Thread: Reddit bans FPH

Page 11 of 39 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    FatPeopleHate- a sub which effectively devotes time to shaming and making fat people: whether they are slightly overweight or morbidly obese, feel like they are worthless, has been banned under new harassment rules within reddit.

Meanwhile subreddits such as r/coontown, r/beatingcripples and r/rapingwomen continue to exist.

What are your thoughts on this? I personally feel it infringes on free speech and right to protest unhealthy living standards the world is falling victim too.
    whoa whoa whoa, now.... i don't take racism seriously unless it's violent real world shit. but beating cripples and raping women? what the fuck kind of shit is that? i ain't even gonna look that shit up, but is it as bad as it sounds????

Quote Originally Posted by OhGodNo View Post
    If you feel like I'm wrong, that's fine.
    Who knows, I might be?
    But please provide your sources which refute my claims, instead of trying to deny reality.
    Do you want me to take you by hand and show you where to find scientific books on biochemistry? Or maybe to find you a personal teacher to explain all concepts, which might be foreign to you?

I have already pointed where to look, and I think that's more than enough.

And I forgot to add, I especially despise when people use pseudo-scientific books as reasoning behind their xenophobia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    whoa whoa whoa, now.... i don't take racism seriously unless it's violent real world shit. but beating cripples and raping women? what the fuck kind of shit is that? i ain't even gonna look that shit up, but is it as bad as it sounds????
    Most of the people there are probably just going through an edgy teenage phase, with a few actual psychopaths in the mix.
    Could also be that they just want to offend for reactions, not sure.

10+ Year Old Account
    Most of the people there are probably just going through an edgy teenage phase, with a few actual psychopaths in the mix.
    sounds like the internet in a nutshell

Quote Originally Posted by geniebsmart View Post
    why would I hate gay people? gay people don't choose to be gay they just are.

fat people however choose to be fat and ugly unless they have a disease or something which is less than 5% of the fat people.
    So edgy. Don't cut yourself.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ferocity View Post
    Do you want me to take you by hand and show you where to find scientific books on biochemistry? Or maybe to find you a personal teacher to explain all concepts, which might be foreign to you?

I have already pointed where to look, and I think that's more than enough.

And I forgot to add, I especially despise when people use pseudo-scientific books as reasoning behind their xenophobia.
    Telling me to read 'books' within an enormous branch of physical science does not count as directing me to a source.
    There are thousands of books on the subject matter, all of which have tens of thousands of words.

You haven't even told me what your argument is, I'm not sure how general biochemistry would contradict thermodynamics.
    If you want to be taken seriously, provide me with a book title, book chapter, book page, document, link, citation, google keywords, or ANYTHING really.

By the way, disregarding an explanation of weight loss with sources provided as 'xenophobia' is so delusional I don't even know what to say.
    Last edited by mmoc5a309691d2; 2015-06-11 at 03:48 AM.

Reddit banning FPH is disturbing. With things like, spacedicks, Coontoon, WTF, animalsex, and all of that shit. It's a bit hypocritical and serves to promote the FPH.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Quote Originally Posted by Punks View Post
    you obviously are. It shows. Sad really. So you like people that Slam and HATE fat people? Wow........keep walking backwards.
    Enough with the strawman already. I don't hate anyone. And I've never shamed anyone(unlike what you have been doing).

I don't see how my posts shows me fat shaming. Your hatred is blinding you. Calm down and read my posts slowly perhaps?
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilrak View Post
    liberalism is a right wing idealogy.

If you think that there is free speech, you are so wrong. THere is no free speech, not anymore. You may think you have free speech but in reality, you do not have the right to it. We all lost that right long time ago.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    If you think that there is free speech, you are so wrong. THere is no free speech, not anymore. You may think you have free speech but in reality, you do not have the right to it. We all lost that right long time ago.
    I think you misunderstood something.
    What they're doing goes under corporate censorship, it has nothing to do with freedom of speech.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Reddit banning FPH is disturbing. With things like, spacedicks, Coontoon, WTF, animalsex, and all of that shit. It's a bit hypocritical and serves to promote the FPH.
    FPH was a disgusting subreddit but it wasn't banned just because of what they discuss there. FPH was banned because it brigaded discussions outside of it domain, bullied users in other subreddits, poached pics of unsuspecting people from other subreddits to feed their hate, even went as far as slap a bunch of Imgur employees onto their sidebar to ridicule them. They couldn't keep their hate within their own subreddit, the community was out of control. /r/fitness hates them, which says a lot.

FPH also wasn't the only subreddit banned, a number of malicious subreddits were also banned. The subreddits weren't banned because they were crude or to squander their free speech, they were banned because they couldn't keep shit within their subreddit. And too be honest, who cares if reddit decides to clean up its subreddits.

1. It should have done that a long time ago after reddit's numerous internet vigilante blunders.

2. Getting blasted on national news for subreddits like /r/jailbait and /r/thefappening.

Its a bit embarrassing that such a large and powerful hub of the internet still puts up with some of the crap that it does because "mah free speech, 1984".

no need for hating people. if someone is fat and refuses to change then the consequences will catch up with them soon enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some call it the "Summer of Reddit".

Every summer a bunch of "edgy" teenagers and 20 somethings (older too but they should really be damn ashamed of themselves for participating in such immature behavior even if they agree) with nothing better to do and show the internet how smart and edgy they are. Its like the freshman who took one political class and can suddenly solve all the world's problems.

This year its FPH. Last year it was /r/atheism drama and borderline racist memes I think. I really don't care. It happens ever summer. It pops up on Facebook and Youtube too.

Telling me to read 'books' within an enormous branch of physical science does not count as directing me to a source.
    There are thousands of books on the subject matter, all of which have tens of thousands of words.

You haven't even told me what your argument is, I'm not sure how general biochemistry would contradict thermodynamics.
    If you want to be taken seriously, provide me with a book title, book chapter, book page, document, link, citation, google keywords, or ANYTHING really.
    Science isn't something which can be just googled for the answers you need, that's what makes it different from pseudo-scientific books. You need to learn basics of the science and understand its whole picture. Yes, it means reading "tens of thousands of words" to understand what can go wrong in human's body. If you were truly interested, you'd already find some basic book on biochemistry. Even if I'd feel generous in recommending you good books, I can recommend only in Russian language, which is my first language. But I am sure there are enough biochemistry books written on the language of your land.
    By the way, disregarding an explanation of weight loss with sources provided as 'xenophobia' is so delusional I don't even know what to say.
    You take it so personally, don't you? I didn't address it to you, though you are showing more and more signs of xenophobia and unwillingness to educate yourself. It is fine to not know something and be eager to learn, but it isn't fine to boast of ignorance. People in this thread already pointed many reasons on weight-loss beside "too much calories" reason. You want truly scientific reasons (biochemistry in this case)? Learn that science first. Then maybe you'll understand that science isn't some random assortment of articles unlike those pseudo-scientific books.

The Lightbringer theostrichsays's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    In my douche canoe crossing the Delaware.
    So there was a askreddit thread about what subreddits should be banned, and I came across a post on here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/AskReddit/co..._new/?sort=top
    By a user named MacaroniRabbi and it looks like a lot of this has to do with FPH getting into a pissing contest with Imgur and also harassing imgur users/admins.
    This is probably gonig to format horribly but...

[–]ProspitMonarch 1091 points 8 hours ago
    From what I understand Imgur was beginning to delete some photos yesterday that were posted to FatPeopleHate, citing harassment, which began angering the subreddit. In response the Sub posted a photo on their sidebar of the Imgur Admins calling them 'Hammy Hams' or something similar and making fun of their weight in general. Imgur then responded by banning FatPeopleHate completely from their site and went on to delete even more photos. It blew up from there fairly quickly from what I hear. But seeing as this was out-right harassment of people and the Imgur Admins, the Sub was banned today.
    permalinksaveparentreportgive goldreply
    [–]TheWookieOfKashyyyk 764 points 5 hours ago
    You're half right. The way Imgur works is that they have their own "user-submitted" area that Imgur people post photos too. These can then get upvoted to the front page like Reddit. The front page also automatically takes all photos hosted on Imgur that reach the front page of Reddit.
    A few days ago after numerous complaints from Imgur's users they blocked /r/fatpeoplehate posts that reach Reddits front page from going to the Imgur front page. FatPeopleHate got offended and spent a few days posting pictures of Imgurs employees mocking them for being fat including having the side bar pic a composition of several of them.
    Then they were banned.
    If that is true, then I can definetly understand this a lot more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Axelhander View Post
    Thank you for mansplaining how opinions work.
    Also you're wrong, the people who agree with you are wrong, and you're probably ugly.
    Ever been so angry at everyone on the internet you tell a woman she is mansplaining?

My thoughts: Who cares? If you don't like something, don't go there. If you do, congratulations, you're most likely a piece of shit and a horrible person with terrible morals like the people who go to those places. It's entertaining to see people justify being terrible people and actually thinking that it's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    inb4 someone says it's ok to hate fat people if they are white or cis males.
    Nobody ever says that, but someone ALWAYS says "inb4" that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Floopa View Post
    FatPeopleHate- a sub which effectively devotes time to shaming and making fat people: whether they are slightly overweight or morbidly obese, feel like they are worthless, has been banned under new harassment rules within reddit.

Meanwhile subreddits such as r/coontown, r/beatingcripples and r/rapingwomen continue to exist.

What are your thoughts on this? I personally feel it infringes on free speech and right to protest unhealthy living standards the world is falling victim too.
    That is so cute you think free speech means reddit can't censor stuff. They can do whatever they want. They could promote the subs you listed if they wanted to.

I think it's a great thing they removed it and they should remove the others you listed. But that isn't up to me or you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    Maybe the people running Reddit are fat white racists who are into bestiality. Would explain it!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vormav View Post
    That is so cute you think free speech means reddit can't censor stuff. They can do whatever they want. They could promote the subs you listed if they wanted to.
    True, reddit can ban whatever they like from their forums, that's their free speech. And they can also be criticised for it, that's also free speech.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Reddit doesn't have to give anyone a soap box if they don't want to. Want to shame fat people?

Make a BBS at www.shamefatpeople.com or some other host name you might happen to acquire. There, now you have your own soap box.

Freedom of speech is in tact. Move along.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"