Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

State of PVP without botters?

Hi

Has the state of PVP in your opinion improved now Blizz has removed a crap ton of botters?

what do you think of BG's and Arena?

Do you have any examples?

Deleted
    Nope. They only banned the Honor Buddy users, the kickbots are still in place.

Deleted
    thats a shame, still some sites report upward of 100k players banned.

if all of these were using Honor Buddy in PVP something must have changed for the better now they are gone?

maybe wishful thinking lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by killeer View Post
    thats a shame, still some sites report upward of 100k players banned.

if all of these were using Honor Buddy in PVP something must have changed for the better now they are gone?

maybe wishful thinking lol
    Never saw a large amount of bots in bgs, so I can't say they bothered me. Only saw bots in Ashran, they were easy to notice, always alone and rushing into enemy groups or ignoring the enemy groups to mine some node, lol. There was once this BR event and I fucking swear this guildless female belf blood dk ran all alone up the stairs into the Alliance zerg only to die in seconds, and did this 4 times until the event ended and we moved. Or this guidless male orc hunter at AoA just ignoring the Alliance raid owning the zone, in order to mine some ore node, also came and tried to mine it like 3 times.

Deleted
    lol silly trying to get a mine while surrounded by the other side

Deleted
    I've seen botters in the BGs this week. You can tell the bots reasonably easily by behaviour. Example being eye of the storm they ride between their teams 2 natrual towers back and forth ignoring the enemy unless a combat state is intiated then they will attack that player. You can stand there and they will ride straight through you ignoring you heading to the opposite tower while you go get the one they just left.

Deleted
    i still see botters and do not like them :/

I easily gained 100 rating in 2s last night after being stuck at 1750 - 1800 for a few weeks.

Perhaps we just suddenly got a little better, but it seems like everything was far easier to fight. I juked 75% of incoming kicks, previously this was the exact opposite. It seems that people weren't pulling off their CCs / CDs / damage rotations as good either. I never really thought I was facing bots before, but all the matches felt completely different so maybe I was?

Well they banned botters. Not sure if they actually implemented something to prevent them. Other than fear of being banned.

The only direct interaction I've ever had with botting is with druids who cancel their cyclones instantly when I spell reflect, and since the ban I haven't had it happen.

To be honest I never notice BG bots other than just straight up AFKers

Deleted
    Just watched 6 guys go back and forth FR and BE in EOTS like they were racing with assists on.

I guess the whole 'bots banned' thing didn't do that much.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ever present View Post
    Nope. They only banned the Honor Buddy users, the kickbots are still in place.
    I've personally noticed a drastic reduction in the number of melee Kickbotters.
    Quote Originally Posted by nightgerbil View Post
    You can tell the bots reasonably easily by behaviour.
    Exactly. Do you see a hunter you're wondering about? Is he jumping. No. Well all hunters jump nonstop so obviously he is a bot. (While being sarcastic, that was a real conversation in Skype one night lol.)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    Just watched 6 guys go back and forth FR and BE in EOTS like they were racing with assists on.

I feel like I've seen fewer bots late night. Judging my teammates who are not bots, it definetly feels like there are less bots. I haven't been in Twin Peaks at 3 AM and had only 2-3 human players since the banwave.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

10+ Year Old Account
    Well watch out for for resto druids cause there is still profiles

Restoration Druid Arena:
    Features:

Maximum 5vs5
    Cat and Bear Form Support
    Powershifting support
    Cyclone Focus
    Uses Magic Mushrooms
    Auto decurse
    Auto Mighty Bash
    Auto Unroot
    I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is back on the scene! I'm gonna let 'em know that Dolemite is my name, and fuckin' up motherfuckers is my game!

Not only am I still seeing bots in bgs, but i've also noticed a large return in boxers recently. Guessing it has to due with the token.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatsbybutters View Post
    Not only am I still seeing bots in bgs, but i've also noticed a large return in boxers recently. Guessing it has to due with the token.
    In randoms?
    Blizz broke multiboxxers in randoms during MoP.
    If out in the open world, they've always had a decent population minus a dip during MoP due to that, but the resurgence on realms heavily one sided has been on going for a bit now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

Blizz has abandoned pvp haven't you all noticed? State of pvp will be terrible until (hopefully) next expansion.

Deleted
    I just did 1 BG so sample size is effectively zero, but in the EotS I got there were like 2 bots per side (with hilariously obvious pathing) instead of the usual 14. It was actually quite a fun match to be honest. Made me remember why I love this game and used to love doing BGs.

Maybe there is hope. It will take an eternity to gain back the faith Blizzard has repeatedly spat on and lost, but if that is their path towards the future - and not some lame one time action - then maybe the players will come back. I certainly do hope so.
    It's disgusting that Blizzard always needs these extreme wake up calls (30% players lost in a quartal, WoW effectively being dead on twitch, arena being dead outside of boosting services). But maybe that's just how it works beyond a certain company size.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

Different botware. ReBot, I think.

Deleted
    I think people vastly overstate the bot problem in randoms. The difference between a bot and a player with poor gear is very little: neither can make any effective contribution to the battle.

The Russian problem, that's a more serious issue.

Quote Originally Posted by advanta View Post
    I think people vastly overstate the bot problem in randoms. The difference between a bot and a player with poor gear is very little: neither can make any effective contribution to the battle.

The Russian problem, that's a more serious issue.
    Bots are extremely obvious once you know what to look for. You can easily force behavior responses, even. There were always a couple in every BG.