Unhappy First day at job (miserable)

Hello! I started a fast food job today. I went to the orientation, earlier in the week, and started this morning. A new-hire is also a manager, and she was showing me the ropes. Another manager (who had a giant attitude right from the start) yelled at her. Every time she tried to teach me anything, she would get in trouble, for not teaching me the right way. The store has about 12 workers, and hardly any customers. 10/15 of the workers are only speaking Spanish. They will yell at you for just standing at the register. You have to re-clean things, even though they are clean, to look busy. They are telling me to go to the parking lot, and give customers their items. Someone that spoke 20% English was trying to tell me how to clean. They didn't even me a schedule for the next week. They told me to call back later (which is now) for the new schedule. I have been calling for almost an hour, and no one is answering the phone. I honestly don't know what to do

Any Help Will be Greatly Appreciated!

All first days suck. Give it a month, don't stop looking for new work. In the US it's a worker's market at the moment at least in most of the country.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

You hate your job, you hate your life, you keep doing it until it ends, you hope its soon.

Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    You hate your job, you hate your life, you keep doing it until it ends, you hope its soon.
    What's this? No "in this cold, hard obama world" intro?
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

The Lightbringer Conspicuous Cultist's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Retail sucks.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by NoRest4Wicked View Post
    What's this? No "in this cold, hard obama world" intro?
    In this cold harsh retail world Obama knows no mercy.

Retail and Fast food both are shitty jobs, I agree. I cannot stand customer service jobs, but it can be seen as a stepping stone of sorts. Keep looking for new work, you may be surprised what you find eventually (your results may vary depending on your location and job market - obviously).
    And I saw, and behold, a pale horse: and he that sat upon him, his name was Death; and Hades followed with him. And there was given unto them authority over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with famine, and with death, and by the wild beasts of the earth.

if you dont want an average job then dont be average.

I lost 80 years of my life working fast food and retail.

I lost them in 5 years.

yeah food service in general can be a real problem. Having worked in multiple restaurants over the years if it's not your lazy team mates that are a problem it's the customers. Same with working in retail. You'd do well to grow thick skin

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    All first days suck.
    Bullshit. The job I work at now, my first day was great. Still is. Love my job. But Im probably one of the few lucky ones. I am working in the field that I want for $15 an hour. Yeah I would like to make more but Im taking it as it comes for now.

Personally for that job, it doesnt sound worth it. If you cant get ahold of anyone, id just not show up for additional work. Not worth it from the sounds of it.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Deleted
    Sounds like a bad situation but what can you do? For now just grin and bear it while you continue to look for another job.

Quote Originally Posted by Maulina View Post
    I lost 80 years of my life working fast food and retail.

I lost them in 5 years.
    Uhhh what?

Quote Originally Posted by sareenahere View Post
    Hello! I started a fast food job today. I went to the orientation, earlier in the week, and started this morning. A new-hire is also a manager, and she was showing me the ropes. Another manager (who had a giant attitude right from the start) yelled at her. Every time she tried to teach me anything, she would get in trouble, for not teaching me the right way. The store has about 12 workers, and hardly any customers. 10/15 of the workers are only speaking Spanish. They will yell at you for just standing at the register. You have to re-clean things, even though they are clean, to look busy. They are telling me to go to the parking lot, and give customers their items. Someone that spoke 20% English was trying to tell me how to clean. They didn't even me a schedule for the next week. They told me to call back later (which is now) for the new schedule. I have been calling for almost an hour, and no one is answering the phone. I honestly don't know what to do

lol. you really care about a fast food job ? you really are enthusiastic for THAT ? i would give a fuckin shit about it ! if they dont care, why you ? if they do not call you back, stay at home, until they call. why give a shit about a fast food job ? and why have you ask such things in a forum ? you are not 12 years old. get some guts and trink a nice cup of reality. imo.

Best thing that might come out of this, hey, maybe you can hook up with the manager who was showing you the ropes.

Quote Originally Posted by sareenahere View Post

if they aren't answering the phone, go in and ask the supervisor directly, during a lull in service, not between 10 and 2 lunch rush

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    All first days suck. Give it a month, don't stop looking for new work. In the US it's a worker's market at the moment at least in most of the country.
    My sister had a lady calling the manager to tell him how she was the best and most respectful store employee she had ever dealt with on her first day

Debes aprender español.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Bullshit. The job I work at now, my first day was great. Still is. Love my job. But Im probably one of the few lucky ones. I am working in the field that I want for $15 an hour. Yeah I would like to make more but Im taking it as it comes for now.

Personally for that job, it doesnt sound worth it. If you cant get ahold of anyone, id just not show up for additional work. Not worth it from the sounds of it.
    I don't know...you may just be the lucky exception to the rule. I love my job. I am legitimately happy doing what I am doing now. With that said, the first three months or so where miserable. Every job I've ever had in my adult life the first few months have always sucked. I've never NOT wondered if I've made the wrong decision.

OP it usually takes a good several months to really figure out if a job is right for you. When you first start, you don't know anyone or what to expect from them, you don't know what you are doing and what the expect from you, and you often feel useless and lost. That's just part of the process. Give it 2 months. If you still feel like shit, look for other employment.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

15+ Year Old Account
    That sounds awful...I would just quit. Go work for a temp agency...they'll find you something better than that and for more money too I'm betting, but be looking for a real job as well of course cause that temp stuff gets old too.