address, which more than likely got his account flagged as a possible scammer. Not uncommon when you buy something digital and ask it be redelivered to a completely different email.
    No...I provided them with the invoice of my transaction. I logged on to my paypal.com account, and contacted the vendor directly from there about sending the code to my school account. The transaction went through. It says I was charged, so how could they think it's a scam?

Quote Originally Posted by sediti0n View Post
    No...I provided them with the invoice of my transaction. I logged on to my paypal.com account, and contacted the vendor directly from there about sending the code to my school account. The transaction went through. It says I was charged, so how could they think it's a scam?
    By asking to send the code again to a different email. As a safety precaution your account was likely flagged until they finish confirming that its really you asking to make the change. You may have sent the invoice in your support request, but the request itself can trigger your account being flagged.