Buying a PS4 what games do you recommend?

I plan on buying a PS4 in the next week or so after fixing up my room and would like some suggestions since I haven't had a console since the original xbox.

Games I plan on getting off the bat:

Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Type-0 (Was a huge Final Fantasy player on the PS1)

Any other suggestions? Is it worth picking up games like Dark Souls & Lords of the Fallen as well if i'm into games like that?

P.S Don't suggest sports games, or racing only racing games are Need for Speed that I like.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Last of Us Remastered

Final Fantasy XIV if you're into MMOs

Batman: Arkham Knight (Only because there's a shit storm going on with the PC Version right now)
    “You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.”― Malcolm X

I watch them fight and die in the name of freedom. They speak of liberty and justice, but for whom? -Ratonhnhaké:ton (Connor Kenway)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Huskar000 View Post
    I plan on buying a PS4 in the next week or so after fixing up my room and would like some suggestions since I haven't had a console since the original xbox.

Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy X/X-2, Type-0 (Was a huge Final Fantasy player on the PS1)

Any other suggestions? Is it worth picking up games like Dark Souls & Lords of the Fallen as well if i'm into games like that?

P.S Don't suggest sports games, or racing only racing games are Need for Speed that I like.
    Dark souls is a must in my eyes bro! also the uncharted games are really really good, they get better and better!.

Picking Dark Souls up is a great call if you like Bloodborne, but make sure you get the Scholar of the First Sin version (adds all 3 dlc and adds / moves enemies a little bit around compared to the standard DS 2
    Uncharted (male tomb raider)
    DMC 4 HD (if you didn't play the original DMC 4)
    The Last of Us (remastered)
    Dark Souls 3 when it's out :P
    GTA perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

Quote Originally Posted by Kaj392 View Post
    Picking Dark Souls up is a great call if you like Bloodborne, but make sure you get the Scholar of the First Sin version (adds all 3 dlc and adds / moves enemies a little bit around compared to the standard DS 2
    Uncharted (male tomb raider)
    DMC 4 HD (if you didn't play the original DMC 4)
    The Last of Us (remastered)
    Dark Souls 3 when it's out :P
    GTA perhaps?
    DMC is devil may cry right?

DMC is devil may cry right?
    Correct. The original one, ofcourse. Not the DMC remake. It has afaik pretty much all characters from the previous 3 as playable characters.
    Quote Originally Posted by drwelfare View Post
    Strip naked, cover myself in butter and go kick some ass

10+ Year Old Account
    FFXHD. Awesome game and still holds up to today's standards.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Deleted
    What type of games do you like?

Like losing hours of life: Witcher / Dragon Age
    Like Killing prostitutes? GTA
    Like to beat up bad guys? Batman

etc/etc/etc.

There are some really good games out now (Finally) for PS4 & even more coming in the next few weeks/months

Ending up buying a white PS4 came with 5 games for $600, bought 3 other games

Bloodborne
    The Last of Us
    The Order
    Need for Speed Rivals
    Battlefield 4

Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
    Lords of the Fallen
    DMC4

First 5 came with the bundle so I saved over $100 and bought 1 year PSN subscription, keen

If I was buying a PS4 now, and hadn't played any of the games before on other platforms, I would want these games at least:
    Last of Us, Dark Souls 2, Bloodborne, FFX/X-2, GTAV, The Witcher 3, and since you say you liked FF games you should also give FFXIV a try.

Later this year (hopefully) I'd pick up Persona 5!

Edit: Almost forgot, but since you obviously haven't played any of the Uncharted games this HD collection of the first 3 being released in October would be perfect for you:

Last edited by Cakka; 2015-06-28 at 04:54 AM.

The Last of Us definitely. Honestly one of the best games made for ps3/ps4. Other than that the god of war series. If you like spectacle fighters and/or greek mythology it's awesome, + the main character is one of the best antiheroes ever made imo. Not sure if you can play ps1/ps2 games on a ps4, but if you can you could try CTR (crash team racing) for ps1, and the sly cooper series (the 3 first ones are for ps2).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If by shit storm you mean so broken that it had to be pulled from the marketplace, then yes. The PC version is going through a shit storm, considering you can't currently purchase the game at least.
    From what i've heard it's decently playable on the ps4 atleast. I personally can't play 30fps games anymore, but if you can deal with it i'd suggest giving it a try.

Deleted
    Well my husband is getting booted off his when Ratchet & Clank comes out

Deleted
    most defo last of us if you havent played it on ps3

Quote Originally Posted by ministabber View Post
    Well my husband is getting booted off his when Ratchet & Clank comes out
    Sooooo this. lol

A truly fun game would be Plants vs Zombies: Garden Warfare. It's no deep story obv, not hard to play, but in terms of just actually laughing, brilliant. (I note this is rather reliant on you being able to play it with a friend and is prolly not quite so much fun single player)

And yes, Last of us

Deleted
    Last of Us
    Alien Isolation, if you havent played it on PC already. Was my GOTY 2014
    GTA5

10+ Year Old Account
    I bought my PS4 for Bloodborne and it was worth it. So keep that on your list.

I was also surprised to have enjoyed Infamous: Second Son as much as I did. I've replayed it 3 times so far. I really recommend it.

I highly recommend both Dark Souls II and Lords of the Fallen. Don't expect LoF to be as hard as DSII but its still fun.

Infamous: Second Son is awesome and Killzone is a decent fps. Also I don't care what others say knack is fun damit
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD