Poll: Do you think blizzard will cave and allow flying after all?

Page 1 of 28
... LastLast

Do you think blizzard will cave and allow flying after all?

Blizzard flat out said we were caught off guard by the immense player rage surrounding their decision to remove flying.

Do you think they will change their minds? I think they just might. They have already lost over 3 million subs in 3 months. Returning flying would make many people happy. There is no real support for non flying so that will not hurt them.

Since all Blizzard know are extremes they'll probably make flying the only option. Ground mounts will be 15% speed and flying mounts will be 937%.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tuesday View Post
    There is no real support for non flying so that will not hurt them.
    You must be blind.

Quote Originally Posted by Acelius View Post
    Since all Blizzard know are extremes they'll probably make flying the only option. Ground mounts will be 15% speed and flying mounts will be 937%.
    Nah, they'll remove your character's legs and turn WoW into Zone of the Enders.

I think they won't, they will continue with no flying - mostly because even though they realize that no flying will cost them subs and a tremendous amount of trust / goodwill, they are both too stubborn and too greedy to turn back (without flying they can do less content that will last as long as now - that's huge).

No because no flying means they can add less content. Compare the size of WoD vs MoP. Plus we're considered cyclical.

Besides that - there's been ongoing rage ever since they backtracked on the quest line to add it. Didn't stop them then.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fibh View Post
    You must be blind.
    Past expansions with much higher sub number say otherwise. BC added flying and look how the game took off. Anti flyers are just trying to stir up shit with the masses. No one honestly wants no flying.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I hope so, but I doubt it.

They know they can ignore the community since everyone forgot about bladespire/karabor within the month and get away with it.
    It's why they put more effort into store mounts than they do into patches these days.

I hope they won't. If the people on the forums are to be believed (which I know shouldn't always be the case), it wouldn't change much. Folks want reasons to be mad at Blizz. But if they bring flying back, those people will then go "but there's still no content, stop trying to use flying as an excuse to not give us content," yadda, yadda, yadda.

Blizzard's making a decision they think is best for the game. I'd like to see them stick with a direction instead of making snap decisions whenever the players whine at a high enough pitch.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope not.

Quote Originally Posted by Grim Tuesday View Post
    Do you think they will change their minds? I think they just might. They have already lost over 3 million subs in 3 months. Returning flying would make many people happy. There is no real support for non flying so that will not hurt them.
    Correlation != causation.

Inb4 lock.

No, it's for the betterment of the game.

I've been waiting since BC for it to be removed, and am SO glad it's finally gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    Past expansions with much higher sub number say otherwise. BC added flying and look how the game took off. Anti flyers are just trying to stir up shit with the masses. No one honestly wants no flying.
    This might be the worst argument I've ever seen.

I'm glad they axed flying, so there goes your second point. As for the first point, correlation doesn't equal causation, blah blah, logical fallacies, I shouldn't have to explain this.

Anyone who doesn't want to fly is more than welcome to stay on the ground where you can currently fly. Flawed arguments all around.

They'd be stupid not to. Hopefully they will.

Where is the "Don't care" option?

The world is better without flying.

Can we stop with these fucking threads already? My god! How many people do we need making pointless threads like this when there are a million others?
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Eventually Blizzard will cave, the biggest competitor (FF XIV) is adding flying to the game, and they're already poaching players from WoW who are bored/disillusioned with WoW for other reasons as well, so from pure business sense taking one advantage away from the competition is a good idea, it also makes for a big "See? We do listen to you guys!"-gesture, maybe they're holding it back for optimal timing... :3

Quote Originally Posted by Cerus View Post
    HAHA omg this is hilarious. please elaborate i NEED to know this!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    People on this site hate everything. Keep that in mind.

I voted no... but maybe something like 15k gold to unlock flying per character at level 100 in Draenor would be a decent gold sink...

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably not until the next expansion, if at all. I think the devs are sick of people bypassing all the content they've made. Hell, maybe it's an excuse to slow people down from absorbing content so they can take their time making more of it? Who knows?