Page 51 of 59 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Makes me a bit sad when I see a game I want is a Daily Deal but it's the same price it's been the entire Summer Sale.
    "Oh, you know what? You could bitch about anything couldn't you?" - Leonard L. Church

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    So a friend is telling me that today is the last day of new deals; tomorrow will start the 48 hour encore sale, and then finish the sale.
    Wonder who that friend was? :P

But yeah, Steam Sale ends on Monday so the 48hr encore should start tomorrow morning at 10am PST. This means tonight's Flash Sales should be the last set of sales. So if you can wait till tomorrow morning you'll know for sure what to buy because it won't get any deeper.

Though Valve decided to run the Monster Sale Game till Monday as well so you have two additional days to increase your level on it.

Still thinking about nabbing Dragonball: Xenoverse. Has anyone gotten it and played it? If so, thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    Makes me a bit sad when I see a game I want is a Daily Deal but it's the same price it's been the entire Summer Sale.
    Ditto. Another disappointing sale if you ask me. I guess I already bought everything I was ever going to buy.

All Ive purchased so far Is Manhunter for 74 cents. I actually finished it so despite it being a low budget stuttering mess it was great FPS fun for 5 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    Yes, I know this, but that is to cover their but regarding VISA refunds and card refunds. It simply should not take as long if they are simply transferring funds back in house. Unless they are trying to hold on to it preventing you from purchasing said item at a lower price.

Tbh, seeing as it has taken them this long to even *get* a refund policy, I am not surprised if they are holding up or taking the mick as long as they can.

First question is how did you purchase it? With Steam Funds, Visa, PayPal, etc? If it's anything but Steam Funds then that's why as they refund the source back and recharge it and pay for Steam Funds internally so everything balances out on their end.

Also, if you find something on sale cheaper and you own it, then submit the refund request and at the same time buy the cheaper version so you know you don't miss out on it is one method. Sure it isn't ideal for some, but it's a failsafe for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobtar View Post
    That's how I felt about Lego Worlds. Normal price: $14.99 then the Lego Franchise has a sale, you click it and Lego Worlds is on the page. The discount 0%.

yeh. it is all I can think of now. The 7 days thing is just a "CYOA" thing. However, if you were to say contact Paypal after 3 days to ask how your refund is going, and they say they haven't received a request, you can initiate action, as it would mean the holder of the money is keeping it as long as possible. However, with a refund to Steam Wallet, how can we possibly know? Most likely they will hold onto it as long as possible .
    Actually you could initiate action, but it's not going to change anything. They have 7 days, according to their terms, to process and do the refund. They could do it on the 6th day and be fine since it usually takes less than 24hrs. Now if it's been 8 days and you contact them and nothing then you could initiate something and get something going.

Sucks really, won't stop me buying stuff as it isnit that big a deal, just seems a bit underhanded with all honesty.
    You have concocted this entire scenario based purely on your own speculation and then proceeded to get angry and pissed at Valve over your own imaginings. Absolutely incredible.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zurtle View Post
    You have concocted this entire scenario based purely on your own speculation and then proceeded to get angry and pissed at Valve over your own imaginings. Absolutely incredible.
    They said "it isn't that big of a deal", yet that translates to getting "angry and pissed"?

Quote Originally Posted by thewallofsleep View Post
    They said "it isn't that big of a deal", yet that translates to getting "angry and pissed"?
    Did you even read this thread? The guy made like 10 crying posts about it. He seems pretty upset to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here's hoping that Wolfenstein and Shadow of Mordor go on sale again for the encore tomorrow. Encore starts tomorrow, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucetia View Post
    Still thinking about nabbing Dragonball: Xenoverse. Has anyone gotten it and played it? If so, thoughts?
    I'm also staring at it.. if only it was 75% off -.-

Here's hoping that Wolfenstein and Shadow of Mordor go on sale again for the encore tomorrow. Encore starts tomorrow, right?
    As we mentioned to other's, this Shadows of Mordor Bundle is a better deal than Steam's: http://www.bundlestars.com/all-bundl...mordor-bundle/

Steam's is $24.99 for the base Game

Bundle Stars is $19.99 for the base Game + Season Pass

Quote Originally Posted by Aori View Post
    I'm also staring at it.. if only it was 75% off -.-
    Yeah, 75% off I would've for sure bought it. I might just buy it now as I usually limit myself to $100 during sales and only spent half that so I have some leeway and been interested in it. Though the Amazing Spiderman Franchise (Amazing Spiderman 1 + 2 + DLCs) for $20 doesn't look bad because I'm a sucker for those games (even if they may be bad). I mean I disliked the movies, but hoping the games could be different.

Deleted
    I see Folk Tale is one of the new flash sales. Don't recommend it at all. It looks like a cool concept if it ever releases but it has had very few significant updates since 2013 (I bought it on release, it was a mistake) and is still just a barebones skeleton of a game, albeit slightly more than when it released. It went into EA as a 1 hour demo without even the ability to save at $30, none of which was explained by the devs at the time.

At this point it is playable and the devs are clearly working on it and I'm glad there's progress, but it's still an alpha (version 0.3), not even a beta, with over 2 years of time having passed and I would strongly recommend just waiting until it releases - if it releases. I would say that this is one of the cases of an EA game done pretty badly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mark of the ninja and one finger death punch are the best games I e seen on sale so far.

Want to buy action henk sale!
    You're a towel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like I might get another room to 100 mill, nifty.

I kinda want the "get to 100 mill 5 times" badge to be real, but also recognise that seeing as an approximate maximum of 10 rooms (if that) will get to 100 mill, it's unlikely anyone would actually earn that badge. Getting 100 mill is gonna be rare enough as it is.

I kinda want some games to come back in the encore, that I want too, but know I probably shouldn't buy. Someone still owes me money sort of, and I wanted to use that money to buy them. Oh well, I need to play my game list down as is >.<

- - - Updated - - -

My purchases so far:

LEGO - The Hobbit
    The LEGO Movie Videogame Steam Store and Retail Key
    The Witcher: Enhanced Edition (ROW)
    Crysis Maximum Edition

Would consider adding Transistor and LEGO Batman 3 too.

I would pass on Wolfenstein: The New Order, not because it's a bad game, but because Bethesda (I'm gonna guess it was it because it's the publisher) raised the price just for the sale. From what I've read the game's price was lowered to $40 (I think it was $40) on march, but it went back to $60 just for the sale.
    Last edited by Jofe; 2015-06-20 at 08:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    The LEGO Movie Videogame Steam Store and Retail Key

Would consider adding Transistor and LEGO Batman 3 too.
    Lego Movie was a good game imo, especially if you liked the movie and lego games in general.
    Transistor was pretty good from what I played of it, just haven't had chance to finish it (ie too much game hopping XD )
    Lego Batman 3 -- I heard was good, but not as good as 2. Got it this sale, but haven't played it yet.

Public Service Announcement: Anything you see on sale now and in the past should be it for this set of steam sales. When the morning switch rolls around it should all be the 48hr Encore. So if you were hesitant on something before and want to get it now tomorrow will be your last shot (providing it was picked for Encore).

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved Bastion, one of the best games I ever played. So I have high hopes of Transistor. I also love all the LEGO games. I have too many games that none of those listed are even installed yet until I can get some off my list.

I won Pool Nation and am loving that currently. Also playing through Giana Sisters, LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, World of Warcraft and Heroes of the Storm. So yeah, slowly goes it

10+ Year Old Account
    No lego games are cheap enough for me to try. I haven't played any. At least I'm down to four on my wishlist. Two are on sale (Forge Quest and Akiba's Trip), but still too expensive for me right now. Add One Finger Death Punch to my total.

Deleted
    I'm looking at Hatoful Boyfriend right now, hahah. I know the game is absolutely ridiculous, but 1,19€ (or 2,09€ for the Collector's Edition) isn't a bad sum for a bunch of giggles. Finally Fallout-games are on sale as well, too bad I don't need them anymore since I got 1-3 from my boyfriend. I was planning on getting the GOTY edition of Fallout 3, but yeah... Someone got it for me first.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aveline View Post
    I'm looking at Hatoful Boyfriend right now, hahah. I know the game is absolutely ridiculous, but 1,19€ (or 2,09€ for the Collector's Edition) isn't a bad sum for a bunch of giggles. Finally Fallout-games are on sale as well, too bad I don't need them anymore since I got 1-3 from my boyfriend. I was planning on getting the GOTY edition of Fallout 3, but yeah... Someone got it for me first.
    "Notice: Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7 and later"

And considering the problems my friend has with New Vegas, I would hold out on getting those for PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    "Notice: Fallout 3 is not optimized for Windows 7 and later"

And considering the problems my friend has with New Vegas, I would hold out on getting those for PC.
    Bethesda has patches on their main site for Fallout 3 and Elder Scrolls Oblivion and below. Not sure if they are out of date but you can get unofficial patches provided you backed everything up first (didn't do that once and got screwed over so now I back everything before screwing with it). Haven't tried to mess with Fallout Tactics but Fallout 1 and 2 are running really smooth.