View Poll Results: In regards to WoW, Have you lost faith in Blizzard?

Voters
354. This poll is closed
  • Yes

270 76.27%
  • No

84 23.73%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    used to be a die hard fan boy, I was the kind of player that defended mop when it was first announced. I really have stopped caring recently and I honestly don't think Blizzard gives a shit about their customers as of recent though. WoD is a failure on so many levels that it is unreal, and honestly I seriously have a hard time believing that they'll get their shit together tbh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mighty Blue Bear View Post
    Players complain they want armies, player housing, and easier professions.
    And WHAT does Blizzard offer?

It's just like LFR.

Players asked for 1 thing, Blizzard delivers something else. It's almost like they corrupt it on purpose.

Come on it's not like they didn't have a history on housing NOT to go back on and repeat.

Blizzard though repeats the very problems seen in EQ2, with the vendors in the garrisons.

EQ's guild and player halls showed vendors can't be played inside them as it'll empty cities.

Has anyone seen Stormwind of late? I never seen it this dead before, as everyone is in their garrisons.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

WoW has cancer, it's called Activision. I has had this cancer for a while now.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    As a shaman I lost it very, very briskly. Ever since blizzard failed on 90% of the development of WOD I have seen little to no light in this tunnel called Warlords Of Draenor.

The 90% is: drastic quality difference on new character models, world of reskins for mounts, almost all post-levelling content is mind-numbingly unispired and easy, and also attached to a waiting time to keep people subbed rather than having fun, horrendous balancing, not a single fire mage nerf, but somehow a shaman and warlock nerf in 6.2!, blizzard believing "the Customer Is Always Wrong", taking the players' words as a big, steaming pile of bullshit, treating the customers like children, homogenized classes, leveling content so easy that a caster has horrible damage because they can't get a cast off before a mob dies, STORE MOUNTS, no rewards for being social, and a cynical attitude from both players and developers.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2015-06-01 at 08:32 PM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

Nah. I think they need to work on their communication with the community and things will remedy themselves much better. Most of these issues stem from a barrier of communication between the two for whatever reason. This expansion especially just, suddenly, feels like there's been barely any communication.

To each their own, though. Every consumer has their limit; some people's have been reached, and that's totally understandable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    *snip* Maybe it's me, but there's no social aspect to wow any more. It isn't "cool" to admit you play wow irl, but during wotlk with mainstream TV adverts... It kind of was.

Having said that I did log on and play a monk in ghostlands last night as a trial, it was pretty cool to be nostalgic again, and I did team up with a random guy who was also a trial, The team work and social aspect was fun, kind of like old times but this isn't exactly new content.
    I felt that way about the social part of WoW too, unless you are in a guild it doesn't really feel like Old WoW to me.

Challenge modes are where I got my fix for that surprisingly. There's a pretty cool community that runs them and everyone knows everyone else, people tell stories and all bond right away. It's also very cool running them because everyone has an impact on the outcome of a group, and a good player can save a team, while a bad player can break one. Those points right were pretty reminiscent of old WoW for me, although breaking into the CM seen is pretty annoying. It made my time in WoD/MoP very enjoyable.

7+ Year Old Account
    WoW has incredible potential in it still. There is nigh an unlimited amount of possibilities in whcih they can expand current systems (transmog, character, etc.) and they are nowhere near utilizing it. In fact, the game has seen less and less of it's possibilities utilized. It's like they are content with trudging along and serving the community content piecemeal.

In my humble opinion, WoW as a whole has become a squandered opportunity steadily declining and coasting off its former success.
    Last edited by 3intrah; 2015-06-01 at 08:22 PM. Reason: typo

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    With this expansion, yes. So, much cut content and Draenor feels really empty. 6.2 doesn't seem to be getting any better.

People hated apexis dailies. What do we get in 6.2? More apexis dailies!
    People hated garrison chores. What do we get in 6.2? More garrison chores that are now mandatory for the legendary ring!

WTF Blizzard? WTF?

I hope they do better next expansion.
    Only whiners hate garrison and apexing dailies. Only whiners come to forum. Others are playing the game, not coming to forum.
    I dont see 7M+ people coming here saying they hate those stuff.
    I know you want to look like everybody hate WoD, so you can be on majority side of fence. Too bad its only few vocal people here and thats it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Only whiners hate garrison and apexing dailies. Only whiners come to forum. Others are playing the game, not coming to forum.
    I dont see 7M+ people coming here saying they hate those stuff.
    I know you want to look like everybody hate WoD, so you can be on majority side of fence. Too bad its only few vocal people here and thats it.
    3 million people left in 1 quarter.

Pretty sure that's an indication that the content is bad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    It's Blizzard logic. "100% of the playerbase has built a garrison, so garrisons are a homerun!"
    100% of the playerbase also built the shipyard, so an airbase it is....

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Everwake View Post
    It's Blizzard logic. "100% of the playerbase has built a garrison, so garrisons are a homerun!"
    Or DF, LFR...
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

Ive never had faith, its a game. sometimes its boring and not for me, somtimes it isnt. im sorta aware a game with millions of subs cant be tailored towards me.

IF they do something i like? great!
    If i dont like it? then il chill with another game or something.

Its a company. never have faith in a company. #real life lesson nr1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by kamil84 View Post
    WoW has cancer, it's called Activision. I has had this cancer for a while now.
    So fucking true,i cant believe so few people know they are merged with blizz.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    We'll see come the next expansion. I think something went cataclysmically wrong with this xpac. The amount of content cut, the amount of bugs, etc, it's unlike Blizzard imo.

Pretty much how I feel.
    This just doesn't feel like a Blizzard game right now.

Don't get me wrong, raids are great and all the artwork is still top (minus some new char models), but the rest of the gameplay is just... idk like some other amateur company designed it and it was tacked on to the Blizzard portion that is raids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    3 million people left in 1 quarter.

Pretty sure that's an indication that the content is bad.
    Yes, some of them are disapointed. But there is also that chunk of MMO hoppers who come only for new content in every game.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A fair bit yes. I wasn't happy with the concept of the Expansion regarding Orcs and Time Travel, as I don't think a time travel expansion appeals to me with WoW and it felt like a simple attempt at throwing Burning Crusade in our faces. I don't think the length of Siege of Orgrimmar helped either, 14 Months of Orcs into an Expansion focused a lot on Orcs is bit dull, we want something else to kill.

I think questing worked out fairly well, and I enjoy Garrisons in terms of rewards. But thats also the problem. They reward way too much and reduce Profession to Garrison tied junk. I feel they're god damn terrible, and Daily Cooldowns on Professions is awful and I wish that ended with MoP. I heard something about the possibility of doing 3 Days Daily Cooldowns at once before, but each one added a day extra onto the Cooldown, so it allowed you to just do 3 of your Weekly 7 at once.

I think the world itself at 100 is boring. Apexis is a awful/terrible/pointless currency, especially after all the BS regarding Justice and Valor, they took out two Currencies and added an annoying and grindy one that is just awful to collect and requires an armada to get anything. Apexis Dailies are boring, no point denying it. They feel unstructured, and I don't know why I'm there. It's really confusing, especially the plant/mutate one in Spires of Arak.

Dungeons are nice, but the rewards are terrible and become pointless very quickly. MoP they were kept relevant by Valor, but there's very little reason to run them now after 630. Also we have less this expansion than any other, and I do like dungeons.

LFR has been toned down to the point it doesn't teach you the boss mechanics, which I felt worked well in MoP. I felt you had enough mechanics on most bosses to get a good idea of how to proceed in normal (Ignoring Dark Animus, LFR would never ever ever kill it, weird fight :P), and it was helpful for moving up difficulties. WoD LFR is very misty, and I don't feel you learn from a lot of the fights what exactly to do.

PVP is okay to me, but Hunters/Druid are just OP as hell. Ashran is terrible in design, and annoyed most PVPers, especially adding a 'Weekly Ashran Bonus' (Mandatory for RBGers like myself) and focus on Side Events over the Main Event. Rewards from Random BGs are better, the box is nice get.

Raids are decent in terms of mechanics and variety. However, more Orcs after a raid of Orcs for 14 Months and BRF being locked until the 6.1 Release didn't help it.

Patch Content so far has been utterly pathetic. Why is Twitter integration and Selfies sold as a Content Patch? What happened to Content Patches being Dungeons, Zones, Game Hubs, Environments? There's also the lack of Farahlon of people's minds.

Mounts are mainly reskins of world creatures, everything of Visual Interest goes on the store. Shouldn't have to pay to get decent quality mounts. I think the Cash Shop has too much focus, every one of those should be attainable in game, similar to the way the WoW Token works.

Can't see much in 6.2 that adds anything of interest really. More Apexis and a version of Garrison Missions with a slightly different name and resource. Feels more mandatory and time consuming than MoP Farm, which I barely bothered with. Also the lack of Flying as a flying at Max Level fan is making me question what I'll do next Expansion at Max Level.

Some jumble of thoughts there for you all.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Quote Originally Posted by Eucaliptus View Post
    Yes, some of them are disapointed. But there is also that chunk of MMO hoppers who come only for new content in every game.
    Except that there's never been a huge peak then drop in the history of the game like this. Look at the graphs. The story is right there. Yes, there have been cyclical players, and subs since Cata show a drop off after the release, but WOD is unique and not business as usual. Spin it how you want, the 3 million who left are significant. Saying what happened this time is an expected pattern is smoke and mirrors by Ion to the investors.

Deleted
    Yes, i just want wc4 or other rts, i am bored from all mmorpgs, mobas.

10+ Year Old Account
    No but I do think the current Garrison design is very flawed. In my personal opinion Garrison shouldn't be too convenient like that it downgraded so many other gameplay aspects of the game. It's almost no point visiting major cities now because of how good and convenient Garrisons are.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and I would take it a step further and say in Blizzard in general. Wow hasn't been good since wotlk and the reasons why have been stated in these forums many times over, SC2 was a massive disappointment, Diablo 3 which took took forever and was a huge release that was also a disappointment, and I tried it but Heroes doesn't interest me. The only thing that has been reason for optimism that the magic of Blizzard of old still exists is HearthStone, and that's not a huge saving grace personally just because I enjoy watching but not playing HS (due to the p2w/over-grindy aspects).

We'll see about Overwatch, but the track record isn't good this decade. Overwatch isn't likely to be a game I will play just because I'm not a fan of pvp team based games like Overwatch and Heroes. Those tend to turn into just RNG luck on whether you get the good or bad team each match, with the win/loss determining the match rewards more than personal performance. So those get really frustrating very quickly. My message to Blizz would be go back to your roots, if it takes a smaller team like worked with HS so be it, play Rock n Roll Racing, play WC3, play vanilla wow, then play some newer successful games like Dying Light, GTA5, Red Dead Redemption, Witcher 3, GW2, games like Far Cry 4 and Shadow of Mordor, Last of Us, Bloodborne, heck Splatoon, ...take the Blizz magic, mix in some 2015 technology, and do something original. Not lol=heroes, or mtg=hs, or tf2=overwatch. We gamers expect more now, and btw not everything needs to be Disney/Star Wars Rebels cartoonified like they are aiming for a 8 year old demo.