Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnaught View Post
    All I'm saying is, if the price was $2, they'd get ten times the amount of buyers, zero bitching, and an excuse to add more interesting ones without seeming like money grabbing whores. I might consider five new reskins for $10, but $90 to have a new hero for each class is unbelievable, when the alternative is 400 cards.
    No they wouldn't, they have all kinds of market analysts crunching the numbers.

one purchase of 10$ or five 2$ purchases what makes more money for the company?

the single 10$ purchase, due to credit card agreements

Its a skin its cosmetic who gives a shit. Blizzard has done many things over the years I don't like to the point I am done with WoW. But you can't bitch at them for this. No one is forcing you to buy anything they put on there ingame store in any of there games. The thing people should bitch about with HS is the small amount of gold you can make. As for something with HoTS to bitch about complain about the hero price's. But to bitch about a cosmetic item is just stupid and a waste of time.

Don't like it don't buy it or play the game. Believe it or not it is that simple.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2015-06-05 at 09:00 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    one purchase of 10$ or five 2$ purchases what makes more money for the company?

the single 10$ purchase, due to credit card agreements
    Bundles. 5 heroes, ten bucks. It's not like it takes a lot to add a piece of art and record new sounds; have you seen the GvG expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    As for something with HotS to bitch about complain about the hero price's. But to bitch about a cosmetic item is just stupid and a waste of time.
    The hero prices are extremely reasonable in Heroes of the Storm. $4-10 and you get to play an entirely new character, with a 3d model, spell effects, audio, and gameplay. $3-10 and you can get a new skin, which includes all of the above a second time but with the same gameplay.

...Or you can pay more than double than some of those for a single picture. It baffles me.

I wouldn't be so butthurt if they released the heroes in sets, and a full set cost 10 or 15 bucks. But ten per portrait is totally ridiculous. So would $100 per portrait, which I'm sure someone out there would still pay and be on here telling people to quit whining. They promised new heroes, it's unreasonable to assume that I can ever have them all, and I feel cheated.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Warcraft: Base game up to level 90 (comes with a month sub) and a mount+pet. (OR) Two glittery mounts.
    Diablo: Base game and a $10 bill.
    Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Wings of Liberty, and a $10 bill.
    Heroes of the Storm: 5 to 10 totally distinct playable heroes, or skins with new animations, sounds, and spell effects.

Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain and Naxxaramas single-player adventures + cards. (OR) Packs for a total of 200 new cards.

(OR) 5 portraits which you can mimic by taping a picture of Magni to your computer and speaking in a Scottish accent.

Who in Hell thought ten bucks was an acceptable price for a hero reskin?
    i'm almost certain character level up to 90 is 59.99 or 60$ not 50$.

- - - Updated - - -

Bundles. 5 heroes, ten bucks. It's not like it takes a lot to add a piece of art and record new sounds; have you seen the GvG expansion?

- - - Updated - - -

The hero prices are extremely reasonable in Heroes of the Storm. $4-10 and you get to play an entirely new character, with a 3d model, spell effects, audio, and gameplay. $3-10 and you can get a new skin, which includes all of the above a second time but with the same gameplay.

...Or you can pay more than double than some of those for a single picture. It baffles me.

I wouldn't be so butthurt if they released the heroes in sets, and a full set cost 10 or 15 bucks. But ten per portrait is totally ridiculous. So would $100 per portrait, which I'm sure someone out there would still pay and be on here telling people to quit whining. They promised new heroes, it's unreasonable to assume that I can ever have them all, and I feel cheated.
    i added it up and it get all the characters and skins and stuff in heroes of the storm costs almost 1000$
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Sauce required for said assertions.
    Assertions with sauce wouldn't be assertions. The hypothesis isn't too far fectched either (in the sense that there would be more buyers).

Anywho, I'm with others is stating: so what? Its purely cosmetic, one of the best practices for f2p games. Can't help but shake my head at those complaining over this. If it's overpriced, it won't sell as much and the market will fix that price. If Blizzard stays adament with the price, it will lose them money compared to being more flexible.

How easy it is to make or perform is negligible. People where offering me $50 to do something stupid for their PC issues.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    I don't normally do this, but my response to you is "So don't buy it then?" - If people buy it Blizzard will keep selling things like that. I personally think $10 for it is excessive, but I'm not going to have a whine about it.
    I think the best part is when he'll add to your reply "But..." No, there is no buts to that. If you don't like it, don't buy it. I don't understand why this is so hard for people.

- - - Updated - - -

$10+ for a hero is a bit much whent he hero has been there for 3+ months. Look at thrall its been awhile since he was added and still cost $10. I wish they did better bundles and if they did then I couldn't care as much. Skins are skins and I could careless but ill admit they are pricy thats why I won't buy one.

But ill admit the amount of gold you can get is a LOT more fair then Hearthstone. If I want Jona it would take me 2 weeks at about 2hrs a day to get her maybe without a stem pack. In truth stem packs is the only thing worth it and only the 30day one.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    hearthstone portraits aren't available for gold?

You dont have to buy champs and skins are well, just skins. You could always wait for sales as well.

Quote Originally Posted by nextt03 View Post
    When I saw the price I thought without a doubt they would have a new hero ability. The price for a reskin is absolutely ridiculous. $10 for a reskin and a new hero power still seems a bit high to me, but at least there is a possibility of me justifying it when I'm sitting at my computer.
    When I saw it, I immediately thought "$10? Oh that's probably for the entire bundle of 9 heroes". BOY WAS I WRONG.

$90: Naxxramas + Blackrock Mountain + 30 packs. OR 75 packs (if you already own Naxx+BRM)
    OR
    $90: 9 "skins" for the portrait, some different sounds, and a differently "animated" Hero Power

GEE I WONDER WHAT PEOPLE WILL BUY.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsara View Post
    You dont have to buy champs and skins are well, just skins. You could always wait for sales as well.
    Or they could not price them so ludicrously high. Even $20 for 9 skins would be kinda pricey in my book, but $10 for ONE? Are they out of their minds?

Some of the best MOBA skins (where you actually PLAY the character) are around $10-20. This is literally different sounds and a portrait for $10. There is no reason to make it so high.

Edit: Excuse me, before I get flamed by white knights and fanboys: You also get a card back, but that doesn't justify the ludicrous price.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Or they could not price them so ludicrously high. Even $20 for 9 skins would be kinda pricey in my book, but $10 for ONE? Are they out of their minds?
    Remember, this is the same company that moves high volumes of pets at $10 and mounts at $25 in a "premium" subscription based MMO, prices that are on-par if not higher than those of pets and mounts in many F2P MMO's.

People will pay it. Blizzard will roll around in their piles of money.

They could charge $50 for mounts and people would still buy them. Nowhere near as many who do for the $25 mounts right now, but people would. It's because of those people Blizzard can charge mighty-high for this trivial stuff. Because they actually make a profit off of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    you dont need to buy it~
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

You don't need to buy it, but if you don't complain Blizzard will think they're doing the right thing because of those other mouthbreathers that do buy it.

World of Warcraft: Base game up to level 90 (comes with a month sub) and a mount+pet. (OR) Two glittery mounts.
    Diablo: Base game and a $10 bill.
    Starcraft II: Heart of the Swarm, Wings of Liberty, and a $10 bill.
    Heroes of the Storm: 5 to 10 totally distinct playable heroes, or skins with new animations, sounds, and spell effects.

Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain and Naxxaramas single-player adventures + cards. (OR) Packs for a total of 200 new cards.

(OR) 5 portraits which you can mimic by taping a picture of Magni to your computer and speaking in a Scottish accent.

News flash, businesses exist to make money. A crazy concept I know, but if its one you can't handle then you should go live off the grid some place. Every business on the planet prices their goods based on how much people are willing to pay for them. Its the same QQing that people make about store mounts all the time. If you think its too expensive, dont buy it. If enough people think the way you do Blizzard will be forced to drop the price.

But since they've never had to drop the price for stuff like this your opinion will remain the minority one.

resistance is futile, the celestial pony rage was 100x worse and look at the shop now.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Remember, this is the same company that moves high volumes of pets at $10 and mounts at $25 in a "premium" subscription based MMO, prices that are on-par if not higher than those of pets and mounts in many F2P MMO's.

People will pay it. Blizzard will roll around in their piles of money.
    I know, but significantly more people would consider it if it was at least appropriately priced, and IMO they would make a lot more money if they made a bundle.

Plus, a pet and mount is a lot different from a single portrait and some sounds. Pets you can pet battle, mounts you can collect and ride around. A portrait and some sounds? Come on.

For people who play a SINGLE class? Yeah, they might buy the hero, but for people who play multiple, they're not going to bother with this crazy price. I'd definitely consider (and probably end up buying) the hero bundle if it was all 9 for 10-20, MAYBE 25 tops. At 10 a pop? You won't catch me dead with a single alt hero.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2015-06-06 at 07:29 AM.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sykol View Post
    You don't need to buy it, but if you don't complain Blizzard will think they're doing the right thing because of those other mouthbreathers that do buy it.
    oh please, just because someone values money different than you doesnt mean its bad, people buy stuff, wherever you like it or not
    which makes no sense why people complain, if i spend thousands of dollars in blizzshop, what does it matter do you, let people do with their own money what they want
    Crabs have been removed from the game... because if I see another one I’m just going to totally lose it. *sobbing* I’m sorry, I just can’t right now... I just... OK just give me a minute, I’ll be OK..

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyco View Post
    oh please, just because someone values money different than you doesnt mean its bad, people buy stuff, wherever you like it or not
    which makes no sense why people complain, if i spend thousands of dollars in blizzshop, what does it matter do you, let people do with their own money what they want
    Maybe because some of us would love to have the alt heroes but play multiple classes and can't justify paying $90 for the full set because that's a ludicrous price to pay? Consider other people's wallets and thoughts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Maybe because some of us would love to have the alt heroes but play multiple classes and can't justify paying $90 for the full set because that's a ludicrous price to pay? Consider other people's wallets and thoughts.
    again, no need to buy it, its pure cosmetical and if youre low on cash well then tough luck either eat less or just dont buy em all, you gotta set priorities with your money, im not writing angry letters to car companies because i cant buy an expensive car, i instead, drive my opel, because tahts a car i could afford without starving to death