Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Yeah, there's a whole push going on right now to get it picked up. Fingers crossed it works!
    I meant two and four, obviously :P lol but yeah, I kinda get the feeling that we might win this one with a pickup somewheres.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    I meant two and four, obviously :P lol but yeah, I kinda get the feeling that we might win this one with a pickup somewheres.
    I think there's a good chance. the figures were great, and the fanbase is clearly large, so I think if they can marshal enough people to spam someone is BOUND to pick it up.

I'm hoping for Netflix.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

WWWHHHHHAAAAAAATTTTT!!!!!!!!

MOTHER FUCKER.

Just googled it :'( how the hell can they cancel the show there? Season three was fucking SOLID and that cliffhanger had me hyped... I can't believe the paint by numbers bullshit of Killjoys gets two more seasons, but the genuinely solid Dark Matter doesn't get passed it's third.

Fuck SyFy SO much. I guess they need space for "Quality" programming like Blood Drive...
    killjoys is less expensive since its a co production with space but syfy owns half the rights while space owns all of the rights for dark matter and syfy just pays to put it on their channel.

also why hate on blood drive? blood drive is great, its a grindhouse film in tv show format

"Films shot for and screened at grindhouses characteristically contain large amounts of sex, violence, or bizarre subject matter. One featured genre were "roughies" or sexploitation films, a mix of sex, violence and sadism. Quality varied, but low budget production values and poor print quality were common. Critical opinions varied regarding typical grindhouse fare, but many films acquired cult following and critical praise."

yeah sure, its cheesy and over the top and alot of gratuitous violence and sex but thats what grindhouses are supposed to be and they were always up front from when it was greenlit that it was going to be a grindhouse television show

if its not your cup of tea thats fine but dont knock it for being exactly what it promised everyone to be, and for being on tv i think its been pretty faithful to the grindhouse genre
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Welp... so much for Blood Drive as well.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/syfy-can...er-one-season/

Quote Originally Posted by ItachiZaku View Post
    Welp... so much for Blood Drive as well.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/syfy-can...er-one-season/
    That sucks. At least we've still got killjoys and 12 monkeys that get to finish out and the magicians is doing really well

Grind house stuff has always been pretty niche though outside of Tarantino movies and the ratings we're low so I kinda expected it to not last long.
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

Dang, really bothered by this cancellation. I wasn't into the whole aliens idea, but I was really enjoying being in this world again.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

10+ Year Old Account
    It did feel like this season was a bit of a jumbled mess but the show was far and away better then Killjoys. Sad to see it got canceled. But this kind of thing is pretty par for the course for SyFy.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    That sucks. At least we've still got killjoys and 12 monkeys that get to finish out and the magicians is doing really well
    Honestly, if I'd had to choose one to cancel, in order to save the other, I would have dropped Killjoys in a HEARTBEAT, if it meant saving Dark Matter :'(.

12 Monkeys is fantastic though, binged season three when they released it a while back and it was so damn good. Can't wait to see how they wrap it all up next season.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

The show did have cancelled written over it from the start. Its always an up hill battle with sci fi so anything short of a hit is on burrowed time generally due to high production costs.

Honestly, if I'd had to choose one to cancel, in order to save the other, I would have dropped Killjoys in a HEARTBEAT, if it meant saving Dark Matter :'(.

12 Monkeys is fantastic though, binged season three when they released it a while back and it was so damn good. Can't wait to see how they wrap it all up next season.
    Agreed. also having the main chick also play the villain in Killjoys kind of killed it for me. slapping green lipstick on and and acting like a child does not a good villain make.

Deleted
    I was about to say it didn't necessarily have a "cancelled vibe", but rather a "Canadian vibe" from the get go, but then I looked stuff up in the pediwikia and found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...uced_in_Canada

I mean... Are there even any sci-fi shows produced in the US?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lex Icon View Post
    Agreed. also having the main chick also play the villain in Killjoys kind of killed it for me. slapping green lipstick on and and acting like a child does not a good villain make.
    Yeah, that was a BAD idea... And they way they explained/resolved it was equally stupid. Also, how much do you want to bet "The Lady", who is the final antagonist is ALSO going to turn out to be Hannah John-Kamen?

People need to take note, just because Tatiana managed to play every role in Orphan Black, doesn't mean you can randomly throw multiple roles for the same actor in every show and expect it to work...

Or Eddie Murphy!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The show did have cancelled written over it from the start.
    Thats clearly not true with the numbers it pulled....

Yeah, that was a BAD idea... And they way they explained/resolved it was equally stupid. Also, how much do you want to bet "The Lady", who is the final antagonist is ALSO going to turn out to be Hannah John-Kamen?

People need to take note, just because Tatiana managed to play every role in Orphan Black, doesn't mean you can randomly throw multiple roles for the same actor in every show and expect it to work...
    yeah.. how can you fuck up a show about bounty hunters in space so badly anyway?

Not sure why this devolved into a hate the Killjoys thread. Dark Matter got canned because it was more expensive then Killjoys and SYFY can make more money on Killjoys over the long run. However, what was the death kneel to Dark Matter was the fact that SYFY is trying to do a overhaul of their image. They have a lot of original programing that they want to air and something has to go to make room.

Dark Matter had good ratings, only slightly worse then Killjoys. It did a good job of retaining is audience. Any time a show attempts to get Netflix and its ilk to save it, it is a long shot. However, as far as long shot bets go Dark Matter is a good bet. Netflix keeps all their number hidden so it is impossible to tell is how the first to seasons have fared on Netflix but my guess is that Netflix is at least taking a serious look at Dark Matter.

However, as far as Killjoys go. I'm sorry, but Wynnoa Earp and Vanhelsing are both vastly inferior to Killjoys. I can totally see enjoying Dark Matter to Killjoys or the Expanse to Killjoys. However, Killjoys is hardly the worst programing on SYFY.

- - - Updated - - -

yeah.. how can you fuck up a show about bounty hunters in space so badly anyway?
    That fact that it will have five seasons and gets better ratings then Dark Matter tells me that they did not f up a show about bounty hunters in space.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, they didn't really fuck it up... The only problem I have with Killjoys is we only got about two episodes of them actually BEING Killjoys. The Hullen plotline has basically taken over the whole show, and there's no let up. Really wish we could have had a few episodes of them actually being bounty hunters.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyattbw09 View Post
    That fact that it will have five seasons and gets better ratings then Dark Matter tells me that they did not f up a show about bounty hunters in space.
    Actually, if you include +1 and on demand ratings, Dark Matter was the number 1 show on SyFy, which makes them cancelling it all the more perplexing. It seems the networks are still stuck in the mindset that ratings at air time are all that matter...

I always thought Dark Matter was the worst show of the 2. Most of the main characters aren't good actors and something about the set or way it's shot always made it seem very low budget. The story has taken forever to get anywhere, where is it even going? During all that time they haven't done a great job making me like any characters. I pretty much only watched it for Android and Three. I like Roger Cross, but I don't feel like he's been that great in Dark Matter, and the things they keep doing to his character is annoying. It doesn't surprise me at all that Dark Matter got cancelled.

To be fair, they didn't really fuck it up... The only problem I have with Killjoys is we only got about two episodes of them actually BEING Killjoys. The Hullen plotline has basically taken over the whole show, and there's no let up. Really wish we could have had a few episodes of them actually being bounty hunters.

Actually, if you include +1 and on demand ratings, Dark Matter was the number 1 show on SyFy, which makes them cancelling it all the more perplexing. It seems the networks are still stuck in the mindset that ratings at air time are all that matter...
    yeah that's what i mean they took something that could've been a 2-3 episode plot and made it the whole show. hopefully they wrap that shit up quick and go back to the original idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    I was about to say it didn't necessarily have a "cancelled vibe", but rather a "Canadian vibe" from the get go, but then I looked stuff up in the pediwikia and found this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...uced_in_Canada

I mean... Are there even any sci-fi shows produced in the US?
    most of the ones made by america are still done in canada or other countries.

filming in america is more expensive and time consuming. especially if you want alot of city scenes.

more and more talent are leaving la and new york.

the best place to find work in america in acting is probably atlanta