Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third

Tales of Zestiria for PS4, PS3, and PC/steam in October

No idea where the thread for this game is but here we go. Anyway hype for PC release

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/...57030b46000017

Bandai Namco Games has announced the game will be available on PlayStation 3 and PlayStation 4 on October 16th across Europe, Australasia, and the Middle-East. In North America, the game will be available on consoles on October 20th, and in Brazil on October 23rd. The PC release (via Steam) will also be available on October 20th.

The upcoming release of Zestiria will mark the first ever appearance of the long-running JRPG series on PlayStation 4. To go along with the announcement, the publisher released the following trailer, which provides a sneak peek at the game's story.

The announcement notes that this release information applies specifically to those in Europe, Middle-East, and Australasia, so those in North America should stay tuned for an update on when it will be coming to their region as well.

Just last week, Bandai Namco unveiled another new entry in the series, which is currently confirmed for release in Japan for both current and last-gen PlayStation platforms. The game is titled Tales of Berseria, and stars a female protagonist named Velvet.
    Last edited by Hellravager; 2015-06-12 at 08:57 PM.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

October? Much sooner than I thought! Nice!

Never played them and may never play this, but I'm still glad to see more and more JRPG's coming to PC.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Never played them and may never play this, but I'm still glad to see more and more JRPG's coming to PC.
    You really should play some of the Tales series if you get a chance. Really depends on what systems you have access to though. I'd say Tales of Vesperia on the Xbox is worthy as is some of the older ones. I know Symphonia is on the 3ds

Choosing the crapiest Tales game of all time that was out sourced developed to hell as your first entry into the PC market sounds dumb. So if the game get's shit on and doesn't sell well you have an excuse to not port future Tales games, that may actually be good games.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    You really should play some of the Tales series if you get a chance. Really depends on what systems you have access to though. I'd say Tales of Vesperia on the Xbox is worthy as is some of the older ones. I know Symphonia is on the 3ds
    Symphonia is not on the 3DS. You have the OG gc version, the ps2 port and the hd remaster on ps3.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    Choosing the crapiest Tales game of all time that was out sourced developed to hell as your first entry into the PC market sounds dumb. So if the game get's shit on and doesn't sell well you have an excuse to not port future Tales games, that may actually be good games.

- - - Updated - - -

Symphonia is not on the 3DS. You have the OG gc version, the ps2 port and the hd remaster on ps3.
    Oh derp I was confusing myself. Symphonia was re-released on PS3 along with its sequel. Abyss is the one that went on the 3ds

10+ Year Old Account
    I am actually pretty excited for this one. Hopefully they'll have a collector's edition I can pre-order.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2015-06-13 at 08:46 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

10+ Year Old Account
    With all the E3 info this was missed but updating now with system requirements, keep in mind its not final.

http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/14...ents-revealed/

Since we’re still a few months from release, there’s a chance these may not be the finalized requirements, but for now they’re all we have to go on. Check them out:

MINIMUM:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+, 2.6GHz
    Memory: 1 GB RAM
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 8800GT / ATI Radeon HD 4830
    DirectX: Version 9.0
    Hard Drive: 12 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Gamepad support

RECOMMENDED:

Processor: Intel Core i3-530, 2.93 GHz / AMD Phenom II X4 940, 3.0GHz
    Memory: 4 GB RAM
    Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti / AMD Radeon HD 7850
    DirectX: Version 9.0
    Hard Drive: 12 GB available space
    Additional Notes: Gamepad support

We’ll keep an eye on the PC version of Tales of Zestiria and share updates should new information regarding the PC port surface within the next few months.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

You guys really should not be getting too hyped for this game.

It got tore a new one in Japan and still has a 1.5 star rating on amazon.jp

I haven't played it personally, but it is by far the worst Japanese reception of a Tales game I can ever remember reading about. We are talking about an rpg series that is 2nd only to FF in Japan.

10+ Year Old Account
    You guys really should not be getting too hyped for this game.

It got tore a new one in Japan and still has a 1.5 star rating on amazon.jp

I haven't played it personally, but it is by far the worst Japanese reception of a Tales game I can ever remember reading about. We are talking about an rpg series that is 2nd only to FF in Japan.
    I really do not care, take your score and shove it mate i'm going to be playing it still

- - - Updated - - -

Another reason why i dont care for your review scores is that they rated one of my favorite games as a 1.4 despite it being really good, another thing the whole debate about the character leaving then being reintroduced as dlc thats why the scores so low alot of butt hurt people about it

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    I really do not care, take your score and shove it mate i'm going to be playing it still

- - - Updated - - -

Another reason why i dont care for your review scores is that they rated one of my favorite games as a 1.4 despite it being really good, another thing the whole debate about the character leaving then being reintroduced as dlc thats why the scores so low alot of butt hurt people about it
    That's not a review score. That is 2,500 people that bought the game on amazon.jp and most of them detest it.

As for the character situation you don't sound informed on the matter.

They took a very important story character out of most of the story and added to it as DLC. And guess what? You're still going to have to pay extra for that DLC in the west to. Sorry.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's not a review score. That is 2,500 people that bought the game on amazon.jp and most of them detest it.
    Still doesnt mean shit they can be fans of entire different series then hating on another game just to do so for the hell of it

- - - Updated - - -

I just looked at a few of them through translation in google chrome and i honestly cant stand reading it its like reading a 5 year olds writing

You google translated Japanese to English and you are surprised it sounds terrible?

Do you even understand how google translate works? Hint: it doesn't take into account the massive grammar differences between languages, nor rework sentence structure.

10+ Year Old Account
    You google translated Japanese to English and you are surprised it sounds terrible?

Do you even understand how google translate works? Hint: it doesn't take into account the massive grammar differences between languages, nor rework sentence structure.
    They also bitch about tiny little shit and give it 1 star lawl bro u mad?

- - - Updated - - -

Another thing 2,500 people out of whats the world population? and half the players dont even review/score it at all so your reviews dont really mean shit

Quote Originally Posted by Hellravager View Post
    They also bitch about tiny little shit and give it 1 star lawl bro u mad?
    Certainly not considering I own pretty much every Tales game that has come West, and know a shit sounding game when I hear it. It honestly sounds like you're mad that PC is getting the midget of the Tales family.

Hopefully Namco releases a Tales game that DOES NOT blow on PC in the near future, so people can experience a non broken story that dlc is needed for, nor a broken ass combat system, nor corners cut out sourced bullshit game.

Hopefully Berseria makes it to PC as it is being made 100% by Tales Team and not outsourced garbage like Zesteria.

They took a very important story character out of most of the story and added to it as DLC. And guess what? You're still going to have to pay extra for that DLC in the west to. Sorry.
    That kinda sounds like you're admitting that it's because of butthurt, not that it's a bad game.

I mean, look at what happened to Dota 2 when Valve said "No diretide this year". The score plunged horribly on a few different sites just because of pure butthurt.

Also, to back this up, although it's from wikipedia

It has received positive reviews in Japanese gaming magazines, and sold over 400,000 units in its first week. Despite the praise, it has received criticism from fans for its handling of the game's characters.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Zestiria

And on the topic of being outsourced, it does also say on the wiki
    It features multiple staff members from previous entries in the series: they include producer Hideo Baba, battle programmer Tatsuro Udo, designers Kōsuke Fujishima and Mutsumi Inomata, and composers Motoi Sakuraba and Go Shiina.
    So I guess elaborate?

10+ Year Old Account

As for the character situation as long as it doesnt ruin the story do you really think anyone will care enough to say fuck you im done peace?

- - - Updated - - -

Certainly not considering I own pretty much every Tales game that has come West, and know a shit sounding game when I hear it. It honestly sounds like you're mad that PC is getting the midget of the Tales family.

Hopefully Namco releases a Tales game that DOES NOT blow on PC in the near future, so people can experience a non broken story that dlc is needed for, nor a broken ass combat system, nor corners cut out sourced bullshit game.

Hopefully Berseria makes it to PC as it is being made 100% by Tales Team and not outsourced garbage like Zesteria.
    Lawl man you dont read for shit im hyped for it bro im HYPED In all CAPS bro im happy im not mad or sad or angry or disgusted. Also thats your opinion bro

10+ Year Old Account
    WOOO this makes me happy, the what I thought would be a lead female character not being included does bother me a smidgen but not enough to not be excited at a Tales game being on PC.

Though I would much rather have Tales of Vesperia on PC next, I refuse to buy an xbox.

You should never take Famitsu scores serious. If you do, you're doing it wrong.

Fan opinion matters a hell of a lot more then famitsu. Or do you think FFXIII is a 10/10 game? Because that's what 2 famitsu guys gave it, and the other a 9/10.

Lastly, for the final bit Tech
    Bandai Namco are keeping the situation in mind while considering whether to release Alisha After Episode with the main game or as a standalone product in the west.
    Under the reception part of
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tales_of_Zestiria

It really, really sounds like the rage is just from butthurt fans, not the game actually being bad, and it does seem like you're a bit off on a few things, since you've claimed it had a bad reception in general, and the DLC will be coming here as DLC, which it seems like they don't want to do.