2.3.0 - Rifts vs Greater Rifts

Hi,

With torment levels being increased to TX, you can now do regular rifts up to the equivalent GR45. Personally I've never seen any benefit in doing >GR42 or so ... So I'm wondering - other than ranking, what are the pros and cons of running regular vs greater rifts?

if i remeber correctly the higher the grift the more expierence you get. in the past season grift 35 was considered best in xp / difficulty. and if i'm correct further at GR50 you get some fixed or extra amount of legs

greaters are only for gem lvling now, and of course, experience+shards. regulars at TX are well, pretty difficult challenges, esp for speed bounties or keywarden runs. if you are only doing above 42 u arent lvling your gems to 50, or 60 as the new standard will be around 65-70 for top end players, and probly 55-60 for most.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Greaters for Gems/getting all your items in one drop.
    Normals Rifts for taking it your own pace.

The change was done basically because the new farming standard once pretty well geared was running GR40-45. The new difficulties just provide new meanings to reach that standard instead of just running GRifts.

GRifts are meant for gem leveling and ladders; nothing will stop you to still keep farming GR(if you can put on farm status higher levels) but at this point nothing changes between TX and GR45. Instead of having all loot concentrated on last boss, you have multiple chances through all the rift, and you can continue after killing the guardian if you want. You can get the unlucky rift where you drop little to no legendaries, but you can also get the 7+ runs.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Thanks all. Didn't think about gems but other than that ... :-)

And at the end of the day. You have to do regular rifts to be able to do greater rifts. Key's

And Tx having the chance of 2 keys. Why not

I'm going to be powerleveling my paragon with torment 10 rift farming. Not only because I kinda prefer normal rifts to Greater rift but also I don't plan on dying much with my barb build and I'd like to stack up pools of reflection as much as possible. Which come in normal rifts not greater rifts. And normally sneak in a Ruby gem into helm at least for a bit more experience gain which you can get away with in normal rifts. Depending on how fast t10 clears in a group might even rock the hellfire ring.