Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tahrr View Post
    they are focusing on story and just flat out buffing the old content to new levels, thats one way to completely destroy whatever raiding guilds there are left. I can't even comprihend in what fucking universe this is a good way to run an MMO, but wouldn't be the first time they fail to deliver, hyped for the story, yes, but dear god atleast try to step up your fucking game
    Except that the single biggest request has been for more story, specifically class story, not raids. By buffing old content, they're ensuring that they have low cost supplementary content to go alongside the new stuff that they're working on.

Honestly, I doubt the remaining raiding guilds are going to go anywhere, even without a ton of new content, or that they make up a significant chunk of their population.

Let's be honest, Raiding in Swtor was never going to be big as in comparable to WoW, Frankly i hardly see people advertising for raids in chat anymore, so i think they've done right by sticking to the big percentage and advance your character in a single powerful player story arc than rather raiding to continue the story like other games. Though i do admit endgame is bland, perhaps some sort of timed trial pve would suffice or include actual pvp /pve space battles like the old star wars battlefront game had.

10+ Year Old Account
    If they introduced a Battlefront style of pvp to the game. I'm pretty sure it would be awesome beyond belief. When I'm playing the game, I like that I can do all Flashpoints solo now with a droid. I also like getting new gear to upgrade myself and gearing up my companions. I also do story from two perspectives. Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight. The Warrior started out as the loyal soldier and then became disenfranchised with what the Empire was and made choices of what he saw fit for how the Empire should operate. The Knight is basically played out like Light Revan from KotOR, where the rigid rules of the Jedi can be harmful and must be bent.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Let's be honest, Raiding in Swtor was never going to be big as in comparable to WoW, Frankly i hardly see people advertising for raids in chat anymore, so i think they've done right by sticking to the big percentage and advance your character in a single powerful player story arc than rather raiding to continue the story like other games. Though i do admit endgame is bland, perhaps some sort of timed trial pve would suffice or include actual pvp /pve space battles like the old star wars battlefront game had.
    I dunno what server you play on, but on Jedi Covenant you can't go to fleet without seeing a few Operation PUGs forming up in general.

Beyond that you have PVP, and Conquest for endgame. I honestly really enjoy conquest. I also enjoy the micro content updates like ziost.

The thing is that certain servers have very low population. If you can't conform to a guild schedule you won't being doing many operations. None of the group content (pvp, Flash points (4man dungeon) or ops (8/16 man raids) have cross server fuction at this time so the queues suck, especially on low pop servers. The best thing to do is find a guild or realm that has people playing when you are available for group stuff. Or just level alts, do dailies, and pick one of the higher pop servers. There a couple pretty high pop servers.

Jedi Covenant and Ebon Hawke I think are highest pop.
    Last edited by Tanro; 2015-06-17 at 09:07 PM.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah on Jedi Covenant there's usually at least 1-2 ops looking for members all the time on both fleets.

On Red Eclipse there are always PUGs for raids. Anytime you go at the fleet, there are always people doing raids. And that's the republic side, I believe the Imperial side has even more players and PUGs forming.

Having said that, I am really curious to see what they will do regarding the group-play elements of the game. So far the messages are not very encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by Rathoric View Post
    Let's be honest, Raiding in Swtor was never going to be big as in comparable to WoW, Frankly i hardly see people advertising for raids in chat anymore,

I'm curious what server your on because I have a felling you have no idea what you're talking about with the above statement.

Raiding is pretty damn big in SW. They even implemented rewards to make running older ops worth running through group finder well after you have out leveled them. Plus, Our guild is huge JC, we have gamers still in and out of wow, HM raiding is every bit on par with wow raiding. Hell, some bosses are harder in SW.

While SWTOR is nothing short of amazing because of the stories, flash points and ops are nothing to scoff at.

never have done any ops but I liked a lot of the flash points

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the OPs fights are brutal. Since there isn't a prolific community for guides. You are constantly trying to figure out what happens. With the Dread Fortress on Story mode. We downed the first boss, it was easy but I felt tense the entire way because I was with people I didn't have complete faith in (I had a healer and dps Commando friend run with me). The second boss was a logistical nightmare because people can't follow directions and the difficulty curve decided to go from 3 to 9. Every other boss was more of a pain in the ass than the previous boss. There is at least one puzzle boss in every OPs it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by quras View Post
    I'm curious what server your on because I have a felling you have no idea what you're talking about with the above statement.

Raiding is pretty damn big in SW. They even implemented rewards to make running older ops worth running through group finder well after you have out leveled them. Plus, Our guild is huge JC, we have gamers still in and out of wow, HM raiding is every bit on par with wow raiding. Hell, some bosses are harder in SW.

While SWTOR is nothing short of amazing because of the stories, flash points and ops are nothing to scoff at.
    Yeah i work night shifts practically full time, Usually 8.30pm - 6am, so I'm pretty much forced to settle for 1-4pm time slots so I'm pretty limited in retrospect to my wow days. Regardless, few people advertise during that time slot for me during weekdays on the Red Eclipse server for the 2-3 days i devote from the week to Swtor.
    Last edited by Champagne Supernova; 2015-06-18 at 06:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Well thats kinda gay

http://dulfy.net/2015/06/15/swtor-kn...xpansion-info/

FAQ

1. What is the launch date for Knights of the Fallen Empire?
    The official launch date for Knights of the Fallen Empire is October 27, 2015.

Players who have been a subscriber from July 31 through October 19, 2015 gain Early Access beginning October 20, 2015, one week before the official launch date.

2. What features will be available during Early Access?
    All features will be available at the start of Early Access on October 20, 2015.

3. How do I obtain my Knights of the Fallen Empire Pre-Launch Reward items?
    If you has an active subscription from July 31 through October 19, 2015, you will receive your Pre-Launch Reward items via in-game mail at the start of Early Access on October 20, 2015.

If you are not eligible for Early Access, you will receive your rewards via in-game mail on October 27, 2015.

4. How do I get the Epic Story XP Boost?
    All active subscribers automatically receive the Epic Story XP Boost; the boost expires October 19, 2015.

5. Can I still get Knights of the Fallen Empire if I don’t have Rise of the Hutt Cartel or Shadow of Revan?
    All subscribers will receive access to Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Shadow of Revan starting on October 27, 2015.

6. How do I pre-order Knights of the Fallen Empire?
    Knights of the Fallen Empire is not available for pre-order as it is free to all active subscribers . You must be an active subscriber to receive the expansion.

7. When will Chapters be released?
    Knights of the Fallen Empire will launch with the first 9 episodic Chapters of the story. The remaining chapters will be released monthly starting in early 2016.

8. Is the Outlander a new class in Star Wars: The Old Republic?
    No, Knights of the Fallen Empire keeps the 8 core classes, but your character’s story becomes that of the Outlander, a veteran of the Great Galactic War.

9. What if I unsubscribe from Star Wars: The Old Republic after October?
    If you unsubscribe after October 27, 2015, you will keep the first 9 Chapters of Knights of the Fallen Empire, but will not receive any additional Chapters when they are released.

10. What if I don’t subscribe until all the Chapters are released?
    If you subscribe after the launch of Knights of the Fallen Empire, you will receive all the content that has been released up to that date. However, as a subscriber you are eligible for great benefits that you don’t want to miss out on such as a monthly Cartel Coin grant and access to the full spectrum of character species.
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    I quess they will be bringing some more new during E3 and Gamescom.

10+ Year Old Account
    By Lieutenant Colonel Whiskers McBallofur Maximilliamus the Third
    Quote Originally Posted by TinyTauren View Post
    I quess they will be bringing some more new during E3 and Gamescom.
    I like how i'll get SoR and this for free thats the only good point for me saves me 20 i can go spend in a few hrs on my steam, oh and E3 is already over bro
    “Snow can only live in the winter. When it nears a fire, it dies. That is its life. It may yearn for summer, but… it can only desire it. In my hand, the snow becomes water, because this is not its world….”
    “The boundless Heavens and Earth are the final resting place of all living things. Life is like a journey, filled with various scenery, various paths.

Deleted
    Not coming back until they do something about the button bloat and/or add macros. I don't play a feral druid or sub rogue in wow because of this and sure as hell not gonna play a game where all classes are feral druids and sub rogues.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryas View Post
    I know some people won't agree, but they should say screw end game and trying to be WoW, and make compelling story stuff that you can do with other people and so on. How many people really do HM ops and the like on a consistent basis? I know it's a small percentage of the people who are actually playing this game.
    I agree. Chasing the raid or die end game model.is a failure.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    I agree. Chasing the raid or die end game model.is a failure.
    If you don't have REAL and COMPELLING end game content, your MMO will die. One cannot do just pvp as end game nor endless questing, before getting really bored. Raiding is the only way for an AAA MMO to hang on to players because it allows working together toward a goal and failing repeatedly until getting it right. Quests and shit can be dealt with in several days and then whine about nothing to do the following months until the next content patch.

But I would be very much interested in your ideas for end game content that keeps people interested in it.

Oh, epic endless grinding is not end game content unless your game is made in Korea.

An MMO without repeatable, group-based content is not an MMO and you will just be paying a monthly sub for your single player game. While some might think it's a good idea, I believe most people can see the irony in the whole argument. However, with the current generation of gamers much stranger things have happened and were profitable, so what do I know?

Quote Originally Posted by Pourekos View Post
    An MMO without repeatable, group-based content is not an MMO and you will just be paying a monthly sub for your single player game. While some might think it's a good idea, I believe most people can see the irony in the whole argument. However, with the current generation of gamers much stranger things have happened and were profitable, so what do I know?
    And whats not "repeatable" about it?

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    I just meant it's not going to be WoW where all the game is is the raiding at the end. This game has story elements to it and if done correctly, it can be treated kind of like a single player MMORPG. Most people I know in SWTOR at most do story mode ops.

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    And whats not "repeatable" about it?
    Is that a serious question? Or did you just skipped the "group-based content" part on purpose?