Poll: DC or Marvel?

Thread: DC or Marvel?

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DC or Marvel?

Do you prefer DC or Marvel?
    Sorry, your sarcastic 'third option' isn't happening!

10+ Year Old Account
    While I like Spider-Man and Wolverine, I like Batman and Green Lantern even more.

+1 for DC

I prefer DC, although I don't mind Marvel.

Marvel for me. Specifically the movies are a LOT better imo for Marvel. I can never get into any of the DC movies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel has the killer movies, but DC's tv shows are superior (for now ) so on that level it's a tie...

As for comics? I go back and forth but right now I'm binge reading Avengers/New Avengers and the run up to Secret War loving every page, so I'd have to give it to Marvel .
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

10+ Year Old Account
    I prefer Marvel, but when I broke it down to comics and movies and television shows and merchandise, etc., DC won.
    Need Roll - 1 for [Bright Pink Imbued Mageweave Banana-Hammock] by Ayirasi

10+ Year Old Account
    I think DC has some of the best heroes of all time like Batman, Superman, and The Flash, but Marvel has a much stronger overall lineup. As for the movies, there's no contest, but DC has yet to really get the ball rolling with their DCCU just yet.

TV shows has DC winning atm, but Arrow is slipping a bit while The Flash had a really strong first season. Marvel has Agents of Shield which is alright, the finale redeemed the show a lot in my eyes. Daredevil was really high quality even though it has its hiccups. I think since Marvel is integrating their movies and TV shows if they can do a good job at that, then Marvel may take the top spot for TV.

Also why the fuck doesn't DC have a service like Marvel Unlimited?

While I think DC has done an admiral job of making their characters less cheesy recently, Marvel all the way.

Batman > Marvel > rest of DC

Pretty basic for me.

Marvel should be red, and DC should be blue. This bothers me.

Because of the MCU, I'm gonna say Marvel. If only DC could keep their movies in one universe...

Flash is great and all, but Spider-Man and the Avengers (+Ant-Man!) are way cooler than Batman and the Justice League.
    Last edited by Amnaught; 2015-06-01 at 04:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Batman. End of story.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
    Revelation 6:8

Are we talking comics or movies/TV?

Either way I'd have to say Marvel.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Only things I like out of DC are Batman, Flash, and Constantine (the character, not the terrible TV show, but I LOVE the character). There's really nothing I dislike from Marvel other than Spider-Man, and not because his movies are meh, but because I just find the character to be terribly unexciting.

Deleted
    Right now? Marvel, their movies are just fun.

Deleted
    Marvel for Heroes, DC for Villians.

10+ Year Old Account
    For superhero stuff, I have always been a bigger fan of Marvel although I have not read much of either in a long time. However DC has an amazing imprint called Vertigo that has published many of my all time favorite comics like Y: The Last Man, Fables, Preacher, Hellblazer, The Sandman, and a bunch of others. So I guess I have to say DC. Man, my 14 year old self would probably be pissed at me for saying that.

I'm sorry, but Marvel by a lot.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

10+ Year Old Account
    Marvel. The superheroes are more down to earth. They also haven't retconned nearly as much as DC has, although they are definitely guilty of it. And right now, their movies are doing far, far better than DC's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Why is there no 'both' option?
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?