Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Nothing yet. I haven't seen any more mouse activity in the last couple of days since I discovered the stuff in my trunk. Nothing in any of the traps yet either. I also thoroughly cleaned out all the stuff that I keep in my trunk (toolbox, etc) and saw nothing in there.

I'm going to guess that the mouse (or mice) got in while I was parked somewhere, made themselves at home for a bit (complete with nests), and left. I'm thinking it was probably more than one, since I saw evidence that they'd been in both the trunk and inside the glovebox. My back seats are the ones that can fold forward and made and open up into the trunk, so I don't find it hard to picture a mouse squeezing in and out through there.

Maybe the little shits will stay gone now.

10+ Year Old Account
    When I had a problem with mice I'd stick glue traps all over with a small piece of stinky cheese right in the center.

I really didn't like killing the poor guys, but it was the only effective method I used.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imadraenei View Post
    You can find that unbiased view somewhere between Atlantis and that unicorn farm down the street, just off Interstate √(-1).

Teach them to drive. Then you will have your own chauffer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Get a cat, my cat used to kill mice all the time.
    what do you do to get rid of the cat?

get a snake?

but then how do you get rid of the snake?

GET A SHARK
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    napalm is the obvious solution. or you could try a mousetrap i guess or some sort of spray. but napalm is more efficient.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Questions like this is why I miss cartalk on NPR

Deleted
    Have you thought of a possibility that the mice are not only in your car, but rather in the places you park your car in?

And have you also taken into consideration the possibility that the mice actually just take your car out for a spin when you're asleep?

Don't eat in your car

be a champ

wait until you get home to eat

eat when you get home

open the wrapper when you are out of your car

after you open the wrapper make sure you eat away from the car

GET AWAY FROM THE CAR

PUT YOUR HANDS BEHIND YOUR BACK

but dont ever eat in the car

if you eat in the car you will get mice and snakes

dont ever eat in the fucking car

eat in the resterunt or at home

its better to eat at homr

Use the scented dryer sheets like bounce or whatever there called. My aunt had problems with mice getting into the squirrel cage fan in her explorer. The dealer told her to use the sheets an just stuff them where ever she could around the vehicle. Had to replace the fan twice before we finally said fine we will try it. Never had an issue again an it makes the car smell good to.

I would pull out the interior and thoroughly clean and inspect the shell, then put the interior back in. I wouldn't want the smell of dead rodents in my car, it would be impossible to get rid of the smell.

Isn't it more likely the mice are in your garage (car port? Whatever Americans call it?) than your car?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Quote Originally Posted by ugotownd View Post
    Use the scented dryer sheets like bounce or whatever there called. My aunt had problems with mice getting into the squirrel cage fan in her explorer. The dealer told her to use the sheets an just stuff them where ever she could around the vehicle. Had to replace the fan twice before we finally said fine we will try it. Never had an issue again an it makes the car smell good to.
    Might give this a shot.

Still haven't seen any more evidence of mouse activity in the car for the last few days. I'm thinking the mouse/mice are gone. Although we've been having some record high temperatures here the last few days, so I don't imagine the inside of my parked car with doors shut/windows up when it's 90+ degrees outside is a very comfortable place to be for any living thing.

Going to try pulling out some of the dashboard parts this weekend and see if anything is in there. The car smells fine. There is no obvious "something died in here" smell. I'm more interested in seeing if I can spot an opening. I know they were in the glovebox at some point, and the only way I imagine they can get in there when it's almost never open is by crawling in from under the hood into the area behind the dashboard somehow (I'm no mechanic and can't really figure out the specifics there, just applying logic).

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Isn't it more likely the mice are in your garage (car port? Whatever Americans call it?) than your car?
    I don't actually keep it parked in a garage. It's just in a paved driveway in front of the house. And I've never seen any evidence of mouse activity in or around the house. I do have a garage, but it's mostly a junk storage/work area.
    Last edited by Ciddy; 2015-06-16 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaxi View Post
    When I had a problem with mice I'd stick glue traps all over with a small piece of stinky cheese right in the center.

I really didn't like killing the poor guys, but it was the only effective method I used.
    How did you kill them? Glue traps don't exactly "kill" their victims. And they're not the only "effective" method either.

10+ Year Old Account
    i guess in the future you wont leave an old mcdonalds bag on the floor for a month now eh? lol
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    Maybe you should consider getting a cat for your car?
    Yup, car cat is clearly the only solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I giggled
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.