Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    I hear people say this a lot, and I get it 30fps is clearly worse and below that is silly but tiring for the eyes? What are you an 80 year old pensioner that has to squint to look at the screen. Uncomfortable in a bad quality game kind of way but not in a my eyes can't look at this way.

All this talk of screens, I wish I had more money. One of my screens is ~7 years old.
    Don't get the pensioner argument. Wouldn't it be more logical for a younger person with healthy eyes to notice it than and old person?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Knslyr View Post
    Don't get the pensioner argument. Wouldn't it be more logical for a younger person with healthy eyes to notice it than and old person?
    Notice it sure, but have your eyes become tired or feel uncomfortable because of it? That doesn't seem normal for healthy eyes.

And yea true Asme though my screen was cheap at the time too, once I finish Uni maybe 4k monitors will be cheap enough and have all the kinks figured out so that I can start using them

Quote Originally Posted by Asmekiel View Post
    Those screens are too expensive at the moment though... The only 2 remotely interesting screens now that are available here..

I'll just wait for 4k IPS 144Hz screens < €500

Your "need" is very subjective btw.
    The hardware needed for 4k 144hz though.

Well, you can of course play CSGO with any fps you want, but below 120 wouldn't really be ideal since its such a fast paced game once the action really goes down, and reaction times is a key part of it.
    But I've played it with 60 fps before, but once you get used to 120+ you don't want to go back.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Notice it sure, but have your eyes become tired or feel uncomfortable because of it? That doesn't seem normal for healthy eyes.

And yea true Asme though my screen was cheap at the time too, once I finish Uni maybe 4k monitors will be cheap enough and have all the kinks figured out so that I can start using them
    Of course it feels uncomfortable to look a video game that isn't smooth due to low fps. Or look at something with low resolution for longer periods.
    Im not saying its harmful for the eyes, but its not pleasant to play with something like that for longer periods.

But I've played it with 60 fps before, but once you get used to 120+ you don't want to go back.
    Same with SSD's Same with IPS vs TN too. But I've never seen 120Hz+ monitor, so I wouldn't know how it compares to a 60Hz. I do know I don't want to switch back to TN, so I can't try until affordable high res (at least higher than my 1920x1200 (stupid 1920x1080 )) 120/144Hz monitors are readily available.

7+ Year Old Account
    You guys are making my brain hurt with all this computer stuff. It's to early for this.

It's 16:42...

+ 33

And now I need some flux capacitors.

7+ Year Old Account
    It's not even 10 in the morning yet where I am at.

Looks like you need to find Doc Brown

+ 34

Same with SSD's Same with IPS vs TN too. But I've never seen 120Hz+ monitor, so I wouldn't know how it compares to a 60Hz. I do know I don't want to switch back to TN, so I can't try until affordable high res (at least higher than my 1920x1200 (stupid 1920x1080 )) 120/144Hz monitors are readily available.
    True. And same with mechanical keyboards.
    But it depends on what games you play. 60hz is enough for most games.

I have the Asus Swift PG278Q, it looks very nice for being a TN, might be one of the best TN panel out there.

- - - Updated - - -

+ 35

10+ Year Old Account
    Of course it feels uncomfortable to look a video game that isn't smooth due to low fps. Or look at something with low resolution for longer periods.
    Im not saying its harmful for the eyes, but its not pleasant to play with something like that for longer periods.
    Uncomfortable in a "I don't like this" way sure but not in a way that tires your eyes. it just annoys me when people exaggerate stuff like that xD

I have the Asus Swift PG278Q, it looks very nice for being a TN, might be one of the best TN panel out there.
    kek, that one. Nice monitor, but overpriced.

+ 36

kek, that one. Nice monitor, but overpriced.
    Yea, but thats because it had no competition when it was released.
    Only choice for 1440p, 144hz with G-sync.

+ 37

7+ Year Old Account
    + 38

How was everyone's weekend ?

Deleted
    Same! Hasn't been able to utilize it until i get my new parts though at all

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Same! Hasn't been able to utilize it until i get my new parts though at all
    If you upgraded from a TN you'll love it.

+ 39

Yea, but thats because it had no competition when it was released.
    Only choice for 1440p, 144hz with G-sync.
    I don't have an Nvidia card, so it's just a 1440p, 144Hz monitor to me.

- - - Updated - - -

If you upgraded from a TN you'll love it.
    He has had it for a while now. He used a 7970GHz, but bought a 980Ti few days ago.

Deleted
    Yeah so far my GPU is a AMD so I can't use the G-sync, and the GPU aint too powerful so I hasn't really been doing anything above 60fps ever. But as Asme said I bought a 980ti that should arrive tomorrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Are you sure?
    Yes... At that time, I meant "on" and not "in". Just because I said "I meant on..." doesn't mean I won't mean "on" in the future again lol or that I don't mean it at the time I posted that.

- - - Updated - - -

+ 41

Deleted
    I think you mean mean, you know what I mean?